Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Had a slice beautiful Apple pie courtesy of Stafford’s bakery for dessert and Spaghetti Bolognese for dinner

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,034 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Fillet steak, mash, garden peas and beef gravy.
    Yo Grandeeod. You make me hungry! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,105 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Fathom wrote: »
    Yo Grandeeod. You make me hungry! :pac:

I'm still hungry! Watch out tomorrow morning for a traditional Irish staple, but homemade.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,034 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

I'm still hungry! Watch out tomorrow morning for a traditional Irish staple, but homemade.
    Just guessing. Rashers? Eggs? :D Off to market. Laters.

Fathom wrote: »
    Just guessing. Rashers? Eggs? :D

Off to market. Laters.

Rashers yes. Eggs no.:D

• Advertisement

Bacon and Sausage baguette cut in two. OJ. Hit the spot.

IMG-20210209-095727.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,514 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Chicken thighs / legs whatever you want to call them. Easy peasy. Chuck in the oven for 45 mins at 220*.
    Can be eaten hot or cold. Cheap as chips as well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Sirloin steak seared first, fried for another minute each side and then rested under tinfoil while the chips, mixed veg and peppercorn sauce were prepared. Could of ate it with a spoon it was that tender.

Extra wine for dessert.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭bassy

big bowl of vegtable soup with sourdough bread for the weather thats in it.

Coffeehouse has menu. What's for du jour? Pot roast. Yum. Places take-out order.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭VW 1

cj maxx wrote: »
    Chicken thighs / legs whatever you want to call them. Easy peasy. Chuck in the oven for 45 mins at 220*.
    Can be eaten hot or cold. Cheap as chips as well :)

It's a weekly staple in my house. Bone 6 chicken thighs. Marinade in a combo of honey soy and ketchup for the afternoon. Crack the oven to 200c, put the chicken on a bed of chopped up veg on a tray and cook for 40 mins. Crispy skin, sticky marinade and tasty roast veg. As you say, easy peasy and extremely tasty.

Edit to say myself and the missus have two each and the 7 year old usually takes two himself. For the princely sum of 2 euro for the chicken! Without doubt the best value meal we eat in the house

Turkey and smoked ham with gravy made from the stock the eldest lad made at Christmas.

A few Belgian chocolate praline's for dessert.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

home made chicken spicebag,diced chicken and peppers,carrots,onions,sweet potato and nice hot powder sprinkled over it and all steam cooked.
    my auld steamer sauce pans are getting a good work out these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

bassy wrote: »
    home made chicken spicebag,diced chicken and peppers,carrots,onions,sweet potato and nice hot powder sprinkled over it and all steam cooked.
    my auld steamer sauce pans are getting a good work out these days.

That sounds tasty bassy.

I love sweet potato fries or wedges or even roasted whole. But I hate sweet potato mash.
    It tastes like ...sweet.mash...well duh lol. But I think its awful mashed.

Seen a thanksgiving recipe before of sweet potato mash in a tray with a marshmallow layer over the top :eek:

I can understand the idea, but imagine having a scoop of that with your turkey :(

That sounds tasty bassy.

I love sweet potato fries or wedges or even roasted whole. But I hate sweet potato mash.
    It tastes like ...sweet.mash...well duh lol. But I think its awful mashed.

Seen a thanksgiving recipe before of sweet potato mash in a tray with a marshmallow layer over the top :eek:

I can understand the idea, but imagine having a scoop of that with your turkey :(

sweet potatoes i cut in to small little squares,the whole meal was delicious and the steamer is a great yoke lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

bassy wrote: »
    sweet potatoes i cut in to small little squares,the whole meal was delicious and the steamer is a great yoke lol

They are nice cubed & bunged into a pot of chilli aswel :)

They are nice cubed & bunged into a pot of chilli aswel :)
    Yo SineadSpears. I will have to try this.

Turkey and smoked ham with gravy made from the stock the eldest lad made at Christmas.

A few Belgian chocolate praline's for dessert.

As you would say yourself RG, something similar here! Roast chicken over ham with stuffing, gravy, mash scoops (from me new scooper) peas, carrots and parsnips.

An Aldi raspberry and apple Danish to finish.

IMG-20210210-214502.jpg

IMG-20210210-213927.jpg

Yo Grandeeod. Now you are making my tummy growl.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

I may have asked you before Grandeeod but did you ever train as a chef or work in kitchens?
    You have such a passion for food and it always looks great!

I had a McCains jacket potato with butter and cheese but the water content it too high in them, they were frozen and they lacked the fluffiness of a real baked potato. The pound of kerrygold definitely helped though. It was more like want some watery potato with that pile of melting lard?;)

• Advertisement

Just had four packets of Salt & Vinegar Tayto. Much prefer these over the Cheese & Onion.

Porklife wrote: »
    I may have asked you before Grandeeod but did you ever train as a chef or work in kitchens?

I had a McCains jacket potato with butter and cheese but the water content it too high in them, they were frozen and they lacked the fluffiness of a real baked potato. The pound of kerrygold definitely helped though. It was more like want some watery potato with that pile of melting lard?;)

Cheers Porklife. No training but cooking since I was 15. I worked as a kitchen porter/waiter many moons ago and loved watching the chefs do their thing and picking up tips from them.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Porklife wrote: »

Put a bit of oil and plenty of salt on a potato. Massage all the salt in. Bake!

Hit, rather than cut, when done.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I’ve just noticed that Jenna James hasn’t posted in a while, hope all is ok :)

Having a hot chocolate with marshmallows :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Chicken sausages with hot sauce. Didn't have breakfast so had them later. They are healthy, no fat comes out of them when you cook them. Tasty too.

Venison chilli con carne with oven baked wedges a few nachos and a sprinkle of vintage cheddar.

A cold can of Molson for beverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

That's like a gourmet taco chip! Yum yum

Venison chilli con carne with oven baked wedges a few nachos and a sprinkle of vintage cheddar.

A cold can of Molson for beverage.

That's awesome RG. How does a Venison chilli taste compared to the oul beef version?

That's awesome RG. How does a Venison chilli taste compared to the oul beef version?

You probably wouldn't be able to tell it was venison unless you were told because of all the other ingredients. It's a softer leaner mince alright.

There's not a huge difference in general but for a steak or roast venison is more tender, even in a burger or casserole it is more tender now that I think about it.

• Advertisement

You probably wouldn't be able to tell it was venison unless you were told because of all the other ingredients. It's a softer leaner mince alright.

There's not a huge difference in general but for a steak or roast venison is more tender, even in a burger or casserole it is more tender now that I think about it.

From looking at the pic it looks a lot softer and leaner alright which would suit me. I do a great chilli and Mrs G loves it, but I'm no longer in love with the thickness of beef mince, even if its steak mince, unless its a meatball or burger. But I would mill that chilli.:D

Room temping a little fillet steak here. Got a delivery from Asiamarket,ie today and bought some Cod mushrooms from Carlow. Lets see where this goes.:)

Advertisement