Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Kids YouTube videos. The kids are watching one at the moment. Some American dad, with the most grating voice on the planet, screaming with excitement as his kids open presents.

And yet it has millions of views....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,806 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I could have sworn I turned off that 'Stylised Photo' crap in Google, and it makes the same sound that I have set for texts grrrr

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,297 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Smokers* standing in entrances of buildings.

*I include vapers here too. I don't care how nice you think it smells I don't need a lung full.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Got a letter to sign on in the "local" Intreo office, that's 30 km away. Good me shows up on time, sits down, us friendly only to be told there's no signing on today. I showed my letter and she just took it, crossed out the date and says I need to come back next week.
    I was so perplex, I just left and I couldn't help but cry in the car.
    Being unemployed is awful and sucks and I can't wait to get out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

People who can't eat from a bowl without doing a drum solo every time they dip the spoon in. I'm sitting in my work canteen looking across at a guy doing just this. I'd love to stick that spoon up his....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Ahh here, tell them you can't make it, have other plans made, that is just over the top cringe.
    Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Can you not say you had other plans already made ?
    Presents for the gender reveal , presents for baby shower , more tomorrow , and again when the baby is born ?

She won't need to buy anything at all at this rate .
    SirChenjin wrote: »
    Feck that! I would say I'm washing my hair. ;)
    And definitely no more gifts.

So I ended up going at my mams insistence, apparently I'd look bitter and jealous if I didn't attend so to keep the peace, I went.
    I brought some homemade scones because I didn't want to go with my arms swinging. Pregnant relative was none too impressed at the lack of gift, although a lot of people brought nothing at all :pac:

Everyone in attendance just took the p*ss, nobody had any idea what we were supposed to do or say.
    We all just sat there awkwardly until the "reveal".

The name, as expected, was completely normal (Irish name beginning with C, rhymes with Reeva).
    Bit of an anti-climax, everyone oohed and ahhed at how great it is, except for one aunt who loudly announced she hated it.

Everyone left immediately after, no one stayed for the "party", most likely due to the fact that they had their own plans with their own families for Easter.
    My cousin ended up getting upset at the lack of shared excitement and is apparently calling us all selfish & ungrateful for not staying to "celebrate" the name of her child.

I'm glad I went now because she made a total wagon of herself with with overly precious notions :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Co worker tells a user who forgot his laptop(at home) that he is to busy to help him and he should go home to get his laptop.

They contact me issue fixed in 10 mins as pull laptop from storeroom open a tickit and had the user the laptop.

Rise this issue to management I was told I was wrong for helping the user and that the person who refused to him was right...

I just don't know anymore fml

• Registered Users Posts: 21,831 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

SusieBlue wrote: »
    So I ended up going at my mams insistence, apparently I'd look bitter and jealous if I didn't attend so to keep the peace, I went.
    I brought some homemade scones because I didn't want to go with my arms swinging. Pregnant relative was none too impressed at the lack of gift, although a lot of people brought nothing at all :pac:

Everyone in attendance just took the p*ss, nobody had any idea what we were supposed to do or say.

The name, as expected, was completely normal (Irish name beginning with C, rhymes with Reeva).
    Bit of an anti-climax, everyone oohed and ahhed at how great it is, except for one aunt who loudly announced she hated it.

Everyone left immediately after, no one stayed for the "party", most likely due to the fact that they had their own plans with their own families for Easter.
    My cousin ended up getting upset at the lack of shared excitement and is apparently calling us all selfish & ungrateful for not staying to "celebrate" the name of her child.

I'm glad I went now because she made a total wagon of herself with with overly precious notions :pac:

Love bringing scones , good on you :D

Selfish and ungrateful , you all turned up to it , so was it the lack of presents that made her say that , oh dear.... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

It's too warm for the thick winter duvet, yet too cool for the thin summer duvet. I now use two summer duvets, which means I get twice as TA'd when I realise that both of the covers I've selected have buttons instead of press studs.

Buttons on coats are OK, but why did anyone ever think that they were better than press studs on duvet covers?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Do You Want Your Old Lobby Washed Down, by Brendan Shine, is stuck in my head for about two days. Apologies if it’s contagious.

