Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Porklife wrote: »

Oh my dish last night was an absolute mess...back on topic:)...think I...eh... overcooked it... slightly...just slightly mind..

It smells like poison and reminds me of when Jeremy cooked the dog in Peep show:)

Pity the person on wash up duty!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭VW 1

Three poached eggs and two slices of batch bread toasted. Maltana for afters.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Where are the sausages from, they look great.

Lidl. Part of the current Alpenfest range.

They are called speckgriller. Had cheese in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Thai red curry with rice tonight. Have a few beers to wash it down.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Just having a lager , cotton ball Mayfield lager

IMG20200912182102.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

I love banana on toast! But it's gotta be a very slightly green banana and real butter on the toast.

With peanut butter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

IMG20200912182102.jpg

I'm afraid Franciscan Well has lost out to Cotton Ball for me on local beers.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Seamai wrote: »
    I'm afraid Franciscan Well has lost out to Cotton Ball for me on local beers.

I've never been up to either but will make a trip sometime, luckily local supervalue stocks both.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

wildwillow wrote: »
    Pity the person on wash up duty!

I threw it out the window... easy come, easy go..now for some sophistication.. Jeff Buckley and a Bordeaux (beer and crackers)

IMG20200912182102.jpg
    How is it Seph dude?

• Advertisement

I've never been up to either but will make a trip sometime, luckily local supervalue stocks both.

I think the quality of FW went downhill when Molson's took them over.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Haven't had a Friar Weisse for a long time, beautiful cold beer on a hot day. Always thought it was way stronger than any other beer I tried.

Had crushed boiled baby potatoes with garlic and baked gougons of pollock for dinner, there's a few potatoes left to be fried with the breakfast in the morning.

Smirnoff and cranberry juice with crushed ice now.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

How is it Seph dude?

Nice and smooth just like me 😏😛

• Registered Users Posts: 12,097 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I've raided the stock tonight, so it's cheapo lager from Aldi, but not that Galahad/Excelsior poison. Tastes German. Certain it's a German style. Goes down well. I made some burgers today. Gonna have mine later with mushrooms, chips and the Asian market standard Szechuan sauce that 99.9 Chinese takeaways use.

Haven't had a Friar Weisse for a long time, beautiful cold beer on a hot day. Always thought it was way stronger than any other beer I tried.

Had crushed boiled baby potatoes with garlic and baked gougons of pollock for dinner, there's a few potatoes left to be fried with the breakfast in the morning.

Smirnoff and cranberry juice with crushed ice now.

I think Friar Weisse was my favourite Franciscan Well beer but haven't seen it on tap in a long time. Everytime I find a beer I like on tap it invariably disappears shortly afterwards.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Seamai wrote: »
    I think Friar Weisse was my favourite Franciscan Well beer but haven't seen it on tap in a long time. Everytime I find a beer I like on tap it invariably disappears shortly afterwards.

Chieftain was my fav from them.

Making more German food now, speckgriller sausage with sauerkraut and fried potatoes. Same as last night.

When you eat as a single person, there is a lot of reusing.

The Chef had roast chicken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Alejandro68

Lasagne with garlic bread. Now Vodka and orange juice!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,580 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

With peanut butter.

I also like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Sunday morning feast, nothing like it.

That's me sorted now until the roast venison about 6ish.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Potato fritter stack with avacado and poached eggs. Yummy

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,580 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Potato fritter stack with avacado and poached eggs. Yummy

They look like the lovely potato pancakes from IKEA. Are they your own recipe?

They look like the lovely potato pancakes from IKEA. Are they your own recipe?

No...I was actually in a cafe beside my apartment. To be honest they look better than they tasted. There was Greek yogurt on top that just didn't work. Not having much food luck this weekend! Had Indian food last night and was sick in the middle of the night. It was horrible:(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

No...I was actually in a cafe beside my apartment. To be honest they look better than they tasted. There was Greek yogurt on top that just didn't work. Not having much food luck this weekend! Had Indian food last night and was sick in the middle of the night. It was horrible:(

What did you get Must have been a dodgy one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Gross, report that to the Food Safety Authority. They're great to do prompt, unannounced inspections when you provide the details of your food etc.

s1ippy wrote: »
    Gross, report that to the Food Safety Authority. They're great to do prompt, unannounced inspections when you provide the details of your food etc.

Or bad review on Justeat etc. I don't think I ever got sick from a takeaway but only get them irregularly now. Still not acceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,097 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Sorry to hear about that Indian takeaway. I'm a fussy fecker on Indian/Chinese takeaways. When I was on the road with work with a late night return, I actually created a list of decent places near enough to home depending on which motorway I was on. Never let me down. My local delivery options are crap. Have to drive for at least 15 mins for a decent one.

Back on topic. Had a nice, simple and tasty dinner. Roast spuds, mushy peas, carrots and roast loin of pork. Some Bisto gravy for the splash down. Suppin on a nice French lager from Aldi.

What did you get Must have been a dodgy one.

I got a vindaloo with chicken and it was really good at the time but very oily. I felt fine going to bed but woke in the middle of the night with my tummy in knots. I was sweating and shivery. I'm like a child when I vomit, I get really emotional. Haven't felt right all day despite taking motilium :/

I got a vindaloo with chicken and it was really good at the time but very oily. I felt fine going to bed but woke in the middle of the night with my tummy in knots. I was sweating and shivery. I'm like a child when I vomit, I get really emotional. Haven't felt right all day despite taking motilium :/

You should definitely put a review up. It doesn't have to be very scathing just that you felt sick after it. Vindaloo is a lovely dish but very hot, but if you were getting sick there's no excuse. You could have got them on a bad night but still no excuse.
    Love Indian usually but when it goes wrong it goes horribly wrong.

You should definitely put a review up. It doesn't have to be very scathing just that you felt sick after it. Vindaloo is a lovely dish but very hot, but if you were getting sick there's no excuse. You could have got them on a bad night but still no excuse.
    Love Indian usually but when it goes wrong it goes horribly wrong.

You're right Surreptitious. I love Indian food but this has really put me off. There was leftovers in the fridge and even as I was throwing it away my tummy started flipping. I'm gonna have some soup now and bread and possibly a beer to see if it helps.

• Advertisement

You're right Surreptitious. I love Indian food but this has really put me off. There was leftovers in the fridge and even as I was throwing it away my tummy started flipping. I'm gonna have some soup now and bread and possibly a beer to see if it helps.

Hope you feel better soon. Soup would help.

Advertisement