Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

A buffet of cold meat sandwiches on fresh white panned and sliced bread. The meats' comprise of leftovers from the preceding week, including, roasted pork, crackling and cinnamon apple sauce. Roasted Breast of chicken laced with cold mayonnaise and capers. This morning's grilled streaky slices of Basque Bacon with a spiced tomato pickle and thinly sliced cheddar.

I am also stuffing myself with a homemade Wild Blackberry Baked Alaska which is essentially based on a cold pavlova condensed with vanilla ice cream, shaved Cadburys Flake and wild blackberries foraged this morning from the South Dublin Mountains.

I am drinking Aspels Dry Cider. I have now had 5 and plan on dancing in my living room soon, probably to quite loud progressive techno from the mid nineties.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Sephiroth, that buffalo sauce looks right up my street. Where can one purchase this burning firey nectar?

Surreptitious, I'm gonna order rebel chilli now, thank you for that.

I got this today and can't wait to lash it on my lasagna:)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Porklife wrote: »
    Sephiroth, that buffalo sauce looks right up my street. Where can one purchase this burning firey nectar?

Surreptitious, I'm gonna order rebel chilli now, thank you for that.

I got this today and can't wait to lash it on my lasagna:)

You can get them in dunnes, goes really well with chicken, not the hottest but a nice little kick to it.

That looks really good

*slides plate over*

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I went to Dunnes out of interest and they didn't have the Rebel Chili. Feck sake like. Picked up some Frank's though. I saw the one you have Seph as well.

Going to try this when I have my pizza

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I went to Dunnes out of interest and they didn't have the Rebel Chili. Feck sake like. Picked up some Frank's though. I saw the one you have Seph as well.
    Going to try this when I have my pizza

Let us know how it is, Try it sometime, christ were all gone mad on the hot sauce!

I got this takeaway last month with hot sauce. It has been on my mind since.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

By Jaysus it's here and on the plate. Milling a Chicken Curry, Fried Rice, Chips and another beer for the wash down.

IMG-20200906-182513.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Had a beef chilli with rice. few cans of the black stuff to finish of the weekend.

Salmon Thai Fishcakes with the Frank's hot sauce. Thumbs up. I still think the one I got with my takeaway was nicer, I wonder is it some industrial one they buy.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Just watched an amazing street food youtube video in Iran!

Aldi frozen fish with rice and beans.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Smoked bacon buttie with honey. Sadly on white bread. Dreadful stuff.. usual instant coffee which I enjoy.

A bowl of sugared Rice Crispies ( stolen from a colleague ) slightly undermilked. Two slices of cheap white sliced pan toasted and buttered with butter substitute spreadable from the fridge ( also stolen ) and apricot jam (lying idle in fridge, possibly left by former employee). Hunger never lies.

Staring into my computer, mildly hungover and pretending to be busy but finding it difficult to concentrate. A colleague has been humming the tune to " life is a rollercoaster " all morning without realising it. I am seeing the funny side of it for the moment, I hate her however and am contemplating reporting her to HR and asking to move seat. She is pleasing on the eye however and all the girls come to her desk for " chats " every morning. The gang of bitches think I am some sort of a pushover. pff.

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    A bowl of sugared Rice Crispies ( stolen from a colleague ) slightly undermilked. Two slices of cheap white sliced pan toasted and buttered with butter substitute spreadable from the fridge ( also stolen ) and apricot jam (lying idle in fridge, possibly left by former employee). Hunger never lies.

Staring into my computer, mildly hungover and pretending to be busy but finding it difficult to concentrate. A colleague has been humming the tune to " life is a rollercoaster " all morning without realising it. I am seeing the funny side of it for the moment, I hate her however and am contemplating reporting her to HR and asking to move seat. She is pleasing on the eye however and all the girls come to her desk for " chats " every morning. The gang of bitches think I am some sort of a pushover. pff.

Haha...I absolutely hate that song. I can't stand Ronan Keating.

I'm about to have leftover lasagna. My hangover is fairly rampant so I'm hoping this helps!

No hangover today, so obviously didn't drink enough last night.:D Up early this morning to help Ms G out to school. Took a homemade burger out of the freezer and had a simple burger and chips for lunch. I knew it would be a red meat day from start to finish as its a sirloin, mash. mushy peas and gravy dinner soon.

The simple lunch. No frills on the burger. Just ketchup. Twas nice. Can't beat a burger you make yourself.

IMG-20200906-171007.jpg

Grandeeod wrote: »
    No hangover today, so obviously didn't drink enough last night.:D Up early this morning to help Ms G out to school. Took a homemade burger out of the freezer and had a simple burger and chips for lunch. I knew it would be a red meat day from start to finish as its a sirloin, mash. mushy peas and gravy dinner soon.

The simple lunch. No frills on the burger. Just ketchup. Twas nice. Can't beat a burger you make yourself.

IMG-20200906-171007.jpg

Are those homemade chips? They look lovely and fluffy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,830 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

IMG-20200906-171007.jpg

Burger looks the job but if I got that many chips on my plate I'd be wondering what did I do wrong.

Spent the afternoon butchering a stag so plenty of boned and rolled roasts, chops, back straps and mince to be enjoyed over the next couple of weeks.

