Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,106 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Mash - Easy.

Beef- Easy.

Mystery covered the mash comprehensively and even roasties. For mash I use roosters. Defo cut into small equal pieces and rinse the feck out of them. My advice is to stay with them when boiling and frequently prod them with a sharp knife. Once the knife goes easily through them, off the hob and drain. I then use the sharp knife to chop them in the pot. Butter and milk and mash the feck out of them until its all fluffy.

Beef really depends on the cut and how you like it cooked. I use eye of the round. No matter what way you want it, the most important thing is that its not chewy. It is always a combo of in at high heat and finished at a very low heat. I've done pieces at 200 for 40 mins and then another 3 hours at 50 and a switched off oven. Well done but melt in your mouth. For a pinker look, its just reduced timings, but nice and tender. A lot of craft butchers will sell you a piece of beef in a cook bag with instructions for exactly what you want.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,035 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Latte

Fathom wrote: »
    Latte

Is it sunny??

• Registered Users Posts: 37,923 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

https://www.dublinlive.ie/whats-on/food-drink-news/rathmines-food-ireland-sandwiches-price-20228011

Anyone threat themselves to one of these ? **** me idiots and there money

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

PTH2009 wrote: »
    https://www.dublinlive.ie/whats-on/food-drink-news/rathmines-food-ireland-sandwiches-price-20228011

It's actually really insulting reading that article "it's not for your average diner...its for true food lovers"
    So anyone not willing to dish out 90 euro on a sandwich isn't a true food connoisseur all of a sudden? Would you jog on ya bunch of clowns!

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »

Yeah I had two of them couriered to my house so me and the wife that work from home for the Dept. of Finance could enjoy a less common lunch from our local, but absolutely awful Deli. Great value at €290 including delivery. We so enjoyed them. Just thought we would treat ourselves because we have saved soo soo soo much money during this great lock down thing. I mean we missed last years trip to the south of France and our usual wine tasting trip. Not to mention the weekend away at Lake Garda in Italy. Thankfully this food reminded us of our planned trip to Japan once all this lock down thing passes and we can spend all the money we have accidently saved.

Fake jaffa cakes and a glass of milk.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,035 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Is it sunny??
    Me? I'm sunny. Sky? Nope. Clouds. Threatening liquid sunshine. :cool: Cheers Grandeeod! Now sipping a dark, rich java brew.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭beerguts

Bacon cabbage and potatoes. Have to say it was a lovely Salted joint of bacon, the nicest I had in years. I got it from a friend in tipperary a few months back and it was in my freezer ever since. Must talk to him of where he got it and try and get a half a pig for the freezer

beerguts wrote: »
    Bacon cabbage and potatoes. Have to say it was a lovely Salted joint of bacon, the nicest I had in years. I got it from a friend in tipperary a few months back and it was in my freezer ever since. Must talk to him of where he got it and try and get a half a pig for the freezer

Tipp bacon is the best. Roscrea stuff is godliness. It's my go to piece. I buy up this way from a butcher from Cloughjordan and he never lets me down

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Boxty.

Fried in a pan with a bit of butter and then a bit of butter on top.

Amazing.

• Advertisement

Boxty.

Fried in a pan with a bit of butter and then a bit of butter on top.

Amazing.

I was only reading a boxty recipe today. I've never tried it but it sounds delicious.
    Would you mind sharing how you made it?

Porklife wrote: »
    I was only reading a boxty recipe today. I've never tried it but it sounds delicious.
    Would you mind sharing how you made it?

I've never actually made it because it's just too much hassle but the best boxty to get in the shop is the Shannonside Savouries if you can get that where you are in shops, I'm in the whest :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭AlejGuzman68

Yeah I had two of them couriered to my house so me and the wife that work from home for the Dept. of Finance could enjoy a less common lunch from our local, but absolutely awful Deli. Great value at €290 including delivery. We so enjoyed them. Just thought we would treat ourselves because we have saved soo soo soo much money during this great lock down thing. I mean we missed last years trip to the south of France and our usual wine tasting trip. Not to mention the weekend away at Lake Garda in Italy. Thankfully this food reminded us of our planned trip to Japan once all this lock down thing passes and we can spend all the money we have accidently saved.

