Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018 Law Firm Milkrounds

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Toga Stroll

Still no word from DWF? Or Hayes?

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Vegetarian2017

I heard dwf already sent offers

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Vegetarian2017

Anyone apply to pinsent mason and know what the salary is?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭fe1hunzo

It’s on their website???

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Blazedup

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 Insta92

Anyone heard from Beauchamps as of yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 FE!student

Insta92 wrote: »

No, I haven't heard anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 FE!student

Has anyone ever attended this event in the Law Society on finding a training contract? It's coming up at the end of January.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Katelawstu

Insta92 wrote: »

Never heard anything from them at all. Did you get an interview?

Also anyone hear anything from AMOSS? It's been 2 months now nearly!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

A&L are hiring extra trainees. Deadline is 21st January

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭nailforhammer

A&L are hiring extra trainees. Deadline is 21st January

Start date is 1 April 2019. FE1 results for March sitting won't be out by then so you'd need to have all of the FE1s done to apply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Gryffindor

Slightly off topic, but still re Milkrounds:

Out of curiosity, what's the average grade to get into a top tier firm? And does consistency matter?
    I'm in third year and while on course to get a first overall, I've had quite inconsistent grades (my last two were 58 and 73). In anyone's experience, do you think this matters?

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭LawGirl3434

Gryffindor wrote: »
    Slightly off topic, but still re Milkrounds:

Out of curiosity, what's the average grade to get into a top tier firm? And does consistency matter?
    I'm in third year and while on course to get a first overall, I've had quite inconsistent grades (my last two were 58 and 73). In anyone's experience, do you think this matters?

I got Matheson with a 2.1 in my undergrad and a 1.1 in my masters if that’s any use - in all honesty they weren’t massively interested in either! They did talk about my LC results (560) but otherwise academics weren’t mentioned.

Mainly were interested in my work experience and my people skills - any work experience I discussed or was asked about, they would ask how it made me feel, how I thought the other person was feeling, what was the conflict, etc

Hope that’s of some use!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭ArthurDayne

Anyone care to give a second opinion on Matheson vs A&L Goodbody ? It seems they are fairly evenly matched -- A&L seem to fare slightly better in the rankings on Legal 500 / Chambers but Matheson I've heard have a pretty solid culture for a big firm, and they have a pretty stellar international client list.

Is it just six of one, half a dozen of the other?

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭LawGirl3434

Anyone care to give a second opinion on Matheson vs A&L Goodbody ? It seems they are fairly evenly matched -- A&L seem to fare slightly better in the rankings on Legal 500 / Chambers but Matheson I've heard have a pretty solid culture for a big firm, and they have a pretty stellar international client list.

Is it just six of one, half a dozen of the other?

This is something that I’d be really interested to hear more about. I’m from a non Law background myself and had just sort of decided the “big five”’were all equal enough - a little like the “big four” in the accounting world. However, in my interviews I heard mention of the “big three” and people got very into who was better.

Would be interested to hear what people think on your query!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lawgirl567

Hey guys,

I'm wondering if anyone who was called for the A&L Goodbody second wave of interviews this week has heard anything back or knows when we can expect to hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭jus_me

has anyone attended the Byrne Wallace interview or done the skills test?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Toga Stroll

jus_me wrote: »
    has anyone attended the Byrne Wallace interview or done the skills test?

Are they hiring again or what is this for?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Mr. JD

Anyone know what the BW trainee salary is?? Or what it is once qualified?

Wondering if there's any tips out there with getting a training contract with a 2.2 LLB but a 2.1 LLM :eek::(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 username0001

jus_me wrote: »
    Wondering if there's any tips out there with getting a training contract with a 2.2 LLB but a 2.1 LLM :eek::(

I think once you're out of college it's less about your grades and more about how many FE1s you have under your belt and whether you have decent experience. Unfortunately, the grades are still a very handy filter for the firms - so it might be worthwhile to address the 2.2 in your application.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 UcdLaw22

Has anyone who applied to Fieldfisher heard anything back yet about interviews?

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Tommybojangles

UcdLaw22 wrote: »
    Has anyone who applied to Fieldfisher heard anything back yet about interviews?

Bumping this to see if anyone has heard

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭rightytighty

Does anyone know Dechert trainee salary?

I would seriously appreciate anyone who has info on the Hayes application process / interviews

Advertisement