Did a fridge clear out for dinner, we shared a Tesco chicken and bacon pizza, a thai red curry with rice and chocolate fudge cake. Proper junk food.

Having a gin and tonic now planning my next foray at dawn in the wilds.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Porklife wrote: »
    Are those homemade chips? They look lovely and fluffy.

Supervalu Chunky chips done in the Airfryer. A really decent alternative to the homemade chip from the deep fryer. Crispy outer and fluffy inner. Our go to chip at the moment.
    Burger looks the job but if I got that many chips on my plate I'd be wondering what did I do wrong.

Ah RG It was only lunch.:D A good meaty burger with a very filling chip. If you came in from a long day and just got that, I'd understand. A gap plugger. The dinner version is usually packed with onions, tomato and cheddar cheese, more chips and coleslaw on the side.

My Sirloin is resting at room temp before the pan.

Supervalu Chunky chips done in the Airfryer. A really decent alternative to the homemade chip from the deep fryer. Crispy outer and fluffy inner. Our go to chip at the moment.

Ah RG It was only lunch.:D A good meaty burger with a very filling chip. If you came in from a long day and just got that, I'd understand. A gap plugger. The dinner version is usually packed with onions, tomato and cheddar cheese, more chips and coleslaw on the side.

My Sirloin is resting at room temp before the pan.

Lunch, what's a lunch?

Do ye have a breakfast as well?

And a dinner too?

Jasus, you're a hungry dog Grandeeod.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Lunch, what's a lunch?

Do ye have a breakfast as well?

And a dinner too?

Jasus, you're a hungry dog Grandeeod.

Some days breakfast only. Some days lunch only. Always a dinner.:D I've seen your breakfast and dinners here. Savage feeds. Don't go calling names and you have a missus to cook for you aswell. A keeper I believe.:D I'm the lone cook in this gaff!

• Advertisement

She just ran a bath for me and there's a fresh G and T in there too next to the candle, might hang on to her alright.

She just ran a bath for me and there's a fresh G and T in there too next to the candle, might hang on to her alright.

I knew it. You're a woman!

Ah FFS!:D

Gonna fry my steak.:D

All I had today was a mixture of melon pieces and toast with jam.
    Will have dinner later. I bought this Spice Box thing in Aldi but not having it tonight. I wonder if it's nice I usually make my own spice bag.

All I had today was a mixture of melon pieces and toast with jam.
    Will have dinner later. I bought this Spice Box thing in Aldi but not having it tonight. I wonder if it's nice I usually make my own spice bag.

Its not that bad S. But won't beat the homemade version which beats all IMHO. Been a while since the spice bag was mentioned here!

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭bertiebomber

home grown potatoes beetroot carrots - first time to grow them great flavours, im delighted.

Its not that bad S. But won't beat the homemade version which beats all IMHO. Been a while since the spice bag was mentioned here!

Must be gone out of fashion.I will give it a try soon and update findings.

A Beef Bolognese (prepared cooked and frozen last Thursday evening), served with fresh Tagliatelle and sprinkled with Modena Parmigiano-Reggiano. The Bolognese consists of freshly shaved carrot peelings, celery stewed and melted with Lombardy onion and garlic sourced from the Po valley. I added salt, pepper and Worcester sauce with a smidgeon of Tabasco. A pound of Irish Beef, Bacon Croutons and stock were added to the Bolognese mix before the final inclusion of a can of Italian sourced plum tomatoes. I cheated a little and liberally applied some tomato puree to colour.

For lunch I struggled through a deli made Turkey and Avocado sandwich on Granary Bread. I was given an inquisition by junior staff members in the canteen as to my weekends activities. I was attempting to finish a rather bland and tasteless Granny Smith so I elected to lie and told them that I spent Saturday morning and afternoon attending to my aunts garden and cleaning her shed ( she lives in an apartment in Monkstown). I immediately regretted my deflection when they proceeded to discuss grass cutting and compost heaps for at least 5 minutes. I took this opportunity, while they were climbing out of this banal conversational Cul de Sac, to secretly leer at our new intern, she is divine.

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    A Beef Bolognese (prepared cooked and frozen last Thursday evening), served with fresh Tagliatelle and sprinkled with Modena Parmigiano-Reggiano. The Bolognese consists of freshly shaved carrot peelings, celery stewed and melted with Lombardy onion and garlic sourced from the Po valley. I added salt, pepper and Worcester sauce with a smidgeon of Tabasco. A pound of Irish Beef, Bacon Croutons and stock were added to the Bolognese mix before the final inclusion of a can of Italian sourced plum tomatoes. I cheated a little and liberally applied some tomato puree to colour.

For lunch I struggled through a deli made Turkey and Avocado sandwich on Granary Bread. I was given an inquisition by junior staff members in the canteen as to my weekends activities. I was attempting to finish a rather bland and tasteless Granny Smith so I elected to lie and told them that I spent Saturday morning and afternoon attending to my aunts garden and cleaning her shed ( she lives in an apartment in Monkstown). I immediately regretted my deflection when they proceeded to discuss grass cutting and compost heaps for at least 5 minutes. I took this opportunity, while they were climbing out of this banal conversational Cul de Sac, to secretly leer at our new intern, she is divine.

You're funny anyway!:D

• Advertisement

4 squares of lindt creamy chocolate.

Advertisement