Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,667 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Parked in a famous Ballsbridge hotel car park, under a tree. Only saw the sign this morning warning about bird "activity". The car was destroyed with bird sh1t. I have never seen so much of it. Like an avian Dunkirk

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Log on to rte website to check the news and the first 4 headlines are about the Golden Globes.

Does anyone actually care?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Cnut faces in this new office. So fake and nasty. Bullies.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Dancing with the "Stars".
    I don't live in Ireland, nor do I watch it but I can't avoid it.

Nicky Byrne with his head like an Iced Gem biscuit.
    Yer man Carter on it, he's not even the annoying Carter, how does he qualify? How do any of them qualify, I guess!

Dropped in an ocean of a job with no training. Do it yourself. The only way you'll learn is by doing it. Add to that a decent pinch of isolation and exclusion, up most of the night with IBS and feeling very on the edge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

northgirl wrote: »
    Dropped in an ocean of a job with no training. Do it yourself. The only way you'll learn is by doing it. Add to that a decent pinch of isolation and exclusion, up most of the night with IBS and feeling very on the edge.

Ah the old 'sink or swim' approach.

Been there, done that, worn the armbands.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

razorblunt wrote: »
    Dancing with the "Stars".
    I don't live in Ireland, nor do I watch it but I can't avoid it.

Nicky Byrne with his head like an Iced Gem biscuit.
    Yer man Carter on it, he's not even the annoying Carter, how does he qualify? How do any of them qualify, I guess!

Head like an Iced Gem biscuit, I love it
    :).

I somehow managed to not wash the school uniform over the Christmas holidays, it had got buried at the bottom of the dirty washing and only realised last night. Also managed to not realise we needed bread and milk yesterday.
    I couldn't get to sleep last night, head would not shut up. Woke at 3.30 then again at 5.15 with OH's alarm. The little one woke up and got in with me then when he left and we were both still awake at 7 and then crashed out. The torture of getting up then and she was seriously cranky :(

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Ah the old 'sink or swim' approach.

Been there, done that, worn the armbands.

Yeah, the 2 I sit next to left within 2 minutes of each other. Blatantly obvious.
    Not really making me feel like being here tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Count Down

northgirl wrote: »
    I had my usual toast with honey earlier and the honey was really sharp and I can't stop coughing and have a weird tickle in my throat. Very annoying :(
    Probably one of the bee's stings got left in. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,030 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Feeling slightly overwhelmed.

The GF suffers from depression, and as is common with the illness, goes through peaks and troughs, but thankfully the former are a lot more frequent than the latter. However, she is currently in a trough that has extended since before Christmas. And without sounding selfish, it's starting to take its toll on me too.

I literally mightn't hear from her all day, and I would be worrying about her in work. It's welcome relief when she does eventually text me, even if it is late at night. We had a good day Saturday when she was able to get up and go for a walk on the beach together, and we even got dinner out, and of course I assumed she was turning a corner. Spent the day yesterday at home with my own family. But then she rings me last night (I genuinely couldn't tell by her voice on the phone that she was upset and I usually can), and hangs up abruptly. Texts me saying that I am never willing to drop everything to spend time with her, even though I missed my brother's last day home before he went back abroad precisely because she was having a good day and I wanted to make the most of that.

Naturally enough, I panicked and rushed straight to her as she was at home alone (basically her father can't stay in when his daughter is unwell, but that's a different TA). She knows I love her, and acknowledges that it is tough on me, but as soon as I try to address that fact, she gets upset all over again, saying that I only think about myself etc....

I know its a symptom of her illness, but I am starting to feel stressed out by it all. I know too though, that there is light at the end of the tunnel. It just may take longer to emerge from said tunnel.

TL;DR Depression is an asshole.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

You're a very understanding and considerate boyfriend Castletownman. I hope your girlfriend is getting help and will start to see more bright days than dark days.

I appreciate my mother cleaning the house but the amount of bleach she uses. My lungs. They hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,562 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

lbc2019 wrote: »
    Spotify is tricking me into listening to and liking James Arthur

a) husband was grumpy all day yesterday because he was back to work today. Not my fault! Don't take it out on me!
    b) first day back in work after the holidays. Kill me.
    c) decided to listen to listen to an album to sooth my nerves but Spotify keeps playing 'similar artists' instead of the actual album I want to listen to. Cannot figure out how to make it just play the damn album.
    d) finally getting over the sickness I had all Christmas, come into work and I've already counted about 7 people who are sick in here. 4 of them are on my team and sit right by me so I'm rightly ****ed now.
    e) snarky boss being snarky at me
    f) extreme guilt over leaving my kitty at home alone today. She's been loving having us around over the past 2 weeks. She'll be so upset today. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Feeling slightly overwhelmed.

