Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Erik Shun

Succubus_ wrote: »
    I honestly wonder if there is a human being on this planet who is more useless than me. I doubt it.

Not true, hope you realise the love here for you

TA that there's 28 posts in this thread from today and only 2 in the TH thread. Other people's THs make me TH and this is a miserable sort of day where I need some happy! Come on people.. it's better to highlight those little things that make us feel good than focus on the ones that don't!

Now Im a bit TA that I have to think of my own TH so I'm not a total hypocrite...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

There's a TH thread?
    I'd never post there, maybe cos I'm never happy!

Seven Worlds will Collide

There's a TH thread?

:D I know that to be untrue because I've seen your dogs! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

Squatter wrote: »
    RTE news reporters (and others) who pronounce the word "any" as "annie" Gobsh1tes :mad:

Well I'm a gobsh1te so.

TA'd at how unnecessarily difficult it is to print photos.
    One place told me that the kiosk i was using doesn't work properly .....after i had uploaded 128 photos.
    Next place warned me NOT to touch anything until i could see all the images on the screen. There i stood like a gom until she eventually came back and chastised me for not hitting the "next" button. She hit the button and lost all the photos i had sent over from the phone!!!

I know, i know i can do it from my phone but i find mobile screen too small and lose patience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,259 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

There's a TH thread?

:eek: Say it ain't so :P

I'm TA'd at all these goddamn ad breaks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

:D I know that to be untrue because I've seen your dogs! ;)

I have become Comfortably Numb :pac:

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Squatter

heldel00 wrote: »

Well I'm a gobsh1te so.

So then, if you pronounce "any" as "annie", do you also pronounce "many" as "mannie"?

And if not, why not? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

RTE news reporters (and others) who pronounce the word "any" as "annie" Gobsh1tes :mad:

Are you okay?

I honestly wonder if there is a human being on this planet who is more useless than me. I doubt it.

Shane Ross?

• Advertisement

Don't say that, it's not true!

You are hilarious, you are sensitive, you are kind hearted, you are perceptive, you are brave, you are clever, you are generous, and you are loved. Very loved.

DareGod wrote: »
    Are you okay?

Of course I am! A bit flatulent, but that's probably because I ate too much broccoli earlier.

Of course I am! A bit flatulent, but that's probably because I ate too much broccoli earlier.

I'm confused. I pronounce any like Annie. How do you pronounce any??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

People who pronounce 6 as sic eg the twenty sicth instead of twenty sixth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

Whiplashy wrote: »
    People who pronounce 6 as sic eg the twenty sicth instead of twenty sixth

All presenters on UK tv/radio pronounce sixth as sickth, and some Irish too. Drives me mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Noo

I'm confused. I pronounce any like Annie. How do you pronounce any??

Ennie

Noo wrote: »
    Ennie

Oh. I do not say that. I say any and many not eny and meny.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

People who say taoo instead of tattoo.How hard is it to pronounce 2 ts.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

heldel00 wrote: »
    Well I'm a gobsh1te so.
    You're an RTÉ News reporter?!? :eek:

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED! :pac: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,275 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

dubstarr wrote: »
    People who say taoo instead of tattoo.How hard is it to pronounce 2 ts.

Ask any Duub........the auld ‘t’ gives them fierce problems.

Knau worr I meeeyan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,128 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Knau worr I meeeyan

I am a Dub and have no issues whatsoever with my "t" . Do you know what I mean .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

The theme tune to what I am sure is a 70s/80s TV show randomly popped into my head this morning and I can't remember what it is. Driving myself mad humming it in the hopes of thinking what it is :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

It's Mork and Mindy!! TA how in the name of God did it take me so long to remember?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Sorry about that

But that’s the way it’s pronounced. Enny alternative is incorrect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

So then, if you pronounce "any" as "annie", do you also pronounce "many" as "mannie"?

And if not, why not? :P

Yes i do say mannie for many! Should i be saying "maynie"?
    That was my granny's name! I'd cause all sorts of confusion and be kicked out of the parish for causing said confusion!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Knau worr I meeeyan

Im a Dub and i pronounce it tattoo.Its mostly English presenter Charlotte Crosby is the worst offender.

They could have got somebody who could actually pronounce their own show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    It's Mork and Mindy!! TA how in the name of God did it take me so long to remember?!
    High levels of rubber exposure affect the memory....(probably) :p

My TA, when I am sitting in a cinema screen before the movie starts and a group of teenagers walk in.

source.gif

Cue 2 hours of talking, shouting, shushing, selfies and bright phone screens being waved around.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

My cat peed on my freshly washed sheets

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Some cinema people and their constant bag rustling. It's not hard to eat quietly! My OH had a big bag of crisps and I didn't hear any noise whatsoever when he was eating. He made an effort to be respectful of the people around him.

Unlike the girl across from me. She kept rustling loudly, putting her popcorn down, picking it up again a while later and rustling loudly again. It sounded like she was wrapping presents or doing papier-mâché or something. Three hours of this.

She also loudly dropped her phone like 8 times. She suddenly got up to leave five minutes before the film ended and literally shoved her ar$e in my OH's face as she moved past him. I honestly thought she was going to fart in his face!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

When my penis touches the water in the toilet bowel while having a poo.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement