Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Yeah, I seem far more into the idea of food than my OH chef is, but isn't that understandable when all you do everyday is cook food for someone!

I guess there are benefits in cooking for one, great freedom, but I tend to live on quick picnic type food rather than full dinners.

As I said, pure lazy.

I had 6 (no 8) petit filous today just as part of 'lunch' :o

• Registered Users Posts: 13,447 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Protein powder in my coffee (am out of milk).

and may I say...
    it's disgusting

Just had a gorgeous juicy pear, haven't had one in yonks and picked them up on a whim in Centra a few days ago as part of a 3 for 2e deal. There's 4 in the pack and they stay very green but felt soft today so I just tried one,honestly they're like the pears from the old days,so juicy.I also got a bag of apples and salad potatoes as part of that deal, definitely recommend them.
    Very little else eaten so today but I'm thinking takeaway later and fancy a chipper rather than pizza . Nearly wine time tf.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,087 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Loin of pork. Roast spuds, peas, carrots and apple sauce. Hic!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Treated ourselves to a meal out this evening in one of our local's that we would have usually been in at least once a week before all this chaos hit us.

It was our second time in there since the start of March but after reading about those scum that are running the country and their golf convention session away in a hotel the three of us decided f*ck this, we are entitled to be served for a change.

We booked for a time that we knew would be quiet and were treated like royalty, the owners and staff are actually friends of ours that we haven't seen or spoken to for ages.

The three of us enjoyed a lovely meal in a totally safe environment and I had three slow pints of beautiful draught Guinness over the hour and a half.

It felt good, tasted good and was justified.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭VW 1

Fair play Rows, enjoying a meal out and supporting a local business at the same time, no doubt in as safe an environment as possible.

This evening I made a lovely pasta dish, tomato and red pepper sauce, with onions, garlic and cayenne pepper. Blitzed all of that to smooth (herself doesn't like the texture of cooked tomato or peppers, but loves the flavour) and added in boiled asparagus spears and frozen peas. Added the pasta then too, was delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭jellybear

Homemade apple crumble and ice cream :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Got Singapore fried noodles from the Chinese. Followed by a rake of cans. Happy Friday!!!

Got Singapore fried noodles from the Chinese. Followed by a rake of cans. Happy Friday!!!

That's a decent night!

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

Apple Sponge and a mug o Barry's Tae

• Advertisement

Bit of variety this evening to shake things up, a bacon cheeseburger in a brioche bun, some hot spicy chicken wings, cheese nachos with salsa sauce on the side and homemade chips.

Washed down with a cold Perlenbacher Weissbier and then a melt in the mouth salted caramel pudding for dessert.

That's it now until the big Sunday brekkies in the morning. Will have another few Weissbiers though.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Bit of variety this evening to shake things up, a bacon cheeseburger in a brioche bun, some hot spicy chicken wings, cheese nachos with salsa sauce on the side and homemade chips.

Washed down with a cold Perlenbacher Weissbier and then a melt in the mouth salted caramel pudding for dessert.

That's it now until the big Sunday brekkies in the morning. Will have another few Weissbiers though.

Savage feed there RG. I'm having a few scoops here. Mrs G had a Chicken wrap, rocket and spicy wedges with sweet chili sauce. Ms G had a chicken fillet burger with chunky chips. Hoping Mrs G opens her bottle of wine to join me in a drink. I'm having Striploin steak, sauteed mushrooms and chunky chips later. Not sure what sauce yet. Could be just gravy!

No big brekkie tomorrow as I went mad this morning watching the rain piss down. Four rashers and four slices of white pudding and a fried egg in a toasted sandwich. Jaysus it was mighty.:D

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Savage feed there RG. I'm having a few scoops here. Mrs G had a Chicken wrap, rocket and spicy wedges with sweet chili sauce. Ms G had a chicken fillet burger with chunky chips. Hoping Mrs G opens her bottle of wine to join me in a drink. I'm having Striploin steak, sauteed mushrooms and chunky chips later. Not sure what sauce yet. Could be just gravy!

No big brekkie tomorrow as I went mad this morning watching the rain piss down. Four rashers and four slices of white pudding and a fried egg in a toasted sandwich. Jaysus it was mighty.:D

I know that feeling only too well, on a Saturday evening I always just open it anyway and pour a glass for herself before I serve dinner.

Enjoy that steak.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Random odd foods. Maybe this is why I have no friends.

Poached kippers with flatbread, beetroot hummous, lime pickle, onions with Korean chilli.

All out of greens.

Tastes better than it looks.

IMG-20200822-224347.jpg

The onions were good though.

Good spoon of Korean chilli flakes
    Sesame oil
    White wine vinegar but Shaouxing would be better.
    Sugar or mirin, which I did not have.

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    The onions were good though.

Good spoon of Korean chilli flakes
    Sesame oil
    White wine vinegar but Shaouxing would be better.
    Sugar or mirin, which I did not have.

Did you make or buy the beetroot hummus? I love beetroot and adore onions, haven't had kippers in years but might pick them up this week.

Just had another pear, I'm hooked, so juicy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭wildwillow

I will make some beetroot hummus today. Had forgotten about it and have lots of beetroot. Thanks, igCorcaigh, (which is where I should be but am locked down)

Did you make or buy the beetroot hummus? I love beetroot and adore onions, haven't had kippers in years but might pick them up this week.

Just had another pear, I'm hooked, so juicy.

Bought the beetroot hummous from Dunnes.
    Fresh pears are the job!

Full Irish, mostly from the airfyer, with a mug of tea.

Good for the day now until the roast beef about 5ish, I love Sundays.

That's the final straw, you're now on my ignore list.😛

Coffee, madeira cake and butter.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Avocado on toast and a cupan tae.

That's the final straw, you're now on my ignore list.��

Coffee, madeira cake and butter.

It's a shame that you'll never know those sausages were honey and mustard flavoured and the mushrooms were fried in butter.

Ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

I had Mexican baked eggs with a variety of hot sauces - extra hot tobassco Franks, ultimate terror made with ghost chillies. I think I'm addicted to hot sauce!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 MzMurfy

Coddle, I'm feeling quite autumny today! Made a big pot of it, hopefully I leave enough to freeze for during the week.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Porklife wrote: »
    I had Mexican baked eggs with a variety of hot sauces - extra hot tobassco Franks, ultimate terror made with ghost chillies. I think I'm addicted to hot sauce!

*slides plate over*

Porklife wrote: »

I got a sneaky jalapeno in my Nacho's the other night and I thought I'd have to inhale the fire extinguisher.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,828 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Beef roulades, carrot and parsnip mash and roast potatoes .

The Chef has the pork steak on.

It's a shame that you'll never know those sausages were honey and mustard flavoured and the mushrooms were fried in butter.

Ah well.

Fry up wise I do the sausages and pudding in the Air Fryer. I grill the rashers, but mushrooms and eggs in the pan. Honey and mushroom sausies are the dogs bol...:D Ms G not into them. She'll appreciate them eventually. Me and Mrs G swear by them when my local butcher makes them, which is not always.
    Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Beef roulades, carrot and parsnip mash and roast potatoes .

I can visualize that. Cutting into the beef and all that magic pouring out. Lovely!

This evening in our humble house, it was an unplanned affair. Due to myself and Mrs G getting tipsy last night, I forget to take the chicken fillets out of the freezer. A chicken casserole with mash was the plan. So the girls decided on sausages, beans, chips and bread and butter. I obliged. I'm treating myself to a takeaway after a few beers. I miss my few pints on a Sunday evening, but I'm happy to adapt.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭VW 1

Smoked coley here, with baby potatoes in butter and long stem broccoli, onions and tomatoes on the side.

Grandeeod, no idea how you manage takeaways while cooking, ifnmy 6 year old senses any type of takeaway he'd down tools on dinner and not let me away with it!

Advertisement