Fake jaffa cakes and a glass of milk.

Waygu beef today isn't the standard it held years ago. They were grass fed and massaged daily to cut out a lot of the fat marbling. Now you don't have that due to costs and they are now grain fed. So now people pay past prices for reduced quality Waygu,it's just the name now they pay for.

I've never actually made it because it's just too much hassle but the best boxty to get in the shop is the Shannonside Savouries if you can get that where you are in shops, I'm in the whest :D

If it wasn't for the 5km rule I'd head to the whest to try one :)

If it wasn't for the 5km rule I'd head to the whest to try one :)

Keep an eye out for them in any event :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,151 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

A mish mash of things.

Mostly from supermarket, but the couscous is with fajita spice and fresh orange, dry fried pumpkin seeds. Mmm.

LwrFzlh.jpg

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    A mish mash of things.

Mostly from supermarket, but the couscous is with fajita spice and fresh orange, dry fried pumpkin seeds. Mmm.

LwrFzlh.jpg

I assume that's dill on your onions :p
    Couscous and orange go so well together..looks yummy:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

Waygu beef today isn't the standard it held years ago. They were grass fed and massaged daily to cut out a lot of the fat marbling. Now you don't have that due to costs and they are now grain fed. So now people pay past prices for reduced quality Waygu,it's just the name now they pay for.

couple of months ago Supervalu had fresh Wagyu beef bugers 2 pack for just €4.99 :confused:

the other Gourmet beef ones are only €3.99, so not sure if the Wagyu ones were even the real deal. I should have read the label to see where the meat came from..

Tall, dark, rich, tasty ... coffee.

I assume that's dill on your onions :p

It sure was Porklife :D

Chicken sausages were on offer in Dunnes, so that's what I will be having!

• Advertisement

Chicken sausages were on offer in Dunnes, so that's what I will be having!
    Market here has chicken sausages made with jalapeno and cheese fillings. Needs a cold beer chaser with each bite. Yum.

Fathom wrote: »
    Market here has chicken sausages made with jalapeno and cheese fillings. Needs a cold beer chaser with each bite. Yum.

Oh, I would like those!
    These ones are mozzarella, SDT & basil.

A fooking crap day due to Brexit and Covid, so yes I'm breaking the rule of having a beer on a normal Tuesday night. It's usually only Christmas and holidays that it happens.:)

I bought a rack of BBQ Ribs today. My wooden board is at the ready. The hunger will be on me soon enough. That said I'm planning this meal in the very near future. A really great one from the Baltic states. Karbonade. Pan fried Pork after a coating of egg and flour. Pickled cabbage. Spuds and a creamy sauce, sometimes with mushrooms. On my last visit out that way, it cost a mere 7 quid in a restaurant. It's worth a look.

KARBONADE.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I had a clean curry earlier. Brown rice with veg and a spicy curry only 360 cals. I bought it though.
    It was nice but I fancy a sambo now

Oh, I would like those!
    These ones are mozzarella, SDT & basil.

Are they with the other sausages? They sound yummy

Are they with the other sausages? They sound yummy

They were in my store.

Loughnane's brand. They have a Blas na hEireann gold award logo on them.

Usually €3.50, but reduced to €3.00 today.

hLzpgpY.jpg

Clean Curries and Chicken Sausages. Like it! But what does a Chicken Sausage taste like and what does it partner up with???

Clean Curries and Chicken Sausages. Like it! But what does a Chicken Sausage taste like and what does it partner up with???

They taste like chicken. I eat them alone with hot sauce. You could make a brunch and add other items. You could add turkey rashers, grilled tomatoes etc like a normal sausage

They taste like chicken. I eat them alone with hot sauce. You could make a brunch and add other items. You could add turkey rashers, grilled tomatoes etc like a normal sausage

Yeah, but like really juicy chicken.
    Grandeeod: They tend to cook faster too, so be careful.

• Advertisement

Yeah, but like really juicy chicken.
    They tend to cook faster too, so be careful.

Yeah I noticed that. They burst after a while. I put them in the oven for 9 mins

Advertisement