You are so not Sorry about that:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Just spotted another TA of mine that may come across as a bit mean-spirited......

Someone famous and well-respected dies and then thousands upon thousands of posts appear on the internet saying RIP and how the now-dead person will be missed etc.

Firstly, Mr/Ms Anonymous Poster, you didn't actually know the person. Secondly, it's unlikely their families will read your comments and take comfort from them. Thirdly, how do you know that the person was actually "a saint" or whatever?

EDIT: Yes, this is quite mean-spirited of me. I'm hungover, back at work after a nice, long break and think I may well be suffering from chocolate poisoning.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,019 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Waking up with a headache two days in a row.
    dubstarr wrote: »
    You are so not Sorry about that:D

*hands dubstarr her coat*

:pac:

Hey! at least you got scones out of it anyway :3.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

I am glad i have normal friends who told me the names of their kids the day they were born.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

First world problem I know but very ta’d at having to sit in all day for a new broadband installation

Imagine one of 3 scenarios [1] the child comes out a boy
    [2]the child looks nothing like the name they have picked
    [3]Someone pips them to the post with the name.

I would love to be a fly on the wall:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,202 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

People not knowing the art of discretion, especially when they're talking about sensitive personal information. :mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,019 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

dubstarr wrote: »
    Imagine one of 3 scenarios [1] the child comes out a boy
    [2]the child looks nothing like the name they have picked
    [3]Someone pips them to the post with the name.

I would love to be a fly on the wall:D:D

We have a troublemaker here :pac:

We have a troublemaker here :pac:

You only noticed:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭Bredabe

The 'healthcare professional' newly installed in my workplace, who made it very very clear that he considered me sooooooooooo lazy because I wont take two buses to the local running track, so I could follow his advice about more aerobic exercise. This followed by a lot of 'suggestions' of how to overcome this difficulty by finding obvious solutions.

My uterus must be stopping me from thinking of the obvious solution again.:rolleyes:

Edit, while the cause of the issue I consulted him about is environmental, FAT was clearly the diagnosis as far as he was concerned.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

Cringe! :D
    So she was expecting even more presents. And the child is not even born yet!
    Fair play bringing the scones. I would have been one of the ones with the arms swinging. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭scotchy

Dishwasher tablets.

Do I take the plastic off?

Do I leave the Plastic on?

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

The poor child. Will have to explain the pronunciation and spelling of it's stupid name for their whole life. Silly wagon.

Nordy Narland, any time I see or hear anything related to the place, I switch off. Just cant stand the accent. Any there'll never be peace up there. All they do is annoy each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

SeaFields wrote: »
    Kids YouTube videos. The kids are watching one at the moment. Some American dad, with the most grating voice on the planet, screaming with excitement as his kids open presents.

And yet it has millions of views....
    Robert Smith from the Cure would probably agree...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,806 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

The cut of my car with what seems like the remains of a million insects on the front of it. Also note to self - remove reading glasses before going out to the car. :D

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 30,221 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When somebody asks you to an update on there phone and then when the phone switches off the announce they don't know there pin code!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

People getting dogs as a novelty /accessory. If you see a dog imprinting on a human and then pine for their 'owner ' who cannot be bothered to be around .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Paid €90 for the car to be serviced. Then an indicator bulb went, another fiver. Not a lot, just irritating that it went on the same day

• Registered Users Posts: 30,221 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

People who consider themselves to be foodsies and they can't get into in there heads that you don't like a certain thing but they are right because they have a superior palette. They keep on pushing and pushing their opinions on you and how you mustn't be afraid of food/etc.
    I tried it and I know I don't like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Canvassers with their jowled painted smiles and dead eyes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

People who consider themselves to be foodsies and they can't get into in there heads that you don't like a certain thing but they are right because they have a superior palette. They keep on pushing and pushing their opinions on you and how you mustn't be afraid of food/etc.
    I tried it and I know I don't like it.

I'd be kind of a foodie but omg I hate people like that. No I know I don't like beets, I don't like apples, I want my food served on a plate and not on a slate, I find Italian food unexciting and I stand by that. I'm actually easily pleased, I just like food.

TA that my husband's tiramisu isn't ready to eat yet because I want it now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement