Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭Archeron

I had a clean curry earlier. Brown rice with veg and a spicy curry only 360 cals. I bought it though.
    It was nice but I fancy a sambo now

Never too late in the day for a breakfast roll :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Archeron wrote: »
    Never too late in the day for a breakfast roll :D

I'm having duck spring rolls. I haven't eaten a breakfast roll in over 10 years

• Registered Users Posts: 12,107 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

The Wooden slab has delivered. Ribs, fries, coleslaw and potato salad. It went down a treat for a Tuesday. So did the unexpected two beers!

IMG-20210323-221718.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Grandeeod wrote: »
    The Wooden slab has delivered. Ribs, fries, coleslaw and potato salad. It went down a treat for a Tuesday. So did the unexpected two beers!

IMG-20210323-221718.jpg

Oh wowza.. what a treat for a rainy Tuesday night!

I had pasta so boring it didn't warrant a picture but now i want ribs and fries! Maybe tomorrow i can make it happen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Pancetta, spinach and mushroom risotto with garlic thyme and parmesan.
    Delicious!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Porklife wrote: »
    Pancetta, spinach and mushroom risotto with garlic thyme and parmesan.
    Delicious!

Oh God !

Yum

What did you say your Eircode was ? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Fajitas, spicey rice and an italian salad with a few cans of the black stuff :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Sausages, mash, peas and gravy with red wine.

Spent the afternoon hanging new curtains, savage accumulation of brownie points and self satisfaction has occurred.

Looking forward to the football and more red wine.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

C'mon Ireland!!!!!

Sausages, mash, peas and gravy with red wine.

Spent the afternoon hanging new curtains, savage accumulation of brownie points and self satisfaction has occurred.

Looking forward to the football and more red wine.

I had a savage cheese burger earlier with chunky chips. It was on a lovely seeded brioche bun from Aldi. I finished off the coleslaw with it. I didn't make the burger this time. It was an angus 6oz job from Tesco. Two in a pack. I'll tell you, they'd make me reconsider making my own. Fab burger. three quid for two. Mrs G went week at the knees eating it.:D

Having a beer now and not looking forward to the football, but have to watch it as its in my blood.

• Advertisement

C'mon Ireland!!!!!

You're finishing my sentences.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

I had a savage cheese burger earlier with chunky chips. It was on a lovely seeded brioche bun from Aldi. I finished off the coleslaw with it. I didn't make the burger this time. It was an angus 6oz job from Tesco. Two in a pack. I'll tell you, they'd make me reconsider making my own. Fab burger. three quid for two. Mrs G went week at the knees eating it.:D

Having a beer now and not looking forward to the football, but have to watch it as its in my blood.

I got them before. If you can, try the black pudding ones. V tasty

I got them before. If you can, try the black pudding ones. V tasty

Tell me more about these black pudding ones.

Tell me more about these black pudding ones.

They are the Angus ones you got, the same type of burger but mixed with black pudding. 3 or 4 euro for two. I had brioche buns, I melted the cheese on the burger and added pickles and tomato plus sauce to top
    it. Drooltastic!!

They are the Angus ones you got, the same type of burger but mixed with black pudding. 3 or 4 euro for two. I had brioche buns, I melted the cheese on the burger and added pickles and tomato plus sauce to top
    it. Drooltastic!!

Oh gonna try them S. A sneaky trip into Tesco is on.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

it. Drooltastic!!

What is the best type of sliced cheese for a burger...
    I don't like slicing a block of cheddar, because I don't get the nice perfect square.

Any suggestions?
    Maybe the round slices of smoked cheese?

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    I don't like slicing a block of cheddar, because I don't get the nice perfect square.

Any suggestions?

Pre packed sliced cheddar in any supermarket.

igCorcaigh wrote: »

Any suggestions?

My favourite is Charleville red cheddar sliced, 2 or 3 euro in Dunnes and Tesco. Really good cheese. Or Edam from Lidl.

Just had an exploded wrap with cheese, cherry tomatoes and red peppers.

Oh gonna try them S. A sneaky trip into Tesco is on.

They aren't available all year round. Check the online site first to avoid a wasted trip

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,035 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Chili and beans with jalapenos and cheese toppings.

• Advertisement

A post football beer. I may need a food snack soon. Wispa, Twirl or a selection of other stuff from Aldi. I'm half way through an Aldi version of fruit and nut.:D

Rib eye steak with chips, peppercorn sauce, mushrooms stuffed with garlic and cream cheese and deluxe coleslaw. There was a taste of more off the whole lot.

Two hot cross buns for dessert.

(Elton John singing away in the background, he's 74 today which is somewhat of a miracle that should give us all hope.)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,035 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

peppercorn sauce, mushrooms stuffed with garlic and cream cheese
    Reads tasty Rows Grower. :)

Fathom wrote: »
    Reads tasty Rows Grower. :)

My words or picture don't do it justice, it was sublime.

Those rib eye's never fail to amaze me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭ablelocks

stir fried chicken with a load of veg in a honey/soy sauce (passage east brand - expensive sauces but worth it) and thread fine noodles.

My words or picture don't do it justice, it was sublime.
    Yes. Now I am hungry.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

My first attempt with slow cooker last night.
    Made an Irish stew, that took close to 10hours but worth the wait today..
    Ive some portions in the fridge to keep me over the weekend.
    Stock, carrot, leek, parsnip, lamb and full baby potato. Seasoned and heated on the stovetop..

IrishLad90 wrote: »
    My first attempt with slow cooker last night. Made an Irish stew, that took close to 10hours but worth the wait today.. Ive some portions in the fridge to keep me over the weekend. Stock, carrot, leek, parsnip, lamb and full baby potato. Seasoned and heated on the stovetop..
    Placed on "home" menu.

Another Steak post. A fillet on a bed of mash with mushrooms and onions in a homemade pepper sauce.

IMG-20210325-195739.jpg

• Advertisement

All this mushroom talk and pics Grandeeod. Must have some soon!

Advertisement