Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

When you go to take out a water wipe and the piece to grab to separate it from all the other water wipes is just there and it's sweet and easy but when it's not you end up fluting about for a minute trying to get a hold of the wipe to separate it from the bunch but usually ends up with pulling out a big wad of wipes then separating the wipes and then wedging the leftover ones back in. So annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

lbc2019 wrote: »
    The woman beside me on the train won’t stop sniffling

It could be worse ..
    If she didn't sniff , you could be listening to drip ...drip... drip....
    :D

TA my feet are cold .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

My ex text me this:
    So looking forward to your 40th year?

Bitch! I’m turning 39! He’s 50 this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

The Golden Globes and the fawning all over each other acting like they’ve cured cancer all because they’ve mastered the ability to play make believe on screen and even worse is the pontificating to us at home as if any of us give a shimmering shlt about their opinion on anything. Get off the fcuking stage crowd of dopes

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Whoever ordered the cheapest of cheap toilet roll in work. I would've been as well taking a cheese grater to my arse.

Tight asses! literally!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,806 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Is there anything as annoying as thinking you just have to open a particular press or drawer for an item and discovering it's not there?

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

My ex text me this:

If you're turning 39 then you're in your 40th year. When I turned 29 my mother kept telling me I was in my 30th year, very annoying. I plan to get my revenge when she turns 59 in May :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Being tired. I wish I had a magic recharge button but sure who doesn't.

Succubus_ wrote: »
    My ex text me this:

If you're turning 39 then you're in your 40th year. When I turned 29 my mother kept telling me I was in my 30th year, very annoying. I plan to get my revenge when she turns 59 in May :D

I know that! He’s 50 in August so I turned it on him

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭smeal

I was a Good Samaritan earlier in Super Valu and told the person behind me to go ahead because they were only buying a loaf of bread and I had a good few groceries. They then proceeded to buy every lottery ticket and scratch card under the sun.. the shop assistant had to get up twice and go over to another till as she didn’t have the scratch cards at her own till because this particular person kept deciding she wanted more.

She also didn’t say thank you when I let her skip the queue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭its_steve116

smeal wrote: »
    I was a Good Samaritan earlier in Super Valu and told the person behind me to go ahead because they were only buying a loaf of bread and I had a good few groceries. They then proceeded to buy every lottery ticket and scratch card under the sun.. the shop assistant had to get up twice and go over to another till as she didn’t have the scratch cards at her own till because this particular person kept deciding she wanted more.

Sorry to hear that.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

Really annoying going through social media and seeing Philomena lynott gushing her son and how great he was.... pity she dumped him with her parents when he was a baby and thaught it would be better to return to Birmingham to run a brothel ! Only seemed to have time for her son when he hit the big time

That's really spooky, the very same thing happened to me today in Super Valu (Banagher) I even avoided the regular checkout cos there was a woman with a full trolley - she wheeled it out while I was still waiting.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

A Trivial That Things You Annoy is when you're hoping the phone will buzz with a text from a specific person, but when it does you realise it's only an ad from your phone provider. :( :mad: I iz Dizappoynt again.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

That's really spooky, the very same thing happened to me today in Super Valu (Banagher) I even avoided the regular checkout cos there was a woman with a full trolley - she wheeled it out while I was still waiting.

*Ominous spooky music plays*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Being roared at down the phone by my landlord because our washing machine is broken and I'm causing him stress. Threatening to throw me out . Cursing at me repeatedly and denying every count. I am too old for this now.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

*Ominous spooky music plays*

*Coughs*
    Stone broke- won €25 on a €1 scratchcard! (3rd card!)

Coincidence???

northgirl wrote: »
    Being roared at down the phone by my landlord because our washing machine is broken and I'm causing him stress. Threatening to throw me out . Cursing at me repeatedly and denying every count. I am too old for this now.

Why isn't your idiotic flatmate contacting him? :mad: S/he's the one who caused the washing machine to break, this time. :mad:

Is it just me? but with this new (to me) layout when I press the button to post, it kind of bounces/moves up or down on the screen and I have to press it a 2nd time.

Needless to say it's very annoying - I want my green back!

New Home wrote: »
    Why isn't your idiotic flatmate contacting him? :mad: S/he's the one who caused the washing machine to break, this time. :mad:

We had him on speaker. I said I'd do it cause I believe in making the call. It's broken twice in 3 weeks. Sort it out mate. She heard every word and was appalled. Waiting for a call now to be chucked out.

• Advertisement

Is it just me? but with this new (to me) layout when I press the button to post, it kind of bounces/moves up or down on the screen and I have to press it a 2nd time.

Needless to say it's very annoying - I want my green back!

This happens me too :o

Janey NG I feel for ya, you're having a terrible run of luck with accommodation

Janey NG I feel for ya, you're having a terrible run of luck with accommodation

Wondering is it me. My housemate was so shocked.

My folks are going to help me buy a place. I really can't do this anymore.

Getting caught in the crossfire on fb comments between two of my friends that used to go out - and it’s all in French!!!

northgirl wrote: »

Gob ****e of the highest order!!! threaten to call threshold, that shut the clown up fairly fast :mad:

Gob ****e of the highest order!!! threaten to call threshold, that shut the clown up fairly fast :mad:

It's not a lease. I need to look at the documents tomorrow cause I only have photos. I have a feeling I may not be protected by PRTB or have any truck with Threshold unfortunately.

It was awful, I have PTSD and he wouldn't let me speak on the phone so I just broke down after. A day without tears would be nice :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭ITDept

T2 in Dublin Airport was a shambles yesterday. Very busy weekend as could have been predicted by anyone, except Aer Lingus apparently. A handful of staff and lots of machines failing more times than succeeding.

Trying to get my elderly mother safely onto her flight and spent most of my time giving out to people attempting to jump the long queues. She got home in the end but we could have all done without the hassle. C'mon the lotto so I can get her a nice place over here!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,345 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

TA is all of this ringing I have in my ears courtesy of a head cold. Seriously I don't know how people who suffer from tinnitus do it. Two days in and I'm fit for a straight jacket.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

ITDept wrote: »
    T2 in Dublin Airport was a shambles yesterday. Very busy weekend as could have been predicted by anyone, except Aer Lingus apparently. A handful of staff and lots of machines failing more times than succeeding.

Trying to get my elderly mother safely onto her flight and spent most of my time giving out to people attempting to jump the long queues. She got home in the end but we could have all done without the hassle. C'mon the lotto so I can get her a nice place over here!

Had a similar experience this time last year. Aer Lingus, who over the last few years have taken a clear lead in the race to the bottom, at some stage decided to replace most of their check-in staff with machines. At a minimum, they generally don't work for transatlantic flights, you're directed to the desk each time. It was then up to 2-3 staff members to check in hundreds of people. Took almost 3 hours to get to the gate

• Advertisement

TA is all of this ringing I have in my ears courtesy of a head cold. Seriously I don't know how people who suffer from tinnitus do it. Two days in and I'm fit for a straight jacket.

Had it about 3 years. Not too bad at the moment but it sure is the pits. Hope it goes soon for you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement