Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,106 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Fathom wrote: »
    All this mushroom talk and pics Grandeeod. Must have some soon!

Get them into you! Love mushrooms. A fine meal I had. Happy out!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

had chicken and mushroom curry over noodles. delish!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,580 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Just had a cup of decaf tea, little malteaser bar and a handful of paprika crisps from the Polish shop.

Delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,842 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

A mug of coffee and fresh homemade scones , with all the butter :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,864 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

A crispy breast of chicken supper with a few stuffed mushrooms and a couple of fried eggs.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

A crispy breast of chicken supper with a few stuffed mushrooms and a couple of fried eggs.

It's probably me being weird but I have a thing with the chicken and eggs being on the same plate. I was offered a chicken and egg sandwich at a wedding once and it nearly made me sick the idea of it. One of those weird food things that doesn't make much sense.

I bought a bacon joint im roasting in the oven and it smells delicious although I don't really know what I'm doing. I covered it in mustard, honey, orange juice (had no apple juice but not sure why im adding either), garlic, thyme, walnuts (again..no idea why) and balsamic vinegar. This could go many ways! 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Porklife wrote: »
    It's probably me being weird but I have a thing with the chicken and eggs being on the same plate. I was offered a chicken and egg sandwich at a wedding once and it nearly made me sick the idea of it. One of those weird food things that doesn't make much sense.

I bought a bacon joint im roasting in the oven and it smells delicious although I don't really know what I'm doing. I covered it in mustard, honey, orange juice (had no apple juice but not sure why im adding either), garlic, thyme, walnuts (again..no idea why) and balsamic vinegar. This could go many ways! ��

It definitely sounds like a pregnancy craving! Hope it turns out tasty

It definitely sounds like a pregnancy craving! Hope it turns out tasty

Lord knows Surreptitious..smells good but took a look there and its not exactly appetizing visually!

Emm i may be ordering in :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,035 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Coffee cake

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Got 12 Guinness's for 15 quid today. gonna put them down and have some leftover curry and noodles.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,035 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Coffeeshop owner just gave me a bakery sample.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

I had steak, chips and beans.

Got an air fryer yesterday, just to feel something. Ate some chips. Don't see the big deal.

Thinking chili burger with cheese, onions, and jalapenos.

Got an air fryer yesterday, just to feel something. Ate some chips. Don't see the big deal.

Haha..just to feel something:p

My potatoes were lovely but the meat was predictably a disaster. The weird marinade aside, i don't understand how a small piece of meat cooked low and slow could be so hard and leathery. If anything the bizarre oj meat juice was the best part!

Picture im not proud of..

It doesn't look that bad. I would eat that no problrm

Haha..just to feel something:p

My potatoes were lovely but the meat was predictably a disaster. The weird marinade aside, i don't understand how a small piece of meat cooked low and slow could be so hard and leathery. If anything the bizarre oj meat juice was the best part!

Picture im not proud of..

What was low and slow Porklife?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭bassy

guys anything i can do with this or just throw it out,cheap wok i bought in aldi few yrs ago.

https://ibb.co/rdn7k3B

Grandeeod wrote: »
    What was low and slow Porklife?

Low was how bad it tasted and slow was me for pouring orange juice on my dinner :p

It was 140 fan oven for about an hour and 40 minutes

bassy wrote: »
    guys anything i can do with this or just throw it out,cheap wok i bought in aldi few yrs ago.

https://ibb.co/rdn7k3B

Fcuk it in the bin bassy. Ya gotta pay at least 50 quid for a Wok. Anything less and you have to treat it like a puppy on crack. Seriously. How are you? You've been missing.

• Advertisement

Low was how bad it tasted and slow was me for pouring orange juice on my dinner :p

It was 140 fan oven for about an hour and 40 minutes

Next time try 180 for 20 mins, 100 for another 20 mins and then switch the oven off and leave it in there for an hour. Melt in your mouth, Similar for beef. Low and slow starts high and reduces to very very low.

Fcuk it in the bin bassy. Ya gotta pay at least 50 quid for a Wok. Anything less and you have to treat it like a puppy on crack. Seriously. How are you? You've been missing.

bin it is G,ive been busy the last week ans helping a neighbour move hes house stuff as he set sailed for england on tues morning as he,s wife died in october and he,s family is all in uk.so understandable he has moved back home to the uk,we had a few drinks mon night and laugh memories and a last hooray i miss him so much.he was a elderley man.

I think the wok looks ok? Mine is in a worse state and I use it.

Depends really if there are bits going into the food.

I think the wok looks ok? Mine is in a worse state and I use it.

Depends really if there are bits going into the food.

bet you like the band called METALLICA :D

bassy wrote: »
    bet you like the band called METALLICA :D

I did years ago, don't listen to them much now. Rock on :pac:

Next time try 180 for 20 mins, 100 for another 20 mins and then switch the oven off and leave it in there for an hour. Melt in your mouth, Similar for beef. Low and slow starts high and reduces to very very low.

Cheers G..the packet actually said to rest for 40 minutes to an hour but i ignored that. I didnt realise how important that is.
    I think my style of cooking is always in a wok throwing in this, that and everything but as soon as I attempt a roast dinner or mashed potatoes it's a big mess. I need to go back to basics and actually follow recipes instead of just whacking everything in expecting the same results.
    That's why I love cooking though i guess..trial and error...and mini fires and freak outs :)

Very very lazy today. A bacon sandwich for the breakie. I really didn't feel like cooking, so I bailed into town and grabbed two pizzas for Mrs/Ms G with chips and dips. Also picked up a spicy beef dish and rice for myself. Gonna have that later. For now it's beers and football in my man cave. (temporarily converted home work space.:D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭AlejGuzman68

Ludlow Gin and Orange Juice.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Slice of pineapple upside down cake with a mug of tae.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭External Association

A vegetable smootie. Spinach, carrot, peas, beetroot, scallions, tomato, peppers.

Advertisement