Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Gogglebox.

I enjoyed it at the start as it was novel but now they've become so self aware it's absolutely pointless (even more so than it was originally, I guess).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,212 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

People who talk in cliches - sports pundits being a prime example

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

It is what it is, RMAOK.

New Home wrote: »
    It is what it is, RMAOK.

:mad:

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Today is Saturday, not "Sahurdah".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Only got a few hours sleep and am like the walking dead today.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

A twinge in my back.

I have so much to do that I don't know where to start so I'm sitting on the couch procrastinating.. I'm actually annoying myself right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

The coaster keeps sticking to my coffee mug, maybe I could do something radical like cleaning it.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 6,589 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I always seem to save up my rants for batch posts like this one. Oh well. We were away for a few days in Donegal,
    Rant 1: christ almighty the drivers there. Absolute nutters. Overtaking on bends, hills, with oncoming traffic, just no consideration at all! No such thing as speed limits apparently. And roads with no road markings apparently means you can just drive in the middle.
    Rant 2: night 1 in the hotel we had a screaming baby next door. Night 2 we had a yippy dog. *sigh*
    Rant 3: cucumber sorbet? WTF is wrong with you people? Bleh.
    Rant 4: lady sitting across from me in the restaurant today ate her entire meal with her mouth open. I don't know how food didn't actually fall out of her mouth while she was chewing but it was revolting.
    Rant 5: FIL organised this trip for his wife, asked us to go for the company and because they don't drive anymore. MIL called her poor husband an idiot in front of us for ordering something in the restaurant that she knew he wouldn't like. It was just a small annoyance but he was being so thoughtful for his wife and she just called him stupid. Kinda bummed me out a bit.

Despite the moaning we actually had a really nice time though. Lol.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Being blanked by someone

• Registered Users Posts: 11,182 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

My good friend's father died a few weeks ago and it was a sad occasion for everyone naturally enough. But his sister, who I nickname Vogue due to her incredible self-celebrity, has really gone overboard on FB with her mourning.

Has had multiple daily statuses, very often tagging her dad's account (a FB phenomenon I find weird) because of course she is more grief-stricken than the rest of the family, publically anyway.

Even over the last day, my aforementioned friend became a daddy, and she is hijacking that joy to apparently make it about her continued grief.

I know people mourn in different ways, but its definitely a bit too public.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Being blanked by someone

Look - the 20 quid, I'll give it back to you as soon as I can. :p

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Look - the 20 quid, I'll give it back to you as soon as I can. :p

It was 50 :3

• Registered Users Posts: 21,888 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Being blanked by someone

Their loss Seph , and ignorance .

TA people who lack empathy and common decency towards others .

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Their loss Seph , and ignorance .

TA people who lack empathy and common decency towards others .

This is why I wanted too read women's minds the other day :pac: :3

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Being blanked by someone

I don’t know how anyone could blank you. You’re by far the nicest, most personable gentleman I’ve encountered on boards. Their loss <3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Restaurants that play loud music, making conversation difficult as nobody can feckin hear anything.

I don’t know how anyone could blank you. You’re by far the nicest, most personable gentleman I’ve encountered on boards. Their loss <3

Awww too kind :o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

Bought a number or tubes of Ben and Jerrys Cookie Dough recently as they were on offer and notice none of them have cookie Dough in them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

TA that I went to the bar today to but my round and an elderly woman in our group asked me to get her tea and I’m only after realising I forgot it. Plagued with guilt so I am.

T asked me to get her tea and I’m only after realising I forgot it. Plagued with guilt so I am.

giphy.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 40 Chestvalve

This posting in bold

Is it for the visually impaired?

TA wrt not being able to sleep properly for the last few days

• Registered Users Posts: 5,654 ✭✭✭storker

RMAOK wrote: »
    People who talk in cliches - sports pundits being a prime example

You're playing hardball, no question about it, but in fairness sports punditry is a funny old game - a real pressure cooker, and usually the boys do well and the viewers get the money's worth. It is what it is.

storker wrote: »
    You're playing hardball, no question about it, but in fairness sports punditry is a funny old game - a real pressure cooker, and usually the boys do well and the viewers get the money's worth. It is what it is.

I hate you so much right now :mad:

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

I have a pain in my belly from eating too much rubbish. Someone rub it for me please :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 40 Chestvalve

Succubus_ wrote: »
    I have a pain in my belly from eating too much rubbish. Someone rub it for me please :(

No wonder the country is obese

Chestvalve wrote: »
    No wonder the country is obese

You are Brad Pitt no doubt.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

You are Brad Pitt no doubt.

Probably around 14 and trolling Perse. Probably fook all else to do.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement