Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

Grandeeod wrote: »
    A bit late despite the school holidays!

no kids here,my fella is 22 and living/working in luimneach if i spelt that correctly lol

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    It's very nice.
    I've also learned from this or some other thread that I've been overcooking black pudding for years!
    It's already cooked, so fry gently for just a minute each side to crisp it.

I like black pudding with chickpeas and spinach.
    It goes well with any type of pulse.

thank you igcorcaigh :) you and G only ones to back me up on the black pudding in aldi :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

bassy wrote: »
    thank you igcorcaigh :) you and G only ones to back me up on the black pudding in aldi :D

Bassy, didn't someone mention in the Pudding thread about how the Aldi one is a different Irish brand that Aldi have outsourced?
    Can't remember the name of the brand, but seems to be well respected.

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Bassy, didn't someone mention in the Pudding thread about how the Aldi one is a different Irish brand that Aldi have outsourced?
    Can't remember the name of the brand, but seems to be well respected.

did,nt see that igcorcaigh.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

did,nt see that igcorcaigh.
    Go to Aldi for Ballyvourney pudding...it’s the same stuff at a lower price.

Had to search for it on Google!

https://www.independent.ie/regionals/corkman/lifestyle/aldi-seal-of-approval-for-ballyvourney-pudding-38534918.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

A little snack now of chilly crisps and chocolate just to finish off the night

• Registered Users Posts: 12,085 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

As mentioned earlier. The BBQ Ribs. Dessert was a Ferrero Rocher cheese cake.

ribs.jpg

cheese-cake.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭ArtyC

Porklife where did you pick up the njuda?

We got some in dunnes a few weeks ago , we found it flavourless - thought maybe we got unlucky with it as im years hearing people rave about it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

not long back from the shops and I got Icebergers. So of course i'm now having one for breakfast :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

Me too I had a Magnum as on offer 6icecreams for 5e, you know its spring/summer when instead of porridge for breakfast its the occasional icecream, enjoy your berger!

• Advertisement

Lunch,:D Actually my dinner from yesterday, but I opted for Ribs. No waste in this house. Poured some gravy on too.

20210329-124629.jpg

I had the last of the potato, cabbage and ham from Saturday. Mixed it all up & fried it off, and had a fried egg on top. latte too. Delish :)

Kiddo's had the potato mix too, with white pudding and smoothie

For anyone interested I spotted trays of Rockshore for only 24 euro in Dunnes today. I was in to buy some Ciabatta for tonights steak sandwich.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

ArtyC wrote: »
    Porklife where did you pick up the njuda?

We got some in dunnes a few weeks ago , we found it flavourless - thought maybe we got unlucky with it as im years hearing people rave about it

I got it in a delicatessen called Listons on Camden Street. I'd say Fallon & Byrne would also sell it. Sounds like the Dunnes one just isnt great cos any ive had pack a punch..its really flavoursome. Hope you find a good one:)

Toss up between rissotto and pizza for dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,836 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Homemade burger with red onion, crushed garlic and spices in the mix, bacon and cheese on top, all inside a warm seeded brioche bun with chips, beans and a couple of our own eggs on the side. This went down especially well after a couple of hours sea fishing this afternoon, a cold can of Molson to aid digestion.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Bacon and cabbage :)

Rows that looks delicious :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,017 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Chicken salad. From deli. Lazy me.

Thought I had fecked up the dinner but it turned out delicious. total fluke.

Had chicken curry and rice & with the Aldi skin on Fries.

oh my god those fries are unreal!!

I'm not a huge fan of fries I only like a couple on the side, kiddo's too aren't really into them, but the Aldi ones are in another league :pac:

Thought I had fecked up the dinner but it turned out delicious. total fluke.

Had chicken curry and rice & with the Aldi skin on Fries.

oh my god those fries are unreal!!

I'm not a huge fan of fries I only like a couple on the side, kiddo's too aren't really into them, but the Aldi ones are in another league :pac:

If you are talking about the beef dripping skin on fries, yes!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,017 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Now sipping a dark, rich brew. Coffee fix.

• Advertisement

If you are talking about the beef dripping skin on fries, yes!

They dont say anything about beef dripping so I think these are different.

They are in a yellow bag, say 'skin on fries lightly seasoned'. Think that's why they are so good, because they have something on them

They are in a yellow bag, say 'skin on fries lightly seasoned'. Think that's why they are so good, because they have something on them

Overall, Aldi fries have got so much better. I still buy SV fries and season with a Schwartz powder. Transforms them.

Overall, Aldi fries have got so much better. I still buy SV fries and season with a Schwartz powder. Transforms them.

you ever sprinkle paprika on them?.

you ever sprinkle paprika on them?.

I have bassy. But the chip powder contains paprika and other stuff. Similar to the one in empty your pockets (eddie rockets). Which reminds me, I'm planning my fave meal from there shortly. A chicken fillet burger, bacon and cheese fries and a strawberry shake at home.:mad:

I have boycotted that brand because of the ONE time I got savoury mince mix and nearly died with the taste of it :D

awful weird tasting stuff :o

The beef dripping ones are Lidl not Aldi..i know cos i bought them last week :)

I had lovely fries today from Devitts on Camden Street. They had a little hatch selling cocktails and chips and to top it off, the barman let me go under the hatch to use the bathroom!

Porklife wrote: »

cool thanks, I very rarely shop in Aldi or Lidl but I'll stop off and grab a bag to compare both.

The Aldi ones were great so at least I have them to fall back on if the Lidl ones are not to my liking :)

Porklife wrote: »

I had lovely fries today from Devitts on Camden Street. They had a little hatch selling cocktails and chips and to top it off, the barman let me go under the hatch to use the bathroom!

Aldi do the beef dripping skin on fries. I have bags on them in the freezer. I don't shop in Lidl.;)

Aldi do the beef dripping skin on fries. I have bags on them in the freezer. I don't shop in Lidl.;)

Haha let's just buy all the beef dripping fries we can find in every supermarket and go nuts!

• Advertisement

yes 2nd that aldi do sell the beef dripping chips.

Advertisement