Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

tonight's dinner, a turkey burrito bowl was one of the nicest things I ever ate. few cans and some videogames to round the night out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

The oul potato gratin went well yesterday so I did again today with a striploin steak. 2 for 5 euro in Supervalu. Garlic spuddies and gratin for five quid. Happy out folks! I followed it with a Mr Kip Apple Bramley Pie. Bed now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I tired the Spice Box but had to add onions to it and it had no peppers or chilis? It was ok but the spice cut through my stomach after and I usually eat very hot food, I don't know if it was cooked out properly in an oven whereas usually it would be fried out on a wok. The calorie count is very high too but would only be eating it instead of a takeaway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Plastered, sitting on my couch typing with two hands, it takes a bit of getting used to. Spent the last 28 minutes staring at my reflection in the wall length mirror that adorns the east side of my hall. D-minor dizzy spells.

Drinking Powers on freezing cold ice with splashes of TK white lemonade, actually better than it sounds or reads, positively sculping them down, refreshing and nice. Zero heartburn and contemplating having a reefer.

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Plastered, sitting on my couch typing with two hands, it takes a bit of getting used to. Spent the last 28 minutes staring at my reflection in the wall length mirror that adorns the east side of my hall. D-minor dizzy spells.

Drinking Powers on freezing cold ice with splashes of TK white lemonade, actually better than it sounds or reads, positively sculping them down, refreshing and nice. Zero heartburn and contemplating having a reefer.

Whiskey gives me tragic hangovers, hope you don't get one. Enjoy the smoke.
    I drank half a bottle of Jameson with ginger and lime one night Jesus i was in bits the next day. Nice drink though.

• Advertisement

I drank half a bottle of Jameson with ginger and lime one night Jesus i was in bits the next day. Nice drink though.

The fizzy lemonade adds a nice kick and the whicky (s) (e) is very manageable, smooooth.

The joint is a complete concoction, squidgy leb, benson n hedges, mint snuff and shaves of homegrown purple dianaspora saved from a sports trip to Copenhagen around 27 years ago, very sentimental.

Munching on freshly home fried Morris Pipers', doused in sardine brine and beef dripping served in melted Somerset aged cheddar cheese with deep fried bacon lardons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Lunch of smashed avacado, crispy bacon, crumbled feta and poached eggs. Yummy 😋

There are hangovers and there are whiskey hangovers!

I'm making slow and low pulled pork for dinner. Gorgeous red wine juice but I'm tempted to pour one for myself too....one for piggy, one for me:)

Porklife wrote: »
    There are hangovers and there are whiskey hangovers!

I'm making slow and low pulled pork for dinner. Gorgeous red wine juice but I'm tempted to pour one for myself too....one for piggy, one for me:)

I'm having a beer after nights. People might say I'm crazy but I am worn to a thread. Are you a chef or were a chef?

I'm having a beer after nights. People might say I'm crazy but I am worn to a thread. Are you a chef or were a chef?

I did the Ballymaloe cookery course for 3 months and was placed in a restaurant for three months afterwards so I know my way around the kitchen but wouldn't call myself a chef. I just love food and cooking for people. I didn't enjoy getting screamed at for 12 hours a day and getting told 'you'll find out on payday" when I asked what my hourly rate was ðŸ™႒

• Advertisement

After a heavy enough night I am drowning my hangover in soluble Solpadeine , about 2000 mg since I rolled out of my lair at midday today, with severe dizzy spells and a half eaten cold barbecued drumstick in my left hand. I will deal with my bedroom later.

Glued to the couch comfort eating Keoghs Cheese and Onion Crisps and snacking on white toasted red cheddar cheese, onion and ham sambos, scorching hot, washed down with cold Club Rock Shandy. I am also pretending not to eat a packet of Bassets Wine Gums but checked the packet just there and realised there are only about 5 or 6 left, it happens.

Going to the chipper at 6 for fresh cod and chips with garlic sauce. Contemplating drinking options currently and I would not rule out cans later, Or_ more whiskey, at this stage it is just too early to be sure how that will pan out.

Snap..Keoghs here also and a huge bar of Wholenut.

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    After a heavy enough night I am drowning my hangover in soluble Solpadeine , about 2000 mg since I rolled out of my lair at midday today, with severe dizzy spells and a half eaten cold barbecued drumstick in my left hand. I will deal with my bedroom later.

Glued to the couch comfort eating Keoghs Cheese and Onion Crisps and snacking on white toasted red cheddar cheese, onion and ham sambos, scorching hot, washed down with cold Club Rock Shandy. I am also pretending not to eat a packet of Bassets Wine Gums but checked the packet just there and realised there are only about 5 or 6 left, it happens.

Going to the chipper at 6 for fresh cod and chips with garlic sauce. Contemplating drinking options currently and I would not rule out cans later, Or_ more whiskey, at this stage it is just too early to be sure how that will pan out.

Haha that's some image of you emerging from your filthy lair. I'm picturing a caveman type figure with a furry rug wrapped around you like Fred Flintstone.
    I have a friend who describes his hangovers as feeling like the contents of an ashtray in a grimy bedsit.
    Get the cure into ya.. it'll cure what ales ya and will then ail ya again but that's future Morons problem!

I'm sipping on an ice cold beer after a long ass week. Viva las Friday. Cheers folks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Alejandro68

Homemade mushroom and garlic soup. Now it is Vodka and orange juice.

Do you remember those Aldi breaded chicken mini fillets I posted about earlier in the week? I think it was Duvet Day who suggested putting them in a bun. Well today I had the BBQ version in the fridge. Cooked two of them and then put them on the bun over a base of mayo. Sprinkled grated cheddar on top and a squirt of BBQ sauce. Top bun on, wrapped it on foil and gave it a few mins the oven to meld it in some heat.

JAYSUS!

Massive altogether with a few spicy wedges on the side with a small salad. That was Brunch. Beer now. The ladies had Pizza and garlic bread for dinner. I'm weighing up the option at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,831 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Snap..Keoghs here also and a huge bar of Wholenut.

Just found one in the freezer 10 minutes ago, hard to bate.

Had a venison cheese burger made with crushed crackers, an egg, loads of garlic, red oinion and homemade chips washed down with a cold can of Bulmers.

Smirnoff and cranberry juice now with crushed ice.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

Just had some banana on toast my other half was looking at me with complete disgust

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

js35 wrote: »
    Just had some banana on toast my other half was looking at me with complete disgust

I love banana on toast! But it's gotta be a very slightly green banana and real butter on the toast.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

I love banana on toast! But it's gotta be a very slightly green banana and real butter on the toast.

Oh definitely real butter and either the greenish or overripe bananas for me 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Having some leftover Beef Chilli with spicy rice and a few cans.

• Advertisement

Homemade mushroom and garlic soup. Now it is Vodka and orange juice.

Recipe bitte!

js35 wrote: »

Js...you sir, make me sick and I bid you good day..
    Bananas are the devil's turd:)
    I have almost a phobia of them...the way the weird skin flakes freaks me out and the texture..barf

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭VW 1

Had chicken enchiladas handed to me by herself, made with tomatoes and chilli's from the father in law's garden. Very fiery. Will wash down with a couple of beers and some TV.

I did the Ballymaloe cookery course for 3 months and was placed in a restaurant for three months afterwards so I know my way around the kitchen but wouldn't call myself a chef. I just love food and cooking for people. I didn't enjoy getting screamed at for 12 hours a day and getting told 'you'll find out on payday" when I asked what my hourly rate was ðŸ™႒
    Ha ha that about sums it up alright. Though later on wages do improve.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

German food via Lidl Alpenfest!

Sausage, sauerkraut, fried potatoes.

I used Coleman's mustard, the German mustards are too sweet.

IMG-20200912-004440.jpg

igCorcaigh wrote: »

The sauerkraut is lovely, very thin cut and not too sour. Sausages are very nice too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Ha, I got bangers and mash handed to me a few hours ago. Then I open the thread and look what's peering back at me... the poor pigs are doomed. :D

Another thing I got from Lidl.

On the packet, it is called bauerbraten, but could it mean Sauerbraten?

Sliced meat, but found it a bit bland.

igCorcaigh wrote: »

I used Coleman's mustard, the German mustards are too sweet.

IMG-20200912-004440.jpg

Where are the sausages from, they look great. I lived in Berlin for years and often wondered how the death rate isn't higher. The food is abysmal, like seriously inedible. They wouldn't know a vegetable if it hit them in the face. It's a diet based on sauerkraut (vile pickled cabbage... extremely unhealthy to pickle things) and sausages. I found it really difficult to eat well and at one stage I dropped to about 7 stone and I'm slight to begin with.
    Somehow though, the people in general are gorgeous looking! Slim, glowing skin etc. How do they not have scurvy?! Lads come back from a weekend over there looking like the grim reaper!

Oh my dish last night was an absolute mess...back on topic:)...think I...eh... overcooked it... slightly...just slightly mind..

It smells like poison and reminds me of when Jeremy cooked the dog in Peep show:)

• Advertisement

Where are the sausages from, they look great. I lived in Berlin for years and often wondered how the death rate isn't higher. The food is abysmal, like seriously inedible. They wouldn't know a vegetable if it hit them in the face. It's a diet based on sauerkraut (vile pickled cabbage... extremely unhealthy to pickle things) and sausages. I found it really difficult to eat well and at one stage I dropped to about 7 stone and I'm slight to begin with.
    Somehow though, the people in general are gorgeous looking! Slim, glowing skin etc. How do they not have scurvy?! Lads come back from a weekend over there looking like the grim reaper!

Oh my dish last night was an absolute mess...back on topic:)...think I...eh... overcooked it... slightly...just slightly mind..

It smells like poison and reminds me of when Jeremy cooked the dog in Peep show:)

I'd love a currywurst and fries though.

Advertisement