Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018 Law Firm Milkrounds

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Aoibhin511

Does anyone know what the ByrneWallace interview process is like? I know it’s a panel interview with competency based questions but does anyone have any insight into what type of questions are asked? Also is it one or two rounds? Thanks

All I know is that the panel interview is new for them this year, it used to be individual.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 LegallyBlonde2

Aoibhin511 wrote: »
    All I know is that the panel interview is new for them this year, it used to be individual.

It was a panel interview aswell last year! you introduce yourself (background/hobbies etc), then you give examples of situations where you used two of the following skills; organisation and planning skills, team work, decision making or initiative. then they asked why did you choose to study law and why did you apply to ByrneWallace

That was the format last year, it might be the same this year

• Registered Users Posts: 26 lamacg95

ByrneWallace interview offers are being made by phone now. I just got the call there but declined the interview as I got lucky with A&L and accepted that offer.
    Congrats on getting an offer!! Just wondering is the offer subject to any conditions, i.e work references, college transcripts etc. or is it just a straight up offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 legaltraineex

lamacg95 wrote: »
    Congrats on getting an offer!! Just wondering is the offer subject to any conditions, i.e work references, college transcripts etc. or is it just a straight up offer?

It’s conditional on references being in order and grades as stated in the application

• Registered Users Posts: 17 law8

Have people still not heard anything from Matheson ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 lolo97

Has anyone heard back from Amoss yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭fe1hunzo

law8 wrote: »
    Have people still not heard anything from Matheson ?

Nothing yet from them or a few others. Really though we would hear back today?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 keightlaw

fe1hunzo wrote: »
    Nothing yet from them or a few others. Really though we would hear back today?

Got an interview offer around 2:30 via email.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭starbar91

keightlaw wrote: »
    Got an interview offer around 2:30 via email.

have many others got interview offers? i've received nothing so presume it's a PFO

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭kasey0123

starbar91 wrote: »
    have many others got interview offers? i've received nothing so presume it's a PFO

Got an invite to interview round 2:30 aswell

• Advertisement

Out of interest has anyone had an offer already? And is still going to interview with other firms?

It’s conditional on references being in order and grades as stated in the application

Do you send these before acceptance ? Seems strange they’d wait almost a year to maybe then rescind ..

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭nailforhammer

kasey0123 wrote: »
    Do you send these before acceptance ? Seems strange they’d wait almost a year to maybe then rescind ..

They only look for the grades you submitted in your application. As in they don't wait to see any grades you are going to receive in the coming year.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 lamacg95

They only look for the grades you submitted in your application. As in they don't wait to see any grades you are going to receive in the coming year.
    Even leaving cert?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Dave2789

Anyone know what the McCann and Dillon Eustace interviews entail? Are there case studies we have to discuss or is it more of a straight chat?

Has anyone ever interviewed with WF before ? What are they like ?

Has anyone ever interviewed with WF before ? What are they like ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 legalbeagle

Is anyone awaiting ByrneWallace offer or heard back to confirm unsuccessful? Just wondering if they're still i n the process of ringing back

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭rightytighty

MHC interviews are out

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Toga Stroll

MHC interviews are out

Phone or email?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭fe1hunzo

Pinsent Mason interviews out too by emails

Anyone have any experience or know what to expect from Pinsent Masons assessment centres?

Anyone have any experience or know what to expect from Pinsent Masons assessment centres?

Dave2789 wrote: »
    Anyone know what the McCann and Dillon Eustace interviews entail? Are there case studies we have to discuss or is it more of a straight chat?

I had one with Dillon Eustace today. It's literally just a discussion of your application? Why law? What did you do when you worked at X company? How did you demonstrate team work through the extra curricular activities you listed in your application? That sort of thing. They interview a large number of candidates and so keep the interviews brief. Mine was 20 minutes.

keightlaw wrote: »

Well unless they interviewed with them in the UK I don't think anyone has. They only set up the Dublin office this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭rightytighty

What current affairs are people prepping?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 coolusername95

Has anyone heard anything back from Hayes or Beauchamps?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Pyggg

Has anyone had their interview with McCann’s?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Toga Stroll

Any word from AMOSS still? Has anyone emailed them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Aoibhin511

kasey0123 wrote: »
    Out of interest has anyone had an offer already? And is still going to interview with other firms?

I got an offer last week and went to two more interviews yesterday as I had already arranged them. Have been offered two other interviews but I think I will decline them since I accepted the first offer today.

Advertisement