Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Avocado on sourdough toasted bread and a cupan tae.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭Onshuh

Aren't you fierce hip with your avocado on sourdough.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Tomatoes and cucumber out of the green house, freshly ground pepper and some strong black coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

Cheese n Onion Tayto :pac:

Any left? :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Onshuh wrote: »
    Aren't you fierce hip with your avocado on sourdough.... :D

You can thank my wee brother for it , he introduced me to sourdough :pac:

Any left? :D

*slides over a slice and a cupan tae * ;-)

*slides over a slice and a cupan tae * ;-)

Ya never let me down! Nice wan ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,831 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Monkfish and prawn green Thai curry with egg fried rice and homemade chips.

It was that nice I didn't even remember the glass of wine until the plate was empty and nearly ate the chickens printed on the plate when the food was gone.

Another few of those Belgian profiteroles from Tesco for dessert, happy camper here.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Monkfish and prawn green Thai curry with egg fried rice and homemade chips.

It was that nice I didn't even remember the glass of wine until the plate was empty and nearly ate the chickens printed on the plate when the food was gone.

Another few of those Belgian profiteroles from Tesco for dessert, happy camper here.

Your chips look really good, are they deep fried?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,831 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Porklife wrote: »
    Your chips look really good, are they deep fried?

Yep, they're rooster's, peeled, chipped, and soaked in water before deep frying.

No big deal to do but the soaking in water for an hour or so beforehand removes starch from them and makes a huge difference.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Deep fried Cajun coated Aubergine with a sliced fresh mozzarella topping with a slight dribble of extra virgin olive oil, almost heavily sea salted on the cheese with deep fried Anchovies on the side.

Washing it down with a full bottle of chilled Trimbach Riesling.

My fingers are really sticky and licky.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Beef Tacos tonight. Might have a few beers to wash them down.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,080 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Beef Tacos tonight. Might have a few beers to wash them down.

Might have beers??? I'm having beers, listening to the radio. Old school.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Onion bhajis. Supposed to be my dinner but might have something small later.
    Beers in fridge chilling for after work.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Grandeeod wrote: »

Beers and Spotify now.

BBQ pork chops with rice and salad in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Grandeeod wrote: »

I was trying to be coy. I'm havin a rake of the black stuff :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

https://cafedelites.com/sticky-chinese-barbecue-pork-belly-ribs-char-siu-recipe/

Cheap, easy, mostly stuff in the house and unbelievably tasty with some rice, and using normal vinegar since I didn't have the apple cider stuff. Only difference I did was covering with tinfoil, giving it about an hour and a quarter at 180, then 5 minutes either side directly under the grill (it came out black as coal when I tried it the way the recipe says, was falling apart melt-in-your-mouth after doing it in tinfoil/grill).

Onion bhajis. Supposed to be my dinner but might have something small later.
    Beers in fridge chilling for after work.

What beers?

What beers?

I had Rockshore light bought but haven't tried it yet. I bought some Carlsberg today though. I also have blackcurrant gin from last month I didn't open. Have to work tomorrow though so 4 drinks max.

• Advertisement

I had Rockshore light bought but haven't tried it yet. I bought some Carlsberg today though. I also have blackcurrant gin from last month I didn't open. Have to work tomorrow though so 4 drinks max.

giphy.gif

Rockshore ain't half bad.

giphy.gif

Rockshore ain't half bad.

I've never tried it. I like the cider though.

My take on Bombay potatoes... super spicy, just how I likes it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

Porklife wrote: »
    My take on Bombay potatoes... super spicy, just how I likes it!

Bombay potatoes are my favorite in a Indian Restaurant, although I must admit I get them mildly spiced!!!

Just having toast now with some jam ........ simple but very much hitting the spot.

molly09 wrote: »
    Bombay potatoes are my favorite in a Indian Restaurant, although I must admit I get them mildly spiced!!!

Just having toast now with some jam ........ simple but very much hitting the spot.

They're really simple to make Molly. It's really just potato with chilies, tumeric, cumin and lemon juice. I throw crush nuts on mine for added texture and I smother mine in hot sauce. My tolerance for hot food is through the roof! It becomes very addictive though. I find most food bland now if it's not scorchingly spicy:)

Red seedless vine grapes bought from a German supermarket this morning. I am also gorging on ginger nut bickkies and cheap Praline. I am washing all the above down with strong coffee. I might start boozing soon, not sure yet.

A full sugar coca cola. Naughty but it's the slump acting up.

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Red seedless vine grapes bought from a German supermarket this morning. I am also gorging on ginger nut bickkies and cheap Praline. I am washing all the above down with strong coffee. I might start boozing soon, not sure yet.

What's on the booze menu this evening?

What's on the booze menu this evening?

Not fully sure, but quite likely a gallon of fairly cheapish canned larger, freezing cold from the fridge. I have bought a fresh half pint of cream. I will be whipping that for Irish coffees later on. Probably Powers gold/black label triple distilled, delish.

Probably fish n chips tonight, it is Fwiday after all.

• Advertisement

Hot Dogs with tomato sauce and mustard.

Advertisement