Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

Watching the Inbetweeners special on C4 and Katherine Ryan pops up....does she follow Jimmy Carr everywhere

I've been really looking forward to watching this. Please please tell me that it wasn't actually just two hours of unfunny British "comedians" (why are there so so many? not jimmy though) waffling on about their favourite scenes, because I'll cry myself to sleep if it turns out that's all this show was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

My brain will not​ switch off. I'm officially disgusted now that I'm back to work tomorrow. I demand to have the day off!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,440 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

chromebook wont charge :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,108 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

The amount of people on boards at this hour!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Feels like a Sunday night. Panic insomnia re early start tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

La.de.da wrote: »
    Feels like a Sunday night. Panic insomnia re early start tomorrow.

Wide awake, alarm going off at 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭TheDavester

DareGod wrote: »
    I've been really looking forward to watching this. Please please tell me that it wasn't actually just two hours of unfunny British "comedians" (why are there so so many? not jimmy though) waffling on about their favourite scenes, because I'll cry myself to sleep if it turns out that's all this show was.

It was that mixed with a quiz and the 4 looked like they didn’t want to be there in particular the lads who play jay and Simon ...some weird fella did a ‘historical segment’ throughout it ...Katherine Ryan pops up who seems to be obligated to appear where jimmy Carr does,she’s irritating while not the worst of the same ten/15 comedians who constantly appear on comedy panel shows, and she is unfunny majority of the time, she seems like she’s showed up at the opening of a Crisp packet .... I wouldn’t go out of my way to watch it ..also it was odd not bringing Emily Atack ant bringing on the French lad who was in for 1 episode

I’m guessing this will be part of a new box set and to justify it by saying it’s ‘new Material ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

My brain will not​ switch off. I'm officially disgusted now that I'm back to work tomorrow. I demand to have the day off!

Same here Bonesy, I've been back for 2 days already, but feels like this is day 1.

Kinda have to go into office today, can only get away with work from home for so long.

First day back and there’s a fella who is already hums/sings to everything on the radio ...ffs it’s first day back ffs and no one wants to hear you butcher the tunes on classic fm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Back in today, with about 3 hours sleep if I'm lucky and already a P1 call logged for something and I'm the only one here so far.
    M50 lulled me into thinking this day would be grand with it's no traffic at 7

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Few things on today that I couldn't be arsed to do before Xmas. Turns out I couldn't be arsed doing them now either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

The goggles they do nothing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Those big Lanyard ID things that some people wear for work, but some "forget" to take them off when they're finished for the day, so as people will see how important they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

It was that mixed with a quiz and the 4 looked like they didn’t want to be there in particular the lads who play jay and Simon ...some weird fella did a ‘historical segment’ throughout it ...Katherine Ryan pops up who seems to be obligated to appear where jimmy Carr does,she’s irritating while not the worst of the same ten/15 comedians who constantly appear on comedy panel shows, and she is unfunny majority of the time, she seems like she’s showed up at the opening of a Crisp packet .... I wouldn’t go out of my way to watch it ..also it was odd not bringing Emily Atack ant bringing on the French lad who was in for 1 episode

I’m guessing this will be part of a new box set and to justify it by saying it’s ‘new Material ‘

What a farce of a show.
    The sooner Jimmy Carr pays his tax bill and fines, the better. He's never off tv.
    He was trying to steal the limelight repeatedly through that show.
    Greg Davies was a ready made host there for it. They needed more of the segments involving the lads in the car just chatting.

It also looks like it may have been filmed a few weeks back so that explains Attak's absence as she was in the Jungle.

TA'd I wasted 90 minutes of the last night before I was back working watching it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Those big Lanyard ID things that some people wear for work, but some "forget" to take them off when they're finished for the day, so as people will see how important they are.

Yeah, I used to think this too. Until we started wearing them at work, and then I realised it's far more likely that people just forget to take them off when they leave work.

I've often realised that I'm still wearing mine when I go to the shop or garage after work and I feel like a total dick, knowing that people will be thinking "look at that dick thinking how important he looks". It doesn't make me feel important, it makes me feel like a dick :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Yeah, I used to think this too. Until we started wearing them at work, and then I realised it's far more likely that people just forget to take them off when they leave work.

I've often realised that I'm still wearing mine when I go to the shop or garage after work and I feel like a total dick, knowing that people will be thinking "look at that dick thinking how important he looks". It doesn't make me feel important, it makes me feel like a dick :mad:

I've forgotten to take mine off and gone into shops after work. Usually in places like B&Q or Woodies, someone usually stops me and asks me where the chipboard screws / fabricated halfinch pipe is. And I feel like a dick telling them I don't work there and shove the offending lanyard under my top.
    :o

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Annoyed at board for removing the setting i had working: legacy site with black theme
    Had 2 browsers side by side at work. 1 work related and the important one, my own stuff.

New lay out just doesnt fit right when i am on boards, tiny bit of scrolling from left to right required.
    Easy to solve by resizing both side by side browsers, but that is not the point. It wasnt broken, dont ****ing fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,804 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Yea there's definitely a hint of someone trying to justify themselves about that.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

I'm on a train and there's a 300MB data use limit!!

What is this,1974?!! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

Yeah. I've seen this moaned about on boards before and I don't get the anger. I've never once thought "Ooh people will think I'm really important when they see that I have to wear a swipe card around my neck all day." And I'm not a dick for not constantly taking it off and putting it back on just to protect the feelings of a few bizarrely hypersensitives - and you really shouldn't care so much what said hypersensitives think about you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Yeah. I've seen this moaned about on boards before and I don't get the anger. I've never once thought "Ooh people will think I'm really important when they see that I have to wear a swipe card around my neck all day." And I'm not a dick for not constantly taking it off and putting it back on just to protect the feelings of a few bizarrely hypersensitives - and you really shouldn't care so much what said hypersensitives think about you.

Ah, I don't really care. But this is Boards, so I have to be outraged about something :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Boyfriend possibly changing plans. The plan was for us to fly back to Dublin together on Sunday, but now he’s thinking of flying to Shannon on Saturday night instead, despite the fact that the flights are already booked and paid for (by me!!!). Not sure why this irks me so much, but it does

• Registered Users Posts: 16,126 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I wear mine clipped onto my belt. I always wear it. The reason is that otherwise I'd lose it or forget it. When I get home it's unclipped and put on the table with my keys and wallet so I automatically pick it up the next morning.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Boyfriend possibly changing plans. The plan was for us to fly back to Dublin together on Sunday, but now he’s thinking of flying to Shannon on Saturday night instead, despite the fact that the flights are already booked and paid for (by me!!!). Not sure why this irks me so much, but it does

You're right to be pissed, I'd be pissed as well tbh, did he pay you for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

You're right to be pissed, I'd be pissed as well tbh, did he pay you for them?

Nope :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Nope :rolleyes:

I'd be demanding the money off him and if he wants to change it off with him, he can pay it himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

In the Dunnes Stores new store on Newtown park avenue today. Mommy had 3 toddlers with her. Each had been given a pulley basket thingy to help Mommy with her shopping.
    It was heart warming to see Mommy train these toddlers how to shop while the rest of us queued up behind them as they made their way slowly around the store. During the shopping instruction Mommy would advise young Tarquin and Neesha in a loud voice about what they would be having for dinner that evening with Daddy.
    The rest of us were blessed to witness this and really didn't mind waiting......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

People who can't watch a film without staying quiet. I can ****ing see it and hear it, I don't need to told to "look at this bit" when I'm sitting there watching the film.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    People who can't watch a film without staying quiet. I can ****ing see it and hear it, I don't need to told to "look at this bit" when I'm sitting there watching the film.

Or wait till you see what happens next.And then they tell you:mad::mad:Aah

• Advertisement

razorblunt wrote: »
    What a farce of a show.
    The sooner Jimmy Carr pays his tax bill and fines, the better. He's never off tv.
    He was trying to steal the limelight repeatedly through that show.
    Greg Davies was a ready made host there for it. They needed more of the segments involving the lads in the car just chatting.

It also looks like it may have been filmed a few weeks back so that explains Attak's absence as she was in the Jungle.

TA'd I wasted 90 minutes of the last night before I was back working watching it!

The fella who played jay apologized fir it on twitter and Instagram

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement