Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,084 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

The stir fry beef with veg was class. The combo of soy and oyster sauce makes it dark, but the sesame oil and chilli makes it hot and flavoursome. A few beers helps it along.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

rice,,green beans,chicken fillet and a pint of uisce.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

It's very late, but stir fried broccoli and turkey mince with soy sauce, garlic, honey and fish sauce. With noodles.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,835 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Chicken, peppers and mushrooms fried and then a jar of Rogan Josh sauce added, nice and spicy with chips and rice.

Homemade Tiramisu for dessert and a nice coffee to follow.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,907 ✭✭✭trashcan

Chicken, peppers and mushrooms fried and then a jar of Rogan Josh sauce added, nice and spicy with chips and rice.

Homemade Tiramisu for dessert and a nice coffee to follow.

Chips and rice is just greedy. Mmmmmm, tiramisu....

• Advertisement

It's Christmas Day in my Kitchen tonight! Turkey and Ham with mash, peas, carrots, stuffing and gravy. I have cheated, but feck it.:D Chocolate Kimberley and bainne for dessert.

rice :D onions carrots green beans and chicken.

bassy wrote: »
    rice :D onions carrots green beans and chicken.

Get some spuds into you Bassy. Carbs are carbs, but spuds are special carbs.:D

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Get some spuds into you Bassy. Carbs are carbs, but spuds are special carbs.:D

are you sure on the spuds G

are you sure on the spuds G

Absolutely Bassy. I actually avoided rice more than spuds. If you like mash, use slimline milk and low low butter sparingly. I made roasties with that slimline spray oil. Baby boiled spuds are good too. Mix it up to keep it interesting. All rice and no spuds will make Bassy pissed off, unless you prefer rice.:D

Mrs G is on Weight Watcher meals and Slimfast here and she's starting to struggle after two weeks. Costing a fortune too. :eek: She's already looking for a wholesome dinner that is low fat. Most dinners I am happy to cook are just that. Avoid red meat. Stick with chicken and ham and Bovril is your friend. Loads of veg too.

If you have an Air Fryer, it will be good to you and any diet. Keep it up buddy. Love following your journey despite me posting some mega fat dinners after beers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,235 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Shepherds pie this evening :)

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Cutting down on daily intake aftet my chtistmas binge continues into January,
    Meal prepped some of last nights chilli bean burrito for today and had a coffee w/ brownie

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I have had no take away, chipper food or anything in 7 weeks now.

I have had no take away, chipper food or anything in 7 weeks now.

are the closed in your area for the last 7 weeks Surrep :D
    only kidding well done,keep it up.i have rice chicken veg here if you fancy it.

are the closed in your area for the last 7 weeks Surrep :D
    only kidding well done,keep it up.i have rice chicken veg here if you fancy it.

Haha no. It's funny. I have the choice of about 80 places where I live so it can be tempting.
    I wouldn't mind some chicken and rice, I only had a banana today so far, dodgy tummy. Will have to whisk up toast or a sandwich later.

Haha no. It's funny. I have the choice of about 80 places where I live so it can be tempting.
    I wouldn't mind some chicken and rice, I only had a banana today so far, dodgy tummy. Will have to whisk up toast or a sandwich later.

We have a choice of two (both chippers, one building, one a trailer), the second nearest one is a 30 mile round trip that only opens if he gets fresh fish that morning.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

I'm eating ready to eat (cold) Tesco chicken wings and some Tiger beer......

A few sausages, beans, toast and OJ. Grand job.

I went to Lidl and got some goodies from the bakery. I had a mini focaccia and a chocolate hazelnut croissant.

@Mystery Egg. I got the cinnamon buns as well you were talking about. Will try one later with a cuppa!

• Advertisement

Vegetable soup and a ham sandwich :)

Two caramelised onion and two of the black pudding flavoured winter sausages with mash, peas and gravy. It's become an early week "use what's in the fridge" regular dinner that we look forward to.

Tiramisu somehow tasted even better today followed by a few Malteaser sweets out of the last box of Celebrations. On my third mock pint of Guinness and the night is young.

Homemade cheese burger as in the burger was homemade. Had it with baby leaves/rocket, diced tomato/onion and a drizzle of balsamic dressing. Tried some curly fries for a change. Tasty. Can of Canadian for the craic.:D

IMG-20210203-174404.jpg

ah stop G not nice to be teased lol lol

ah stop G not nice to be teased lol lol

Sorry.:D What are you having?

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Sorry.:D What are you having?

ham and mushroom tagliatelle with a big spud lol.

https://www.aldi.co.uk/ham-%26-mushroom-tagliatelle/p/078859198092501

ham and mushroom tagliatelle with a big spud lol.

https://www.aldi.co.uk/ham-%26-mushroom-tagliatelle/p/078859198092501

Good man. Keep her lit. I'll have a beer for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Fishmonger delivered some whiting fillets today.

Simply fried them on my le creuset grill pan , with squirt of lemon over them . Par booked some potatoes and sliced them , fried them in a drop of rapeseed oil on the pan. Tensderstem brocolli and some peas on the side .

Simple but really tasty .

Fish and chips from the chipper :)

• Advertisement

Jasus it was miserable working outside here today, had a long hot bath before dinner of steak, chips, peas and two soft fried eggs.

Had a glass of Merlot with the dinner and having a drop of Holy Water with crushed ice and white lemonade now. A night in front of the blazing stove beckons.

Advertisement