Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

pasta,mince with carrots and onions and a pasta sauce mixed in.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,084 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Jasus it was miserable working outside here today, had a long hot bath before dinner of steak, chips, peas and two soft fried eggs.

Had a glass of Merlot with the dinner and having a drop of Holy Water with crushed ice and white lemonade now. A night in front of the blazing stove beckons.

It was far more feckin miserable sitting inside looking out at it and it didn't even rain in these parts.:D But still looks crap and morbid. Ms G had mash, gravy and chicken. Mrs G had a WWs meal with some salad. I've loads of options open but right now the bulk bought Canadian is just fine.:D May take up to at least Easter. Woo Hoo!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I bought a new hot sauce and it's rank. It ruined my dinner. It wasn't even hot either.

I bought a new hot sauce and it's rank. It ruined my dinner. It wasn't even hot either.

sorry to hear that Surrep,as the say you learn from your mistakes or should i say choice,s in this one.

Name it S as I want to avoid it.

• Advertisement

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Name it S as I want to avoid it.

This is it:

https://www.bullseyebbq.com/uk/our-products/Bulls-Eye-Hot-Sauce-Louisiana-Chipotle/76013940

It might be ok on a burger or something but I wouldn't recommend it. It's thick as well not runny.

This is it:

https://www.bullseyebbq.com/uk/our-products/Bulls-Eye-Hot-Sauce-Louisiana-Chipotle/76013940

It might be ok on a burger or something but I wouldn't recommend it. It's thick as well not runny.

have to say it looks nice Surrep,hence why you probaly bought it,so i kinda would of got suckered in to it as well from it looking nice in bottle lol

• Registered Users Posts: 22,235 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Beef noodle stir fry :)

bassy wrote: »
    have to say it looks nice Surrep,hence why you probaly bought it,so i kinda would of got suckered in to it as well from it looking nice in bottle lol

It has a sweet taste. I usually use Frank's and it is much nicer.

yuck to sweet taste

• Advertisement

yuck to sweet taste

Yeah I prefer spicy. Ah well, back to the Frank's again :)

Can't beat Franks, but the Encona extra hot chilli sauce is epic. The original is available, but I find it harder to get the extra hot version in store. Now that is a great cooking sauce and one powerful dip.:eek:

Can't beat Franks, but the Encona extra hot chilli sauce is epic. The original is available, but I find it harder to get the extra hot version in store. Not that is a great cooking sauce and one powerful dip.:eek:

I will keep on eye out for it. I want to try the Rebel Chili sauce as well but forget to look for it in Supervalu.

I will keep on eye out for it. I want to try the Rebel Chili sauce as well but forget to look for it in Supervalu.

Correction on my part the Encona is an extra hot pepper sauce, not chilli. But by Jaysus S it's hot. I haven't tried the Rebel chilli yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,835 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

I'll be like a greyhound out of the traps heading for the shopping tomorrow, my big day (hour) out in the big smoke (small town).

Highlight of my social life besides Boards.ie for the last 11 months.

Fresh crusty loafs, coleslaw, fruit and veg, chelsea pastries, smoked cheese, Smirnoff, Merlot, Beer, Cider and most important of all Bovril. Had to pour the boiling water into the jar today to extract the last of it to help make the last mug. Tough times in the mountains of south Kerry lads, tough times.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

I'll be like a greyhound out of the traps heading for the shopping tomorrow, my big day (hour) out in the big smoke (small town).

Fresh crusty loafs, coleslaw, fruit and veg, chelsea pastries, smoked cheese, Smirnoff, Merlot, Beer, Cider and most important of all Bovril. Had to pour the boiling water into the jar today to extract the last of it to help make the last mug. Tough times in the mountains of south Kerry lads, tough times.

aah bovril :):)

aah bovril :):)

Nothing in this world compares to a good mug of Bovril, I usually start by dipping a plain cheese sandwich into it.

That's only the foreplay, when I get the first sup of raw goodness into me it's like a drug, I keep taking small sips and deep breathes in rapid succession then until it's all gone. For obvious reasons I don't drink it while in company.

The odd time there's a Brucie Bonus of a piece of melted cheese in the last slug, you just know no matter what, it's going to be a great day when that happens.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Nothing in this world compares to a good mug of Bovril, I usually start by dipping a plain cheese sandwich into it.

That's only the foreplay, when I get the first sup of raw goodness into me it's like a drug, I keep taking small sips and deep breathes in rapid succession then until it's all gone. For obvious reasons I don't drink it while in company.

The odd time there's a Brucie Bonus of a piece of melted cheese in the last slug, you just know no matter what, it's going to be a great day when that happens.

very descriptive rows :D LOL

I know that feeling RG. Did the shop today in a mid sized town. A Birthday here tomorrow. A 13th! Well stocked up, but a little sad that she can't have something she will really remember. I have all I want and need and completely understand where we are at right now, but she's still just a kid at heart and at that age memories are built. I'm really trying to go the extra mile for her tomorrow.

I know that feeling RG. Did the shop today in a mid sized town. A Birthday here tomorrow. A 13th! Well stocked up, but a little sad that she can't have something she will really remember. I have all I want and need and completely understand where we are at right now, but she's still just a kid at heart and at that age memories are built. I'm really trying to go the extra mile for her tomorrow.

Aw I hope she has a good day. 13 is a seminal age really.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,015 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Tall dark roast. Eyes pop open after few sips.

Fathom wrote: »
    Tall dark roast. Eyes pop open after few sips.

no skinny lathe :D

Teenager for the first time is a huge occasion. What can ya do man in these circumstances only give a hand written voucher for whatever it is she was looking forward to that can't be gotten now.

You're a good ol' soul anyway and you can be dam sure your family know it and appreciate it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,015 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

no skinny lathe :D
    Skinner dark roast. Now wired. :eek:

A carefully planned feast was organised for this evening but I'm ashamed to say I was defeated by half a Centra meat feast pizza.

Okay, there was a small bit of roast beef and red cheddar added and a few chicken nuggets on the side and a platter of chips between the three of us as well but there's still two out of my four slices of pizza left. It doesn't look that awesome but it was some value at 7.50.

I could hear me Mam's voice telling me "Your eyes are bigger than your belly" when I admitted defeat.

Lucky enough I managed to finish the Chelsea pastry for dessert and there's a taste of more off the Merlot so my reputation is not in complete tatters yet.

A carefully planned feast was organised for this evening but I'm ashamed to say I was defeated by half a Centra meat feast pizza.

Okay, there was a small bit of roast beef and red cheddar added and a few chicken nuggets on the side and a platter of chips between the three of us as well but there's still two out of my four slices of pizza left. It doesn't look that awesome but it was some value at 7.50.

I could hear me Mam's voice telling me "Your eyes are bigger than your belly" when I admitted defeat.

Lucky enough I managed to finish the Chelsea pastry for dessert and there's a taste of more off the Merlot so my reputation is not in complete tatters yet.

Oh you hound dog Rows lol

Love it!

We had Cake!

IMG-20210205-152726.jpg

pasta,mince,carrots,onions,pasta stir in sauce.i know guys lol i feel like im a pauper compare to some dishes especially the one above this post :D

happy 13th birthday little miss G hope your getting spoilt :)

• Advertisement

Had onion bhajis earlier. Big ones and they were nice, from Dunnes chilled section.

Advertisement