Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Bf thinking of going off on a holiday and didn’t even ask if I’d wanna go. Cheers for that mate.

And worse, we were talking about going on holidays ourselves next year, but if he goes off himself, no holiday for us. What the fcuk :mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Feeling dozy headed today

Bf thinking of going off on a holiday and didn’t even ask if I’d wanna go. Cheers for that mate.
    He was probably thinking that I wouldn’t be able to afford it (which I may not be) but it would still have been nice to have been asked. Although I’m not sure how he’s planning on affording it either :rolleyes:
    And worse, we were talking about going on holidays ourselves next year, but if he goes off himself, no holiday for us. What the fcuk :mad:

Let him off, come away on holiday with me instead :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

He doesnt want you to go with him. Accept it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,598 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

My soon-to-be-ex Bf thinking of going off on a holiday and didn’t even ask if I’d wanna go. Cheers for that mate.

FYP.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Let him off, come away on holiday with me instead :cool:

Let’s do it Seph :p
    New Home wrote: »
    FYP.

Oh my god :p:D

I mean we hadn’t made any plans to go away together, but we had talked about it so I assumed we’d start planning for it close to the time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

There's really loud alarm bells ringing around here......

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭RFOLEY1990

people who have their earphones in the wrong ear (the mic goes in the right ear)

or worse, people who have earphones in but hold their phone up to their mouth when talking!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,328 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Relationship forum is that way 》》》》

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,209 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Not winning the ****ing euromillions :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Week off next week, trying to muster up the effort to do work for the next few days.

Not coming along very well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I renewed my car insurance two days ago and I've been getting calls from AA Insurance since. I did get a quote from them, but it was three times my renewal price, and I ended up renewing with my current insurer. They called the same day as I was on my way out, and again yesterday. When they called this morning it was less inconvenient, so I answered to tell them to **** off, but it was one of those auto dial systems - the sales systems that dial your number and only connect to an operator when you answer. So they called me and expect me to wait for them to come to the ****ing phone? Nobody did in the 4-5 seconds it took me to hang up anyway. Now they've been added to my phone's auto-reject list.

Here's a tip - apart from losing the ****ty sales tactics, they could maybe stop trying to price gouge their potential customers?

While on the subject - I also got a message from Chill offering me a 10% discount. I didn't bother to do more than skim the message, because their best quote was more than 25% higher than my renewal quote anyway so still not good enough. Also, I suspect the 10% was their 'online discount' which had already been factored in, and if not, why the fudge wasn't I offered that to begin with?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,598 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I remembered two trivial annoyances that bug me quite a lot.

1. When you are in a single bed, and you're slightly off the middle of the mattress, and you bend your arms, and one of your elbows sticks out of the mattress and feels frozen.

and

2. When the binmen empty your bins but leave the lid open, and it's raining outside. :mad:

1. When you are in a single bed, and you're slightly off the middle of the mattress, and you bend your arms, and one of your elbows sticks out of the mattress and feels frozen.

Perhaps I could assist you with that, my official boards.ie GF :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,646 ✭✭✭storker

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Had a big post written about my drive to work this morning and deleted it. It was just too confusing!

Was it about getting lost? :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

If i see this message 1 more time when i try to pay my motortax
    According to our records, a tax disc for this vehicle was requested online and has now been posted to the registered owner's address. If you have not received your disc 5 working days after you requested it, please contact the Motor Tax Online helpline.

I might go Ron Swanson on my computer.

RFOLEY1990 wrote: »
    or worse, people who have earphones in but hold their phone up to their mouth when talking!

Even when the earphones don't have a mike? :)

You're going to get me a new, wider mattress?? ARE YOU CALLING ME FAT?!?!?! :eek::mad::mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Smooth :D

You can get GFs on Boards now? :eek: I guess they're branching out...

ARE YOU CALLING ME FAT?!?!?! :eek::mad::mad:

Certainly not my dear.

• Advertisement

"Imaginary", storker, "imaginary". That's the key word that was omitted. Anyway, in case you missed it, you can find your list here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭RFOLEY1990

storker wrote: »
    Even when the earphones don't have a mike? :)

they do though, I can see it!

"Imaginary", storker, "imaginary". That's the key word that was omitted. Anyway, in case you missed it, you can find your list here.

Now NH the computer said it - I am your destiny...

You're not on my list, though, soooo... there's that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

storker wrote: »
    You can get GFs on Boards now? :eek: I guess they're branching out...

Everyone's saying it, Storker. Should we all be getting GF's now? What's the official line the church has taken on this?
    Only, the farm takes up most of the day, and at night I just like a cup of tea. I mightn't be able to devote myself full time to the old Boards GF.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,328 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Annoying that 16 years later there is still no € symbol on my keyboard. They could easily replace any number of symbols that are never used

TA'd I just got a dagger through my heart and my soul :(

I will be doubly TA'd if someone responds on how to type € using a standard keyboard as I know how. Just annoyed that the symbol isn't there.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

It's on my keyboard :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,209 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    I will be doubly TA'd if someone responds on how to type € using a standard keyboard as I know how. Just annoyed that the symbol isn't there.

Use a capital E

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement