Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I burned some chicken rashers in my frying pan on Saturday,I soaked and cleaned it and put it back where it lives(oddly I remember putting it there)

The pan has disappeared, not to be found any where in the house, its big brother pan is exactly where I left it on Tue.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

One year on and still cant get a bill every two months, and as for the charges oh my lord.

bill.jpg

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

I am looking for a "new" car.

I only have a few really important demands.
    It needs to be petrol, and since i am rather tall, i need to be able to sit in the car and not wear it.

The money i want to spend basically means i am looking at an age range 2009-2011 when about 3 new cars per year were sold so i expected it wasn't going to be easy.

Now the annoyance....
    As far as i know, kilometers replaced miles in ireland since 2005 and new cars sold since have "kilometers"so why on earth still advertise cars with "mileage"
    I know, 80.000 mile looks better that 128.000 km but if you are going to cheat in the ad already i am nog going to honour you with a visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,027 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Fella on a whatsapp group put up a grotesque video of animals getting slaughtered last night. Now I'm not usually a snowflake, but by christ I couldn't get the imagery out of head all night.

What possesses people to share such stuff for the laugh?

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Count Down

inforfun wrote: »
    I am looking for a "new" car.

I only have a few really important demands.
    It needs to be petrol, and since i am rather tall, i need to be able to sit in the car and not wear it.

The money i want to spend basically means i am looking at an age range 2009-2011 when about 3 new cars per year were sold so i expected it wasn't going to be easy.

Now the annoyance....
    As far as i know, kilometers replaced miles in ireland since 2005 and new cars sold since have "kilometers"so why on earth still advertise cars with "mileage"
    I know, 80.000 mile looks better that 128.000 km but if you are going to cheat in the ad already i am nog going to honour you with a visit.

It's the same in shops where everything is priced in multiples of 99 or 95, e.g. €5.99 or €29.95 to make it look cheaper. An item is €49.99 which creates the illusion that it's less than €50, when in fact it's €50.
    Ever notice garages with their fuel prices? Always 135.9 or 148.9. Very annoying. :mad: The price always ends in .9 because they know that the customer will never round up the prices. Many years ago, around the time of Decimalisation, I mentally trained myself to round up prices, and I instinctively do so nowadays.
    They have to get up very early in the morning to catch me out, oh yes....:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

I know what you mean with the"99" but it isnt exactly the same for me.
    At least it is in the right valuta.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

The first two morning back to work, I hit snooze on my phone but the alarm wouldn't turn off. Yesterday morning, I had to turn the phone off completely to make it stop (although I'm sure I would have figured out a less drastic way if I was fully awake). This morning the alarm didn't go off at all, and probably because I didn't have to turn it off, I forgot to bring my phone to work. (That's probably a blessing in disguise, though...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Sirius Boner

One of the first questions anyone asks when buying a second hand car .....
    "what's it's mileage"
    If anyone asks "how many kilometres has it done" you'd get a quare look and be told get a calculator and work it out yourself ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Rte showing episodes of Dr Phil that were on before

• Registered Users Posts: 6,805 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Getting €12 change in 6 x €2 coins - it's all money I know but I have a kilo of small change in my pocket already.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

In Liffey Valley last night, can't get the specific type and brand of 2019 diary that I want but can get Valentine's cards in Easons and there are communion dresses in the window of Dunnes. I give up.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Libraries abolished fines.

I gave our local one €20 the last time I was in :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Getting €12 change in 6 x €2 coins - it's all money I know but I have a kilo of small change in my pocket already.
    Tesco self checkout are very bad for this sometimes. I'm owed a euro change. I'd like €1 coin please, not a load of 5c and 10c.

Although by coincidence I'm after getting rid of a lot of mine in Tesco a little while ago :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Libraries abolished fines.

I gave our local one €20 the last time I was in :(

When I was a kid I got treasure island from the local library. Massive book for a kid to be reading but I got through it after a few weeks.
    But they said I had to pay a fine when I brought it back.
    Jumped up little skit that I was- I argued that they could not expect a wee fella like my self to be reading such a massive book in just two weeks. And that it was their fault for lending me a tome like treasure island and not giving me enough time.
    They let me off and my pocket money was better spent that week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Although by coincidence I'm after getting rid of a lot of mine in Tesco a little while ago :D
    They're probably programmed to release small change when they get a lot of it. Save the staff having to empty it.

That feckin Dermot Bannon/Vodafone ad(s), every time I look at the TV it seems - I'll never buy a Vodafone product or service

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,369 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I picked a bottle of fizzy drink without looking at it too carefully, at first glance it looked ok. But I was wrong.

It was diet. Urgh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭radiata

In the Dunnes Stores new store on Newtown park avenue today. Mommy had 3 toddlers with her. Each had been given a pulley basket thingy to help Mommy with her shopping.
    It was heart warming to see Mommy train these toddlers how to shop while the rest of us queued up behind them as they made their way slowly around the store. During the shopping instruction Mommy would advise young Tarquin and Neesha in a loud voice about what they would be having for dinner that evening with Daddy.
    The rest of us were blessed to witness this and really didn't mind waiting......

The term Mommy

New Home wrote: »

It was diet. Urgh.

That's hardly trivial NH - Go hard or go home :D

(Same goes for low fat anything particularly milk)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,369 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Alright. Hope you're sitting down for this. It was also 20% extra free (i.e., a larger bottle).

Typi-feckin-cal! Empty promises distracted you

Xzactleee.

Downloading a sat nav update 28 GB, even with reasonable broadband takes a couple of hours. I wish they'd give the option for Ireland updates only instead of Europe as it's fairly unlikely the car will be abroad. (even if it was I could download them as required)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Asked at reception to borrow a hoover. The guy on the desk said someone was using it but he’d drop it up to me. So far he hasn’t, and I can’t start to put things away till he does

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭0cp71eyxkb94qf

Learning to drive in my gf car and despite the learner signs I still get c.nt taxi drivers beeping their horns and having very little patience. Can't wait for self driving cars to arrive so these idiots are out of business.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭heretothere

Jumped up little skit that I was- I argued that they could not expect a wee fella like my self to be reading such a massive book in just two weeks. And that it was their fault for lending me a tome like treasure island and not giving me enough time..

I'd say the librarian got some laugh out of that and told it for years!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I've been at a low ebb since early December, its a combination of things that cant be for now change, as a consequence I'm not myself according to ppl.

The annoying part of it is, even tho its known im at a low ebb, ppl are hanging around hoping what they consider my wit/comic take on things will return and cheer then up and just now complained to me about me not being any craic any more.

Most of the time I hate ppl, this is a big part of why.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭0cp71eyxkb94qf

Bredabe wrote: »
    I've been at a low ebb since early December, its a combination of things that cant be for now change, as a consequence I'm not myself according to ppl.

The annoying part of it is, even tho its known im at a low ebb, ppl are hanging around hoping what they consider my wit/comic take on things will return and cheer then up and just now complained to me about me not being any craic any more.

Most of the time I hate ppl, this is a big part of why.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

You need to use that comic/wit take on their own shortcomings and they won't be long leaving you alone trust me.

• Advertisement

Typing out a long reply to someone in an effort to help and not getting any acknowledgement of thanks. Huh.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement