Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Looking forward to a chicken fillet wrap from Costcutter in Dorset Street with a banana and a milky coffee before starting work, I'm hungry and grumpy right now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Schwartz powder. Transforms them.
    the chip powder contains paprika and other stuff. Similar to the one in empty your pockets (eddie rockets). Which reminds me, I'm planning my fave meal from there shortly. A chicken fillet burger, bacon and cheese fries and a strawberry shake at home.:mad:

What does the powder say on the tin Grandeeod?? I had a little look online and I'm not sure what I'm looking for.

that eddies at home idea has me willing to give the company one more chance :p

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Looking forward to a chicken fillet wrap from Costcutter in Dorset Street with a banana and a milky coffee before starting work, I'm hungry and grumpy right now :D

That deli does a good sandwich!

What does the powder say on the tin Grandeeod?? I had a little look online and I'm not sure what I'm looking for.

that eddies at home idea has me willing to give the company one more chance :p

nevermind, found it in Dunnes. 'Chip seasoning' on the jar ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,085 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

nevermind, found it in Dunnes. 'Chip seasoning' on the jar ;)

This one.

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/product/details/?id=281733365

• Advertisement

A Stig on Wheels.:D

IMG-20210330-170450.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,836 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Homemade chicken curry with boiled rice, chips and Snaktastic prawn crackers. An epic meal after a good day's work outside in the sunshine.

I remember paying £3 for prawn crackers decades ago and thinking they were an incredible indulgence, that whole meal this evening didn't cost 3 euro and the quality was off the scale.

Everything looks, tastes and is more appreciated when the sun is shining.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

leftover chicken curry with rice, spring rolls (Dunnes) & salad mix

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,017 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Gett'n my java fix.

A steak sandwich with striploin, fried onion, pepper sauce and rocket, on a Ciabatta bread with fried potato cubes and herb dressing, Thinking about a glass of bainne and desert.:D

IMG-20210330-221342.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Lasagne and coleslaw :)

The glass of bainne washed down a Mr. Kipling blackcurrant and apple pie.:D Very nice. Away to the leaba to watch a movie with Mrs G, who is probably asleep already.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I'm trying to work out what to cook for Easter. They don't have half leg of lamb in Tesco.

I'm trying to work out what to cook for Easter. They don't have half leg of lamb in Tesco.

Dunnes sell a small logans farm basted turkey breast. Only a tenner. I'm buying the bigger one for easter sunday.

Dunnes sell a small logans farm basted turkey breast. Only a tenner. I'm buying the bigger one for easter sunday.

Is that for all of you? I'll see what I will do. Thanks for the tip :)

Is that for all of you? I'll see what I will do. Thanks for the tip :)

The bigger one is around 12 euro. That will feed three of us and left overs for sandwiches.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭ablelocks

my 15 yearold son is making dinner for the first time. Chicken Pasta bake.

so far so good, but he just said he finds the process a bit overwhelming. God help him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭ablelocks

buy a full leg, butterfly it, half it, freeze half for another day and cook half for Easter?

if there's one near you the James Whelan butchers in Dunnes have a small, well marinated, butterflied leg of lamb, but it's a bit expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Ye have reminded me that I need to buy some lamb but tonight’s dinner I’m having pizza, no time to cook as enjoying this beautiful weather :)

ablelocks wrote: »
    buy a full leg, butterfly it, half it, freeze half for another day and cook half for Easter?

if there's one near you the James Whelan butchers in Dunnes have a small, well marinated, butterflied leg of lamb, but it's a bit expensive

My freezer is full. I have a small fridge. I'm trying to keep the weight down so might just get a chicken or something. I do usually cook lamb but it's only for one person so it might be wasted. Thanks though

• Advertisement

ablelocks wrote: »
    my 15 yearold son is making dinner for the first time. Chicken Pasta bake.

so far so good, but he just said he finds the process a bit overwhelming. God help him.

Fair play to him, once he get's over the initial stress of it all and has time to think through what he did it'll be way easier the next time.

Like everything else in life it's only a matter of facing the challenge and then once the confidence increases there'll be no stopping him. Our fella is 16 and he couldn't make toast not so long ago but he's like Gordon Ramsey now with his seasoned steaks done in butter and then rested before serving himself with all the fancy presentation on the plate.

Great interest for them to have before they have to go out to fend for themselves in the big bad world.

The gratin potatoes are in the oven here and the aroma is unreal.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Aw Jaysus that was unreal, a medium rare sirloin steak with garlic butter, gratin potatoes, peas and mushrooms.

A medium Rolo Easter egg out of the freezer now for dessert and all is good in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Beef and broccoli stir fry followed by some nice Guinness.

I ended up ordering the half leg of lamb. Fck it, I will starve myself before the weekend then have a nice meal. I should get 3 days out of it.
    I won't add a rub to the meat and I'll roast the veggies in rapeseed oil, be grand!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,017 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Beef and broccoli stir fry followed by some nice Guinness.
    Yum :pac:

The cat nibbled at my dinner and then really got stuck into it. A hairy messy piece of crap left over. It started out nice though.:D It was on the counter cooling down when she got at it behind my back. She's well fed, but just a bitch cat at the end of the day. So I'm opening a beer now. Just the one to stop me killing the cat.:D

The dinner was par boned chicken breast, stuffing, mixed veg, chips and gravy. I was looking forward to it in fairness.:rolleyes:

I would be demented! Make a sandwich for yourself.

I would be demented! Make a sandwich for yourself.

I did. Thankfully I had got lovely chicken and bacon/stuffing sandwich mixes in Aldi. Worth checking out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

I'm making a chicken and sweet potato massaman curry from scratch. I'm actually really excited about making it and have music on and everything measured out like it's some big event.
    I might even brush my hair and put some lipstick on!
    When the most exciting thing going on in your life is grinding up cardamon seeds, you know youve had enough of Covid!!

• Advertisement

The better half got a notion to make sesame prawn toast after watching Gok Wan doing it recently, it was the nicest food I've ever eaten bar none.

We had it with baby roast potatoes and a tray of oven cooked SuperValu chicken pieces that have been in the freezer for months. Whatever way SuperValu manage to chop up their chicken there is no meat left on the thighs and drumsticks they sell in the tray at 2 for 10 euro, they cover it in marinade and it looks lovely but avoid it unless you like fat and bone.

Anyway back to the sesame prawn toast, there was a lot of prep went into it but I would highly recommend anyone who likes it out of the Chinese to have a go at making it and experience how it is supposed to taste, it's out of this world.

Smirnoff and cranberry juice now with crushed ice.

Advertisement