Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Had a bowl of stew that I cooked yesterday. Delicious.
    Now having an impromptu glass of wine (spur of the moment purchase on the way home earlier) with some Pringles.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,833 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Prep of burgers done, mince, red onion, an egg, a few crushed cream crackers, salt, white pepper, black pepper, chinese 5 spice, honey and mustard dressing all mixed together. Topped with olive oil and into the fridge now for 2 hours.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

About to have chicken stew , well sort of stew made up from the cooked chicken :)

Homemade cheeseburger in a brioche bun with salad, coleslaw, some oven chips and a cold Bulmers. A doddle of a dinner once the burgers were made, just throw them and the chips in the oven at the same time and sip a nice aperitif. Note the extra snaky slice of cheddar on my burger that herself didn't cop.

The young lad is gone to his friends house with a few Bulmers and the big Kahuna burger will be served to him when he gets back so he doesn't have a hangover from his 3 cans and he'll be able to cut the grass tomorrow morning.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Had a Mushroom and Chicken vol au vent with sausages and chicken wings and chips. Yum yum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,907 ✭✭✭trashcan

Grandeeod wrote: »
    I'm happy with the size of my Striploin this evening. A few minutes ago it was served with mushrooms, spicy wedges and Franks sauce. All gone now.

Striploin.jpg

Flip that over the other way and it almost looks like a map of Ireland:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

A bar of Fry's Turkisk Delight - Lemon. Limited edition.

Massive.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭Archeron

Grandeeod wrote: »
    A bar of Fry's Turkisk Delight - Lemon. Limited edition.

Massive.

Ha, I'm eating a strawberry Frys chocolate cream. I saw the lemon Turkish with them in dealz and went for the Frys, they are also fecking massive. Now I must go back to dealz and make purchases of both.

Archeron wrote: »
    Ha, I'm eating a strawberry Frys chocolate cream. I saw the lemon Turkish with them in dealz and went for the Frys, they are also fecking massive. Now I must go back to dealz and make purchases of both.

Stocked up in Dealz myself today. Fry's, Fry's and all kinds! No traditional dinner here today. Ms G had a homemade bunburger and fries. Mrs G had a baguette with tuna and egg mayo. I made a beef stirfry and rice. I took a piece of beef out of the freezer for tomorrow. The additions are all set to go. Chilling with a beer now.

That shagging Dealz has a lot to answer for, the young lad was in there last week and besides other stuff he picked up some Biscoff spread that has turned him into a late night toast monster and myself and his mother into breadless midweek breakfasters which is rather inconvenient when our workday breakfast is a boiled egg and toast.

He's growing mad in fairness, he'll be towering over the teachers when he goes back next week, big beard on him too.

• Advertisement

We're gone mad for the frys from Dealz also, we've tried them all but I'm just buying the original and orange ones now, I also like the raspberry ones but prefer the other two.
    I've eaten a complete mix of food today, overdid it big time last night so feeding the hangover all day and still feel awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭Archeron

We're gone mad for the frys from Dealz also, we've tried them all but I'm just buying the original and orange ones now, I also like the raspberry ones but prefer the other two.
    I've eaten a complete mix of food today, overdid it big time last night so feeding the hangover all day and still feel awful.

I honestly thought I was the only person on earth who bought those Frys bars. Original and strawberry for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,235 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Archeron wrote: »
    I honestly thought I was the only person on earth who bought those Frys bars. Original and strawberry for me :)

Original and Peppermint for me :)

Had a beautiful cottage pie for dinner and a choc ice for dessert :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

A large caramel latte from Costa.

Sausages and mash with some of yesterdays beef gravy and the obligatory peas for a bit of colour on the plate.

Hard to bate on a Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,235 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Scrambled egg and toast now but had a sweet and sour pork with rice for lunch :)

A lovely piece of eye of the round beef cooked low and slow. The knife just glided through it with ease. No need for an electric carving knife with this baby! Creamy mash, stuffing, mushy peas and beef gravy on the side.

IMG-20200831-163909.jpg

Warm scone out of the oven with homemade blackberry jam.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Warm scone out of the oven with homemade blackberry jam.

Used to love going "blacka" picking with my parents when I was young. They turned them into jam, but with no pectin or sugar, so it was a thin, quite tart jam. Lovely.

Just soak them first, all the little buggy things float to the top!

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Used to love going "blacka" picking with my parents when I was young. They turned them into jam, but with no pectin or sugar, so it was a thin, quite tart jam. Lovely.

No pectin used here, sugar alright 1-3 by weight of blacka's and a bit of lemon juice.

• Advertisement

A cold can of Rockshore cider before bed. It's been a long day.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,369 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

The only good thing about having plenty of briars around the place
    Just after finishing off a couple of burritos, hmm , chilli

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

Innocent Tropical Juice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

I had really delicious blackberry ice cream last year and had forgotten how good they tasted, the one thing that used to put me off the jam though was the enormous amount of pips but I suppose they could be served out at some point along the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Tomato soup with Brown soda bread .

Fruit salad, pineapple, apple, grapes, melon.

A microwaved beef stroganoff from Tesco that cost 4.50 with microwaved egg fried rice, some feed for about a fiver.

A few of their Belgian Profiteroles now to finish off, it's a good job I only get to Tesco a few times a year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Alejandro68

A humble gin and tonic. Forget what number I am on but at least I will sleep good tonight!

Broccoli carrot and peanut salad. Interesting to say the least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Had roast chicken and chips with curry sauce.

Advertisement