Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

It's a TA all right, I remember one day getting off my bike to check if the brakes were stuck. They were fine just me struggling for no apparent reason.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

I found a grey eyebrow hair this morning. What the actual fcuk.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

Sprained my foot yesterday evening :( have loads to do today but I’m able to do nothing at the moment

Succubus_ wrote: »
    I found a grey eyebrow hair this morning. What the actual fcuk.

Yep it's a TA that's it's downhill all the way from about 30 or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

DareGod wrote: »
    This thread has become a farce over the past few months.

Chats going on left right and centre. It's head wrecking scrolling through the nonsense that only the four people involved in the chat have any interest in.

Not to mention "TA's" that aren't T at all, but rather genuinely sad things. What is that about?

Just rename the thread "chats, sadness and trivial annoyances" if that's what it is. Current title is misleading.

That's my TA.

I really didn't meant to overreact quite so much like this. I was in a really bad mood about something completely unrelated at the time, came in to this thread to just switch off my brain for a few mins and just got frustrated with all the posts unrelated to what I was looking for at that time.

Everyone here seems lovely and I love how people try to cheer each other up, and sometimes that does take a chat.

TA: when I take my anger out on the wrong thing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

*Sends DareGod a cuppa*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

I really didn't meant to overreact quite so much like this. I was in a really bad mood about something completely unrelated at the time, came in to this thread to just switch off my brain for a few mins and just got frustrated with all the posts unrelated to what I was looking for at that time.

Everyone here seems lovely and I love how people try to cheer each other up, and sometimes that does take a chat.

We all have our off days and that's what this thread is for. I hope today is a better day for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,212 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

TA for people chewing loudly.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,128 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Having an off day myself .Everything is irritating me for no reason at all .Whats that about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Stone Gossard

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Having an off day myself .Everything is irritating me for no reason at all .Whats that about

It's not me this time :D

I have a headache...and I'm just worried it's going to go into a migraine... that'll end me for the day if so :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 cjragoo

When people have their earphones cranked to full volume on the bus. If I can hear the song you're listening to as if its coming from the radio what the hell is it like for your ears? The fact she was listening to absolute ****e also didn't help.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

cjragoo wrote: »
    When people have their earphones cranked to full volume on the bus. If I can hear the song you're listening to as if its coming from the radio what the hell is it like for your ears? The fact she was listening to absolute ****e also didn't help.

Reminds me of the time I was sitting behind a grown man listening to Britney Spears “Lucky” on the bus.

Ta, my niece just asked me can she push the button on my face, it was a spot! You wouldn’t want to have any self confidence issues around kids!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

*bro hugs*

Having an off day myself, full of anxiety in the pit of my stomach :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,576 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Ta, my niece just asked me can she push the button on my face, it was a spot! You wouldn’t want to have any self confidence issues around kids!

My niece asked my mother why her face was all cracked once.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Dial Hard wrote: »
    My niece asked my mother why her face was all cracked once.

Children are lethal, they'll call things exactly as they see. I've often been left red faced by my lad, he'll repeat stuff he overhears myself and partner talking about.

There's an old expression ''only children and drunks tell the truth''.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Unrealistic runners who position themselves in the wrong starting pen at the start of a run.

I rarely run but I've never seen those things work out. I think most races don't even bother because people dgaf - they'll just stand where they like. I try to tell myself that what I lose by being held up at the start I'll gain by having more energy in the end - especially in a longer race.
    Kitty6277 wrote: »
    TA’d that my gym session last night was really tough. I did the same things I have been doing but for some reason, I really struggled

That happens. You might have been a bit tired or under-hydrated, or working the same muscle group too soon or something. If it gets really easy you're doing something wrong.

My TA is being a little big ill. Not a full blown chest infection but a bit of a sniffle. Can I power through this or should I take some rest? Don't want to rest.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Children are lethal, they'll call things exactly as they see. I've often been left red faced by my lad, he'll repeat stuff he overhears myself and partner talking about.

There's an old expression ''only children and drunks tell the truth''.

I got a right scolding off a 4 year old (I guess) for beginning to cross the road with a red man :o

I couldn’t say anything , I was in the wrong

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ta'd I can't read women's minds 🤔😛

• Registered Users Posts: 40,354 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Ta'd I can't read women's minds 🤔😛

would you really want that ability?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I got a twix from a vending machine. In the fall in the vending process, it broke into too many pieces.

• Advertisement

A pan of ashes and a gale Doh!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,128 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Kids across the road got a new basketball net . Is there anything worse than the thump thump thump of a basketball all bloody day

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Thump thump thump of the neighbours' headboard against the wall all night? Ah, sorry, that was probably a rethorical question. :p

My TA: when someone asks "How do you undo your phone?", gives you no other information, and expects you to know what they mean.

I heated a fresh pancake in the microwave and it came out all soggy. Je ne suis pas impressed. Je ne suis pas speak French either

would you really want that ability?

Hmmm 🤔.....Maybe just for a day😀

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Maybe if you're Mel Gibson

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

Bad customer service, boils my blood!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

I have a bad twitch in my nose of all places. I can actually see it jumping on my face.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

A TA at not reaching the qualifying stage for a public jobs competition tuned into a TH two hours later when I was offered an interview for something else. And then i started to panic about what I would wear, ffs!

• Advertisement

My sister in law, love her to bits but I’ve lost count of the amount of clothes I’ve lent her that have come back botched. Just trying on a dress there that I lent her over the summer and had planned on wearing to a christening on Saturday and there’s two buttons missing and a small hole near the armpit. I haven’t worn it since she had it. I hate being anal about it because they’re only clothes at the end of the day, but ffs!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement