Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Typing out a long reply to someone in an effort to help and not getting any acknowledgement of thanks. Huh.

k

:D

k

:D

I know you have manners :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

WTF is going on with clothes?

I have been the same size, weight and shape, give or take, for over 20 years.

I tried on trousers today. My usual waist and leg size. "Modern fit". The waistband to crotch distance was about two inches. The ends of the trousers were about three inches in diameter.

I tried on a shirt, my usual size. Skintight around the chest and arms. A huge flapping balloon around the belly.

A jumper which was a tight-fitting constricting tube with arms about five feet long.

I just don't see the sort of human being these would ever fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

When you ring a number and you can't make out what the person says when they answer, so then you say "hello, is that such and such" and feel like a twat as they have likely answered the phone giving the name of the place. Sucks being half deaf :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Hangovers! Not drinking again til next Xmas! Seriously

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,012 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    When you ring a number and you can't make out what the person says when they answer, so then you say "hello, is that such and such" and feel like a twat as they have likely answered the phone giving the name of the place. Sucks being half deaf :(

It's not you. I would consider myself to have excellent hearing but this has often happened to me.
    It's a lack of communication skills- mainly mumbling.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Rubberlegs wrote: »

It's not you, it's them. Some receptionists answer the phone and speak so fast and unclear that it's impossible to decipher what they have just said.

Thanks, it just happened there, don't feel so bad now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

Got a signs of a cough on Tuesday
    By thursday had a fever, body aching and coughing non stop (dry cough)

Had thoughts of calling in sick.. Christ I know 99℅ of my own direct reports would

Anyway...Forced Myself into work and coughed non stop until 1pm and sweating like no1 business .

Think my boss would ask am I ok.... Naaaaaaaa

Eventually asked the boss myself to head home sick

Left work
    Got stuff in chemist
    Painkillers
    Lemsip
    Cough bottle

And hit the bed at 2pm thursday

Woke up Friday morning
    Fever gone, but cough still there.
    Went to work again and did the whole day. Felt much better besides the annoying cough and its hurting my chest

Got home yesterday evening and bang..pains out my back when coughing and it's worse than ever.

Chest infection it is

Stayed in last night and on the couch all day long today while my buddies plan a night out on the beer........

Forcing Myself to stay in for the good of my health and to avoid 2nd hand smoke and a hangover tomorrow.

Stupid chest infection.......
    And I'm never sick!
    :(

A January birthday!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I was minding my niece for the last two days. We had a great time. I don’t have fancy kids channels so we didn’t watch much tv. I brought her for walks and played games etc and fed her well. Of course her mother had to arrive through the door to collect her while I had given her the iPad and a curly wurly to distract her for literally five mins while I went to the toilet in peace!
    TA I adulted for at least 24 hours and no one was around to notice

• Registered Users Posts: 18,240 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

'Celebrities' on a 'journey'....
    There normally is the same pattern of of cliches they learned from thier mistakes, thier mistakes have made them a stronger person, they have 'found' themselves and/or some God.
    They happen to have a book out about thier 'experience' where they 'open up'.

It seems to be the same guff to me just the names change.
    How is there a market for this? Is it because it is new to each generation?

When the words/phrases 'journey' 'mistakes' 'found' 'God' 'experience' 'open up' are followed by the word 'book', it should entitle the next ten people who come in contact with them to give them a proper kick up the arse/smack in the gob.
    It should be made law in all countries worldwide.

The fact this is not a law annoys me.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,440 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

inadvertantly poking my eye

now it won't stop watering

and sniffling inevitably follows

I have to get up early tomorrow morning to pick someone up from the airport, probably going to be the guts of 2 and a half hours drive each way. Ugggghhhhhh:(

Is today the 12th day of Christmas? If Xmas day is day 1- it is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

'Celebrities' on a 'journey'....
    There normally is the same pattern of of cliches they learned from thier mistakes, thier mistakes have made them a stronger person, they have 'found' themselves and/or some God.
    They happen to have a book out about thier 'experience' where they 'open up'.

