Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Beef roulade

I had to Google that, sounds delicious!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,087 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

VW 1 wrote: »
    Smoked coley here, with baby potatoes in butter and long stem broccoli, onions and tomatoes on the side.

Grandeeod, no idea how you manage takeaways while cooking, ifnmy 6 year old senses any type of takeaway he'd down tools on dinner and not let me away with it!

Ah its easy. Believe it or not they prefer my cooking/food to takeaways. Ms G has no interest in Chinese takeaway or chipper food. Doesn't like the burgers or sausages or chicken Goujons they serve. Don't blame her.:D That said Mrs G will partake.:D The only takeaway they really like is a pizza because my alternative is a frozen Goodfellas job.:D We never did the takeaway thing to any great degree anyway.

I'm certainly no health freak, but I always liked to do better versions of fast food at home by buying decent ingredients and I guess they got spoiled by it. The Air Fryer has been a great addition over the last year too. I'm going through a phase of being sick of cooking so a Chinese takeaway after a few scoops suits me now and again. I've had around 10 in the last 6 months. Hoping to get my mojo back soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,828 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    I had to Google that, sounds delicious!

I cheated tbh igCorcaigh , local butcher sells it already sliced and ready to go into the oven . Which is really handy as you can get as many or as little as you like .
    It was gorgeous , crisp pastry tender beef .

I have never cooked edible beef ,its a shame because my gang love it.

Not hungry at all today so just picking at things out of boredom. I might make a bowl of porridge later with strawberries as I have a mind for that , the gang just got a chipper takeaway and I didn't even have one chip, that's a first for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,844 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Sunday special, (counting down the days until the beef becomes venison again).

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

No pic coz I know I will make a balls of it but I am having tescos big, thick, juicy honey and mustard sausages with Kerry gold , salty , peppery mash with black pudding crumbled and fried with onions.

For afters I will he having mashed bannana sugar and cream with broken cadburys flake.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

That looks delicious 😋

I have never cooked edible beef ,its a shame because my gang love it.

Not hungry at all today so just picking at things out of boredom. I might make a bowl of porridge later with strawberries as I have a mind for that , the gang just got a chipper takeaway and I didn't even have one chip, that's a first for me.

Beef is easy DD. Low and slow. In a bag for the inexperienced and your butcher will help. Wrapped in foil works a treat too. I learned to cook it because my mother couldn't cook it.:eek:

Looks great RG. I have a nice slab in the freezer. I'll surprise the house with it at some point.
    No pic coz I know I will make a balls of it but I am having tescos big, thick, juicy honey and mustard sausages with Kerry gold , salty , peppery mash with black pudding crumbled and fried with onions.

For afters I will he having mashed bannana sugar and cream with broken cadburys flake.

I've stopped the pics because my phone acts the fcuk when I connect to my laptop. But your grub tastes great without pics.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,447 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

I have never cooked edible beef ,its a shame because my gang love it....

I am the same (sigh).

Thai Green Chicken Curry and Chips just in the front window. Made my own Tilda Basmati rice. Gonna mill it and then ponder life!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Chicken Burger with Chips and gougons and garlic sauce. And now for the cans I was too tired to drink last night.

Chicken Burger with Chips and gougons and garlic sauce. And now for the cans I was too tired to drink last night.

I'm out of food and cans.:D Away to bed. Watch that chipper food.:D

Big bag of McDonnell's crisps and a few glasses of sauvignon.

Grandeeod wrote: »
    I'm out of food and cans.:D Away to bed. Watch that chipper food.:D

but I love chipper food :D

but I love chipper food :D

Love smoked cod and chips. Onion rings too. Desperately trying to avoid it, but by jaysus I'm close to giving in!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭VW 1

Received a few stalks of rhubarb from the father in law's garden, so stewed that and made a vanilla custard. That is being washed down by a bottle of red. Lovely lazy Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Roast beef, carrots and pease with mashed potatoes and gravy :)

Mint cornetto for dessert :D

The striploins were small so I got two, the gratin potatoes were melt in the mouth and full of flavour. Nice glass of red with it.

Some fancy dark chocolate to finish it off, herself didn't have any wine as she has to drive in the morning so I'll probably have to finish it myself. She's a keeper.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

The striploins were small so I got two, the gratin potatoes were melt in the mouth and full of flavour. Nice glass of red with it.

Some fancy dark chocolate to finish it off, herself didn't have any wine as she has to drive in the morning so I'll probably have to finish it myself. She's a keeper.

I'm happy with the size of my Striploin this evening. A few minutes ago it was served with mushrooms, spicy wedges and Franks sauce. All gone now.

Striploin.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Had an amazing roast beef dinner this evening in a lovely Hotel :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

mmmmm.

I roasted a chicken yesterday so today I had leftover carnivore dinner -

torn strips of chicken lightly fried in sesamae seed oil with McDonnel spicy bag spices shaken over it, chilis and raw onions and salt lightly fried in! Delicious! Not too healthy but yum.

I had one of those old fashioned pink & white bars of nougat as desert/starter. Feeling good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Alejandro68

Baked Salmon,peas,and cornbread.And now having a gin and tonic!

mmmmm.

I roasted a chicken yesterday so today I had leftover carnivore dinner -

torn strips of chicken lightly fried in sesamae seed oil with McDonnel spicy bag spices shaken over it, chilis and raw onions and salt lightly fried in! Delicious! Not too healthy but yum.

I had one of those old fashioned pink & white bars of nougat as desert/starter. Feeling good!

I did a roast chicken a few days ago with roast spuds and trimmings. As usual I love it because for lunch the nest day I always have the legs/thighs with chips and leftover gravy. Basic but memorable. The old chicken and chips days!
    Baked Salmon,peas,and cornbread.And now having a gin and tonic!

What I'd give for a Gin and Tonic right now. Gotta be good tonight.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Alejandro68

Grandeeod wrote: »
    I did a roast chicken a few days ago with roast spuds and trimmings. As usual I love it because for lunch the nest day I always have the legs/thighs with chips and leftover gravy. Basic but memorable. The old chicken and chips days!

What I'd give for a Gin and Tonic right now. Gotta be good tonight.:D

Long overdue!But I am to be up early for a trip to the Burren!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Steak, mixed veg and fried rice for dinner

Roast chicken with honey and mustard, gravy from same over boiled baby potatoes and some of the gratin potatoes from yesterday all served with the obligatory peas.

Plenty boiled baby potatoes left over to be re cooked tomorrow, frozen orange Kit Kat for dessert with a glass of red wine.

Jesus Christ, will we ever again see the days where we had a few pints in the pub after work before the dinner? Or the the few pints at the weekend?

I really miss those days but it must be an awful lot harder for the older lads I know that have no family and no idea what the internet is, we live in hope.

Roast chicken with honey and mustard, gravy from same over boiled baby potatoes and some of the gratin potatoes from yesterday all served with the obligatory peas.

Plenty boiled baby potatoes left over to be re cooked tomorrow, frozen orange Kit Kat for dessert with a glass of red wine.

Jesus Christ, will we ever again see the days where we had a few pints in the pub after work before the dinner? Or the the few pints at the weekend?

I really miss those days but it must be an awful lot harder for the older lads I know that have no family and no idea what the internet is, we live in hope.

I miss the few pints on a Sunday evening before the dinner. I'd usually serve up the ladies and have mine on the return, bit of telly or internet and then the leaba.

Also miss the early Friday few pints with Mrs G and then home with a Chinese takeaway.

Tonight is a nervy night in the G house as its a school restart in the morning. Mrs G roasted a chicken crown with spuds earlier for herself and Ms G. They had beans with it. Don't ask.:eek: I did a Phil Hogan by stopping in Kildare earlier just off the M7 and grabbed a nice dish from a fave Chinese takeaway. I'll resign tomorrow.:D

Got Ms G out to her first day in Secondary school. Then me and Mrs G came home for our first "just the two of us" breakfast in nearly 6 months. Honey and Mustard sausages, rashers, white pudding and baked beans. I had no mushrooms or eggs in stock, but it was tasty.

IMG-20200828-103503.jpg

Picked Ms G up at 1pm and she begged for a Burger King which she hadn't had since the start of July as we passed our local one. A couple of hours later it was a Chicken Royale meal, a Whopper meal and a Hamburger meal. Officially our first fast food sit down thing since March. Ms G was delighted with herself. I'm stuffed. Having an early beer as I have to drive a distance tomorrow and I reckon the leftovers from my takeaway last night will also be consumed later!

Had Crispy Chicken Wings in Franks and Blue Cheese dip today. Have a rake of cans in the fridge and me aul pal dropping in. Happy Friday!!

• Advertisement

Cod, some deep fried halved baby potatoes, grated cheese, gravy, a fried egg and peas with a cold can of Bulmers.

Second cold Bulmers now with a packet of Cadbury chocolate fingers out of the freezer which will not last long.

Advertisement