Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭AlejGuzman68

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Slice of pineapple upside down cake with a mug of tae.

I haven't had upside down pineapple cake since I was child. My mother made one of the best ones. Always best when it's still warm from the oven.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I haven't had upside down pineapple cake since I was child. My mother made one of the best ones. Always best when it's still warm from the oven.

First time making it here & it turned out ok.

Nearly time for seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

That cake sounds lovely. It's very popular in America. They always seem to be making it on the cooking groups.

I made a huge spice bag thingy with red onions and peppers added. Too spicy, my tummy is giving out.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,237 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Curry chips :)

Slides plate over for a slice of cake Ted ;):D

Thinking back to my mother's recipes, have any of you had Mashed Potato Candy?

• Advertisement

Thinking back to my mother's recipes, have any of you had Mashed Potato Candy?

Never. Sounds a bit of a contradiction in terms.

Having a mug of barry's now to relax myself. I bought Easter Eggs but gifting most of them, just kept two small ones for myself.

I did spy an ad for Lidl and they are selling some lovely Deluxe eggs. I might pick up for myself. In case anyone likes chocolate.

Never. Sounds a bit of a contradiction in terms.

Having a mug of barry's now to relax myself. I bought Easter Eggs but gifting most of them, just kept two small ones for myself.

I can still taste it.Mashed Potato sprinkled with caster sugar and rolled into a log with hazelnut spread.

Was it nice?

Was it nice?

It is wonderful, a starchy sweetness treat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

chicken with potatoes,carrots,french beans and gravey,done the whole 1.3kg in 30 mins in the airfryer at 180 degrees,the rest were steam cooked.

https://ibb.co/jTjnnpQ

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

bassy wrote: »
    chicken with potatoes,carrots,french beans and gravey,done the whole 1.3kg in 30 mins in the airfryer at 180 degrees,the rest were steam cooked.

https://ibb.co/jTjnnpQ

Something similar here. I bought a few part boned chicken breasts and roasted them. Served them up with mash, stuffing, mixed veg and gravy. Mine is plated for brunch tomorrow. I fancy BBQ Ribs tonight.:D

I had two tomato and cheese baguettes. They are pretty tasty

Lads the Lidl white pudding Deluxe range is only a euro! You have to try it

I also picked up about fit foods curry. Thai Red with brown rice.

Lads the Lidl white pudding Deluxe range is only a euro! You have to try it

I also picked up about fit foods curry. Thai Red with brown rice.

im a black pudding guy :D i get the black one in aldi lol for less than a euro and it is nicer than the so called branded dennys,countrystyle etc

im a black pudding guy :D i get the black one in aldi lol for less than a euro and it is nicer than the so called branded dennys,countrystyle etc

Fair enough. I prefer white but I'd eat both.

Gotta agree with you there bassy. 55 odd cent and very tasty. My freezer is stuffed with Aldi fry up ingredients. Rashers, jumbo sausages and B+W pudding. 15 quid and keeps me going for weeks.

You can't win em all :(

naaa na na naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :D

For a euro I'll try it S.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Good tip Surreptitious..love pudding and will pick some up tomorrow.

I'm having delicious pasta. I picked up nudja and it's a game changer, it's taken my sauce to a new level. Its black olives, nujda, spinach, mushrooms, tons of garlic and chilli. Next time I'd add cream or creme fresh to lighten the intensity but a dish i reckon will be unreal once i perfect it. Pine nuts would go well too.

A rack of BBQ Ribs courtesy of Rib World in Tipp and a ferrero Rocher cheese cake from Wexford.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

Had the works yesterday and leftovers today..

Turkey, Ham, mash, carrots, cabbage, sprouts, swede and of course gravy.

Tiramisu afterwards.

cup of tea and some cheese puffs now :)

That pasta looks lovely. I had to look up what it was. Sounds interesting. The white pudding is quite a thick one, the others brands in the shop are thinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

That pasta looks lovely. I had to look up what it was. Sounds interesting. The white pudding is quite a thick one, the others brands in the shop are thinner.

What do you do with the pudding? An ex of mine used to make black pudding in a pan with garlic, cabbage and cream. Sounds a bit gross but it was delicious. White pudding i wouldn't buy as often as black.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,819 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Wanna +1 on Diggers frozen chicken range, specifically their Chicken Balls and Shredded Chicken range. The EXACT same as you'd get from most chinese takeways. Couple it with some basmati rice and Amoy Stir Fry sauces and you have home made chinese that tastes the same as if you got a takeaway.

Also, Chef finally have their curry sauce in squeezy bottles! Yurt!

Porklife wrote: »
    What do you do with the pudding? An ex of mine used to make black pudding in a pan with garlic, cabbage and cream. Sounds a bit gross but it was delicious. White pudding i wouldn't buy as often as black.

I just cut it in slices and bang it in the oven till it browns and gets crispy. Then I would throw either hot sauce or ketchup on it. Basic really. But filling for brunch. I don't really eat full breakfasts anymore unless staying somewhere (remember that?)
    I do like black pudding too though, it is richer tasting. White is more spicy.

german pilsnser Rheinbacher 4.9% aldi,s finest :D

german pilsnser Rheinbacher 4.9% aldi,s finest :D

A bit late despite the school holidays!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

It's very nice.
    I've also learned from this or some other thread that I've been overcooking black pudding for years!
    It's already cooked, so fry gently for just a minute each side to crisp it.

I like black pudding with chickpeas and spinach.
    It goes well with any type of pulse.

Advertisement