It seems to be the same guff to me just the names change.
    How is there a market for this? Is it because it is new to each generation?

When the words/phrases 'journey' 'mistakes' 'found' 'God' 'experience' 'open up' are followed by the word 'book', it should entitle the next ten people who come in contact with them to give them a proper kick up the arse/smack in the gob.
    It should be made law in all countries worldwide.

The fact this is not a law annoys me.
    This I really don't understand. In the age of social media, there is literally nothing a fan doesn't know about their "celebrity" so why would they pay money for a book that's going to be full of stuff they already know? I'm talking about reality/youtube celebrities here who wouldn't know what privacy meant if it jumped up and bit them in the ar$e.

While on a rant, why do fans buy sh!te endorsed by celebs like perfume, clothes etc. The celeb had NO part to play in making these and it's mostly cheap tat that they put their name to, yet people feel some sort of "connection" because of the name???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

*** WARNING!!! Do NOT read the following if you have a sensitive stomach. WARNING!!! ***
    Some classy lady hung a dirty sanitary towel out of a small tree on my usual walking route. It's been there about a month and a half and my stupid eyes spot it hanging there every damn time.

A VILE person took a sh1t on my OHs rear car door, possibly when they were on the way back from the pub in the wee hours. He noticed a brown smear on the door and a neat pile of poop on the ground. So manky-ar$e did their business against the door and it slid down. People annoy and disgust me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Rosie Rant wrote: »

A VILE person took a sh1t on my OHs rear car door, possibly when they were on the way back from the pub in the wee hours. He noticed a brown smear on the door and a neat pile of poop on the ground. So manky-ar$e did their business against the door and it slid down. People annoy and disgust me.
    WTF :eek: Obviously he didn't wipe or you'd have found a sock beside it. What is wrong with people?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    WTF :eek: Obviously he didn't wipe or you'd have found a sock beside it. What is wrong with people?

Nope they must not have wiped. Unless they brought the sock or whatever with them. Maybe they have some standards - "I'll **** on the street but I won't litter".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Rosie Rant wrote:
    Nope they must not have wiped. Unless they brought the sock or whatever with them. Maybe they have some standards - "I'll **** on the street but I won't litter".

It sounds like they wiped on the car. Manky bastards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,716 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

lbc2019 wrote: »
    Is today the 12th day of Christmas? If Xmas day is day 1- it is!

I don't know why more people don't pick up on this. 25th Dec - 6 Jan = 13 days.
    Use your fingers if you don't believe it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,665 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

When you go into a jacks at work, and someone has left their railway tracks in the bowl, and stains. You can't hold on, so you go for a dump. After you finish and flush, the same stains that were there before are still there. They are not your ones. If you leave the jacks without dealing with them, and someone sees you going out of the cubicle, they'll think you're filthy....and it is torturous to try and clean them off, if you decide to do the decent thing....and the worst sensation of all....the stains left are stubborn, and when you are cleaning them with the brush, some of the toilet water flicks up and hits you in the face....so you get the fecal remnants of god knows how many men. Absolutely disgusting.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I don't know why more people don't pick up on this. 25th Dec - 6 Jan = 13 days.
    Use your fingers if you don't believe it.

Lent is the same. Count the days.

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Lent is the same. Count the days.

It’s 40 days to Palm Sunday isn’t it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

Rosie Rant wrote: »

That is absolutely disgusting but I had to laugh out loud about "I'll sh1t on the street but I won't litter" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Januhairy.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-46747452

Does not have the same ring to it as movember.

My house is always in a state! I think I need a cleaner! Anyone ever get one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

I'm going to start advertising to this on weekends.. I love cleaning and could do with a few quid :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

lbc2019 wrote: »
    It’s 40 days to Palm Sunday isn’t it?

40 days Ash Wednesday to Easter Sunday but only six days per week. You don’t count the Sundays in between. I guess they were already fast days so that’s why they weren’t counted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Sirius Boner

Religious hokery pokery... personally don't care how many days it is to Pam and her 5 sisters Sunday

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement