Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,121 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    I love lamb shank, but only had it in restaurants.

My oven is shoddy, can it be cooked on the hob/stove top?

I know there are vacuum packed shanks that can be done in the microwave. I've seen various brands. But the oven is the best by far. My local butcher sells them already marinaded and with an extra bag of gravy to use during cooking. Tonights shank took just under two hours in the oven on a low to medium heat. It was fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,919 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Had a one egg omelette sandwich in between two slices of brown bread, chestnut mushroom, baby tomato and cheese were also involved. Great job, no need for knife and fork.

Tassimo coffee now, will get out of bed soon and face the garden.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭joficeduns1

Took some liberties with the national dish this morning. Breakfast roll with Denny's veg sausage, Rudd's Veg black pudding, scrambled egg with melted easy single, avocado, red onion, ketchup/Cholula sauce. Happy Paddy's Day. Out for a walk to justify cans later.

Bacon and sausage sandwiches.

IMG-20210317-102541.jpg

IMG-20210317-105212.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Fish n chips n peas n dips :)

• Advertisement

Kit kat

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

You'd need an oven. Can you get your oven fixed?

Lazy landlord :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭trashcan

Made an enormous fish pie, with loads of veg (leeks, carrots, cauliflower, broccoli and peas. Fish was haddock, salmon, smoked haddock and prawns. Ate half of it and am stuffed now. Rest will go in the freezer.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,253 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

trashcan wrote: »
    Made an enormous fish pie, with loads of veg (leeks, carrots, cauliflower, broccoli and peas. Fish was haddock, salmon, smoked haddock and prawns. Ate half of it and am stuffed now. Rest will go in the freezer.

Sounds delicious :)

Ham salad sandwich here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Took some liberties with the national dish this morning. Breakfast roll with Denny's veg sausage, Rudd's Veg black pudding, scrambled egg with melted easy single, avocado, red onion, ketchup/Cholula sauce. Happy Paddy's Day. Out for a walk to justify cans later.

That really looks incredible.

• Advertisement

Beef and Guinness casserole with roasties, mash and broccoli and a pint of plain with Joe Dolan on in the background.

Potatoes and onions planted, trees cut for firewood and a surprise 17/2 winner with a 1 euro free bet in Cheltenham chosen with great skill (because of the name "Put the kettle on".)

Great day.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭joficeduns1

Beef and Guinness casserole with roasties, mash and broccoli and a pint of plain with Joe Dolan on in the background.

Potatoes and onions planted, trees cut for firewood and a surprise 17/2 winner with a 1 euro free bet in Cheltenham chosen with great skill (because of the name "Put the kettle on".)

Great day.

Some days are just different.

Great day.

I was on the same horse, as our local parish priest is part of the syndicate that owns this mare. We'll eat well this week.:D

Opted against the garden. Still too wet. But enjoyed making dinner while toasting St. Patrick. Roasties, veg, chicken, ham, stuffing and gravy.

IMG-20210317-172138.jpg

I was going to get a take away but I'm worried about my weight. It sounds stupid I know :(

I was going to get a take away but I'm worried about my weight. It sounds stupid I know :(

It's our national holiday, get the takeaway and enjoy yourself.

It doesn't sound stupid S. Lots of us have been there. (Where's bassy the last few days) but RG is right. With all the crap going on with this Covid thing and a St. Patricks Day that wasn't really anything close to a brill day, don't deny yourself a little treat. It lifts the soul.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭whatawaster81

Had a Fish & Chips from the local chipper there. Excellent as usual. Saw they do a battered Mars Bar and had to give it a go. Have heard so much about it. Very Thin layer of batter but the melted chocolate was delish. So I've tried it now.

Ye are right of course. I'll order it later on. I have some drinks chilling and to be fair I have a huge choice of places to get food from. Thanks :)

I'll be joining you Surreptitious. I was planning on having cauliflower soup and even roasted the cauliflower for extra flavour.

This is the result of my efforts 🙄

Had a Fish & Chips from the local chipper there. Excellent as usual. Saw they do a battered Mars Bar and had to give it a go. Have heard so much about it. Very Thin layer of batter but the melted chocolate was delish. So I've tried it now.

Tried it once and once only in Glasgow over 20 years ago. Now the fact that it was after a chicken curry and beer may have clouded the moment, but I found it difficult.:D

• Advertisement

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Tried it once and once only in Glasgow over 20 years ago. Now the fact that it was after a chicken curry and beer may have clouded the moment, but I found it difficult.:D

There was much less batter than you'd usually get from something from the chipper which surprised me. I was expecting batter sausage style but It was a very thin coating. I've had a couple of beers tonight as well. For 2:50 would I get it again? Probably but I need help :D

Porklife wrote: »
    I'll be joining you Surreptitious. I was planning on having cauliflower soup and even roasted the cauliflower for extra flavour.

This is the result of my efforts ��

OOOPs.

I just looked at my Just Eat account. I only had one take away in the last 4 months so I ordered a gourmet burger, skin on fries, hot sauce and wings.

I'm having a Captain Morgan's now with cold orange. Yum yum.

I'm having a Captain Morgan's now with cold orange. Yum yum.

Lovely. That's my favourite drink. Orange Super Split. I insist everyone has one on a night out with the lads.

Lovely. That's my favourite drink. Orange Super Split. I insist everyone has one on a night out with the lads.

I hardly ever drink it but it was 18 in Lidl so I said I'd pick it up. It is a tasty drink.

There was much less batter than you'd usually get from something from the chipper which surprised me. I was expecting batter sausage style but It was a very thin coating. I've had a couple of beers tonight as well. For 2:50 would I get it again? Probably but I need help :D

My experience was a "search for the Mars Bar within all the batter".:eek: But as I said I was well jarred and after a feed of curry at all hours of the morning. But I won't be trying it again despite how good it sounds.:D

I hardly ever drink it but it was 18 in Lidl so I said I'd pick it up. It is a tasty drink.

The best drink you will ever have is when you hardly ever drink S! Enjoy it and the takeaway! Cheers from me!

OOOPs.

I just looked at my Just Eat account. I only had one take away in the last 4 months so I ordered a gourmet burger, skin on fries, hot sauce and wings.

Is that from GBK? Sounds yummy and one in the last 4months is great going! Enjoy the hell out of it.
    I ordered Namaste cos ive heard so many good things. Im excited to try it. I feel like i deserve it after the exploding blender incident:)

Grandeeod wrote: »
    The best drink you will ever have is when you hardly ever drink S! Enjoy it and the takeaway! Cheers from me!

Thanks G. Well I'd be drinking alright just not this particular drink haha

• Advertisement

Porklife wrote: »
    Is that from GBK? Sounds yummy and one in the last 4months is great going! Enjoy the hell out of it.
    I ordered Namaste cos ive heard so many good things. Im excited to try it. I feel like i deserve it after the exploding blender incident:)

Whats GBK? It's a grill place I get burgers from sometimes. Not far from me so it's still hot.
    No I'm in cork no GBK here

Advertisement