Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

^^^^^^ that made me instantly think of hot dogs jumping frogs , Albuquerque...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,831 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Hot Dogs with tomato sauce and mustard.

This is a direct contravention of the "you must have cheese on a hot dog at all times" unwritten rule.

Reported to the mods.

If we let this slide there'll be people putting pineapple on pizza and God only knows what else after that.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

This is a direct contravention of the "you must have cheese on a hot dog at all times" unwritten rule.

Reported to the mods.

If we let this slide there'll be people putting pineapple on pizza and God only knows what else after that.

Cheese on a hotdog? Never tried it, crispy onions yes, cheese, no.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Reported to the mods.

Agreed That's an instant threadban! 😮

😝

Steak burger and wedges shall be had shortly .

Cheese on a hotdog? Never tried it, crispy onions yes, cheese, no.

You haven't lived if you've never had a cheesy hotdog, with or without crispy onions.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Advertisement

You haven't lived if you've never had a cheesy hotdog, with or without crispy onions.

I have some more left for another time. Edam or cheddar on them?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

That's quite enough now.

I would like to be able to stomach something later on, slightly dry wretching over here.

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    That's quite enough now.

I would like to be able to stomach something later on, slightly dry wretching over here.

200.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I have to agree. Love them with the dog, fried onions, ketchup, mustard and grated mozzarella on top. All in that order. Wrap em in foil and into a preheated oven for a few mins. Pure magic.

Porklife wrote: »
    They're really simple to make Molly. It's really just potato with chilies, tumeric, cumin and lemon juice. I throw crush nuts on mine for added texture and I smother mine in hot sauce. My tolerance for hot food is through the roof! It becomes very addictive though. I find most food bland now if it's not scorchingly spicy:)

Likewise for spicy. I enjoy the traditional dinners but can't go a week without spice. At the bare minimum I always have a stock of scotch bonnet and chilli oil.

• Advertisement

Cheddar, the more mature the better.

The trick is to grate it finely on top of the ketchup and mustard so when you go to squeeze the whole contraption so that it fits into your mouth you actually merge the three dressings into one gooey topping.

Crispy onions, in hindsight, would be a big plus in this type of scenario.

It will get messy, so have kitchen towel nearby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭Onshuh

Homemade curry. It was my best one yet if I may say so myself. Seriously it was very tasty.

Lager! Yup. Its all cool!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Lager! Yup. Its all cool!

Rockshore?

I've two bottles of foxes pale ale in the fridge waiting.

Rockshore?

I'm having a Carlsberg now trying to stay awake. My friend called round and I had a big red head on me from tiredness. Not the best company right now

Rockshore?

Yup. Rockshore. Goes down nice.

The Rockshore light isn't bad. Must try the regular stuff too. It's not strong tasting easy to drink

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Toast with... well, my shopping went astray this week and the person who then redid the order was not very literate! So they sent WHITE SLICED bread, and for BUTTER? Some kind of... spread.. I think they had run out of wholemeal so they added an Irish soda brown which is in the freezer now.

I had forgotten how ….. even marmalade and honey are in vain against white sliced yukk . with.. spread... :eek:

Fasting is good.... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭1990sman

Graces7 wrote: »
    Toast with... well, my shopping went astray this week and the person who then redid the order was not very literate! So they sent WHITE SLICED bread, and for BUTTER? Some kind of... spread.. I think they had run out of wholemeal so they added an Irish soda brown which is in the freezer now.

I had forgotten how ….. even marmalade and honey are in vain against white sliced yukk . with.. spread... :eek:

Fasting is good.... ;)

couldnt agree more and glad ur back, hope all well x

Fasting is good.... ;)

They couldn't do the job if they weren't literate. They go by what's available on the day. I don't eat white bread either it sticks inside me.

• Advertisement

They couldn't do the job if they weren't literate. They go by what's available on the day. I don't eat white bread either it sticks inside me.

There are degrees and nuances of literacy, A year ago I would have agreed with you but not any more. I have trained the assistant who usually "picks and packs" my order but this was a different person. eg BUTTER? Always available, so he uses some yucky spread? Calls it butter? I get it. But as I said, literacy has edges.

Small deep rural supermarkets with local folk are blessedly different! With my usual lovely assistant I write " no alternative" if there is doubt. She used to send cases of dog food when I had asked for cat food ...lol....

Likewise for spicy. I enjoy the traditional dinners but can't go a week without spice. At the bare minimum I always have a stock of scotch bonnet and chilli oil.

Partly old age and this illness but I now cannot even stand pepper on food. Nor any spice etc; a little salt is all. The only herb I can enjoy is sage in stuffing

My eyes are revolving reading this thread.Shuddering and I have had to abandon the food forum eg the " What did you have for dinner" thread, as "small baked potato with a little mild grated Cheddar" does not fit the ethos. lol...

It is about being happy with what you eat? I am totally happy with the simplicity of mine. As you are with yours.

There are degrees and nuances of literacy, A year ago I would have agreed with you but not any more. I have trained the assistant who usually "picks and packs" my order but this was a different person. eg BUTTER? Always available, so he uses some yucky spread? Calls it butter? I get it. But as I said, literacy has edges.

Small deep rural supermarkets with local folk are blessedly different! With my usual lovely assistant I write " no alternative" if there is doubt. She used to send cases of dog food when I had asked for cat food ...lol....

Fair enough. I find Tesco online shopping does a better job than Supervalu but have only ordered from Supervalu once and they made a fair few mistakes, I was in isolation so glad of the food and the few drinks nonetheless. The one thing I like about Supervalu is the cut cold meats, very nice for sandwiches and better than the packet stuff.

4 scoops of heavy Greek yoghurt flaked with low fat Alpen, blueberries and marzipan shavings. A trickle of maple syrup on top.

2 slices of toasted brown bread with organic strawberry and cinnamon jam, both homemade.

Washed down with 2 freshly ground cups of Arabian coffee with a tiny splash of milk.

Contemplating lunch.

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    4 scoops of heavy Greek yoghurt flaked with low fat Alpen, blueberries and marzipan shavings. A trickle of maple syrup on top.

2 slices of toasted brown bread with organic strawberry and cinnamon jam, both homemade.

Washed down with 2 freshly ground cups of Arabian coffee with a tiny splash of milk.

Contemplating lunch.

And in complete contrast to your healthy breakfast, I had a fry up for one. Toast and OJ with it.

IMG-20200905-115029.jpg

And in complete contrast to your healthy breakfast, I had a fry up for one. Toast and OJ with it.

IMG-20200905-115029.jpg

It looks perfectly healthy. I have a fry at least once a week.

I hope you are mixing the beans with slices of fried egg and black pudding when chewing?

Disappointing however to not see toasted soldiers on the side, essential for wiping that white porcelain clean after. Enjoy.

2 x freshly baked croissants (purchased in local bakery). Halved and filled with cold mayonnaise, Black Forest German smoked ham, preserved sun dried tomatoes with pickled capers. No condiment. Washed down with a small glass of chilled ( almost freezing cold ) TK white lemonade.

A single Twirl finger and a smooth cup of very strong freshly ground coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

I carry hot sauce in my handbag. People sometimes get offended when I take it out but it's not personal at all, I'm genuinely hooked on the stuff and think it enhances most dishes.

Twas a delicious brunch washed down with a tequila and lemon juice.

This evening will be homemade linguine with a sweet ass malbec. Love making fresh pasta whilst listening to Sinatra.

Porklife wrote: »
    I carry hot sauce in my handbag. People sometimes get offended when I take it out but it's not personal at all, I'm genuinely hooked on the stuff and think it enhances most dishes.

Twas a delicious brunch washed down with a tequila and lemon juice.

This evening will be homemade linguine with a sweet ass malbec. Love making fresh pasta whilst listening to Sinatra.

Its not this by any chance is it ?

0011210000018_3.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Its not this by any chance is it ?

0011210000018_3.JPG

It's actually the extra hot one:)

I just realized I posted a picture of empty Temple Bar earlier instead of my brunch too!

Here's a picture of my hot sauce collection at the moment... anyone else on here a hot sauce addict and if so, any recommendations?!

Advertisement