The GF suffers from depression, and as is common with the illness, goes through peaks and troughs, but thankfully the former are a lot more frequent than the latter. However, she is currently in a trough that has extended since before Christmas. And without sounding selfish, it's starting to take its toll on me too.

I literally mightn't hear from her all day, and I would be worrying about her in work. It's welcome relief when she does eventually text me, even if it is late at night. We had a good day Saturday when she was able to get up and go for a walk on the beach together, and we even got dinner out, and of course I assumed she was turning a corner. Spent the day yesterday at home with my own family. But then she rings me last night (I genuinely couldn't tell by her voice on the phone that she was upset and I usually can), and hangs up abruptly. Texts me saying that I am never willing to drop everything to spend time with her, even though I missed my brother's last day home before he went back abroad precisely because she was having a good day and I wanted to make the most of that.

Naturally enough, I panicked and rushed straight to her as she was at home alone (basically her father can't stay in when his daughter is unwell, but that's a different TA). She knows I love her, and acknowledges that it is tough on me, but as soon as I try to address that fact, she gets upset all over again, saying that I only think about myself etc....

I know its a symptom of her illness, but I am starting to feel stressed out by it all. I know too though, that there is light at the end of the tunnel. It just may take longer to emerge from said tunnel.

TL;DR Depression is an asshole.

I've been there, its so so hard as a partner.
    Don't lose yourself trying to make someone else whole.
    Of course its very important to be a loving and supportive partner but you need to protect yourself too. It can be so overwhelming and I remember the helpless feeling.
    Mind yourself as best you can!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

People that are full of sh!t and so obviously just make sh!t up. It's sad really and not in a I have sympathy for you kind of sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,159 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Every time i buy loose apples in dunnes i have to get the assistant to confirm the weight on the self service checkouts. Every single time. It is like they are deliberately trying to annoy me.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Every time i buy loose apples in dunnes i have to get the assistant to confirm the weight on the self service checkouts. Every single time. It is like they are deliberately trying to annoy me.

Always happens me when I get grapes.

TA I can't get a nice temperature, either too hot or too cold here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Saw a guy in the take away last night wearing a hoodie zipped up to the last, and shorts. Are you ****ing cold or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Last night I dreamt one of my closest friends dropped dead in front of me and I tried to revive them but couldn’t. I’m still not the better of it, couldn’t even eat this morning. The most realistic dream I’ve ever had. Totally bizarre.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Last night I dreamt one of my closest friends dropped dead in front of me and I tried to revive them but couldn’t. I’m still not the better of it, couldn’t even eat this morning. The most realistic dream I’ve ever had. Totally bizarre.

*hugs*

That's awful dream to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Spilled half my tea all over myself :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,806 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Looks like they zapped my favourite forum skin today-shower of b....

I hope the massive resources saved goes to good use

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Saw a guy in the take away last night wearing a hoodie zipped up to the last, and shorts. Are you ****ing cold or not?
    I have the same when I see shorts with boots or a roll neck jumper without sleeves. dont they cancel each other out?

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

The venus razors don't seem to come with the sticky holder that grabs the shower wall anymore. Very TA.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭its_steve116

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Spilled half my tea all over myself :mad:

Jeez, I hope you didn't burn yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Whoever ordered the cheapest of cheap toilet roll in work. I would've been as well taking a cheese grater to my arse.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I suppose that's a way of stopping people from stealing it to bring it home. Yes, some people do that. :rolleyes: :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Jeez, I hope you didn't burn yourself.

Luckily not!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,159 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Whoever ordered the cheapest of cheap toilet roll in work. I would've been as well taking a cheese grater to my arse.

it is even worse when it is very thin and you put your finger through it. Apparently.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Quadruple layer or go home.

God, that's why I pray that people would wash their hands thoroughly when using the facilities... but many don't. I completely understand where Monk and Sheldon come from. UUUGGGGHHH!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

The woman beside me on the train won’t stop sniffling

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement