Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,831 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

You just reminded me there was a Fry's Peppermint Cream in the freezer, was being the operative word.

Years since I had one, very tasty.

One more night cap, early start tomorrow.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Still on the rice with tomato, onion, dill, lemon juice buzz with fish.

I think my next phase might be German style, sausage with sauerkraut and mustard.

Smoked fish with rye bread and pickles also feels good to me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭1990sman

bulmers and chicken sandwiches here. no need to glam it up.

Smoked coley fried in butter with dill and sumac is buried in there with butter basmati rice and beetroot tomato salad and raw onion.

IMG-20200908-012055.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

liquid caffeine..old folk multivit and turmeric.

Planning to harvest fresh greens and maybe even potatoes WHEN it finally gets light IF it ever does!

• Advertisement

Venison stew, just three and a half more hours of slow cooking left......

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Making Spag Bol today with garlic bread.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭bitofabind

I'm WFH in the family home in the wesssht of Ireland and my Dad keeps bringing me in coffee and treats. I've had chocolate digestives and a truckload of Quality Streets so far today ("shur they're only 5 quid in Lidl!")

"Fat b@stard" mode activated.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Sulking on a mini packet of fig rolls I stole from the boardroom.

I received an unmerciful verbal beating from the CEO at this mornings quarterly SMT. Followed by a cold prolonged stare. It was a very uncomfortable moment.

The meeting included a video call from an important client who manufactures contact lenses in Seoul ,S Korea. I developed severe bellyache after he announced,

" dewing rees haad thimes , we awl hav two twy much much haada"

I could not trust myself to hold much down after that, even the CEO couldn't keep it together.

Takeaway later.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

It's a low budget dinner this evening. Breaded mini chicken fillets from Aldi. Salad from Aldi. Sweet chilli sauce from Aldi. Chunky chips from Supervalu own brand. Whole thing worked out at less than 2 quid a head and was great.

IMG-20200908-162846.jpg

• Advertisement

Dearest part of this dinner was the crusty roll that's not in the picture and cost 25 cent...

Dearest part of this dinner was the crusty roll that's not in the picture and cost 25 cent...

And the License fee to kill the meat, surely that has to be factored in.:D Looks delish. Venison is good meat. I brought a tin of it home from Russia a few years ago. Seen it shot, skinned and tinned. No label on the tin either.:eek:

Grandeeod wrote: »
    And the License fee to kill the meat, surely that has to be factored in.:D Looks delish. Venison is good meat. I brought a tin of it home from Russia a few years ago. Seen it shot, skinned and tinned. No label on the tin either.:eek:

Licence is free, bullet cost about a euro alright.

Can't beat the venison, healthiest meat of the lot.

Crept up on this fella just after dawn this morning, a right poser..

Aldi knock off version of Turkish delight. A big bar for 97 cent. Cadbury's can fook off!:D

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Still on the rice with tomato, onion, dill, lemon juice buzz with fish.

I think my next phase might be German style, sausage with sauerkraut and mustard.

Smoked fish with rye bread and pickles also feels good to me now.

Can anyone on here recommend where to get decent quality German food (for home cooking)?

I'll go with the sauerkraut I can get from local producers on Neighbourfood.

Can any of the Lidl or Aldi German meat sausage be trusted?

It's a low budget dinner this evening. Breaded mini chicken fillets from Aldi. Salad from Aldi. Sweet chilli sauce from Aldi. Chunky chips from Supervalu own brand. Whole thing worked out at less than 2 quid a head and was great.

IMG-20200908-162846.jpg

Those chicken fillets are gorgeous, also the chicken goujons from the same range, I buy them every week and put them in the brioche burger buns, I add grated cheese, coleslaw, onions and their taco sauce, honestly I'd be delighted if I got it served to me in a restaurant, so nice.

Can those chicken fillets be fried or grilled?

My oven is banjaxed. Makes smoke.

Nice salad too, I have raw onion with nearly everything I eat.

More of the same... Fish with potato and salad.

IMG-20200909-011747.jpg

Same here, I love raw onion, put it into most of my sandwiches and also lovely just with mash, butter and salt.

I put the chicken in the oven but I'm sure you could fry also,low and slow to be on the safe side.

Coffee and Cadbury Wholenut here, just a few squares. ☺️

Says oven only. But you can airfry if you have one as it's basically an oven of sorts.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

This might be a really stupid question, but have you tried giving it a deep clean?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Fasting, 24 hrs.

I am allowed water and tea.

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Fasting, 24 hrs.

I am allowed water and tea.

Stay off this thread tonight so!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Stay off this thread tonight so!

Ah come on now! It does say " drinking"! A good fast is grand for the body and mind

This might be a really stupid question, but have you tried giving it a deep clean?

I have, but it's too old and the bottom part is leaking. I live in rented accommodation, must get onto the landlord...

I can still grill, so I like using pita bread to improvise for pizza, which is what I will have today!

Grub done. Roast chicken, gravy, peas, carrots, roast spuds and garlic and cheese potato gratin. It's time for Wednesday night beers and Zoom.

IMG-20200909-163954.jpg

I have, but it's too old and the bottom part is leaking. I live in rented accommodation, must get onto the landlord...

I can still grill, so I like using pita bread to improvise for pizza, which is what I will have today!

Buy an Aifryer if you can. You won't regret it. I rarely use my oven.

Buy an Aifryer if you can. You won't regret it. I rarely use my oven.

No space unfortunately!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Jack Cuthbert's brown bread, salad tomato, spring onion, smoked ham and Charleville cheese toasted with light mayo.

• Advertisement

Smoked mackerel with pickles, rye bread, salad.

IMG-20200909-215353.jpg

Advertisement