Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018 Law Firm Milkrounds

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 lawj2727

Can I ask what stage people are at who are getting interviews, are you completing FE1's or still in college? I am in final year and haven't been successful in securing any interviews yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭fe1hunzo

lawj2727 wrote: »
    Can I ask what stage people are at who are getting interviews, are you completing FE1's or still in college? I am in final year and haven't been successful in securing any interviews yet.

I just started working, have done a masters and most of my FE1s. Not to scare you but it can be a long process, some people get it right from undergraduate level. However, at the mixers and interviews, I've been to it seems to a lot of people who are older. Most interviews are hiring across multiple years and looking for anything from 2019-2021 intake so it really is just up to your application.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 law8

2 of the people in my AC group interview were still in college so I think there’s hope, but I suppose the more experience/FE-1s done the better.

Did anyone apply to AMOSS Solicitors?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭david_etc

Are any fellow A&L rejectees going to ask for feedback?

I already have (no reply).

I am also part of the crew who thought the interview went well but I guess that optimism was misplaced. Serious downer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Anyone heard from McCann or mason hayes yet?

Nothing back from them yet but RDJ are emailing with interviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭rightytighty

Whats the best way to prepare for case studies or legal/business scenarios for interviews? Do they tend to be based off current affairs or are they totally made up?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭starbar91

Are AC still interviewing? has anyone got a pfo from interview stage?

Whats the best way to prepare for case studies or legal/business scenarios for interviews? Do they tend to be based off current affairs or are they totally made up?

Totally made up in my experience. They’re never that complicated and they don’t spend too long actually discussing them so I wouldn’t worry about it. I’ve had everything from you get a call from a client but it’s Friday at 5pm what do you do to questions on mergers so it really just depends.

• Advertisement

fe1hunzo wrote: »

McCann interviews out this afternoon. Career evening / interviews next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭TCPIP

McCann interviews out this afternoon. Career evening / interviews next week.

Did you get one or are you assuming?

TCPIP wrote: »
    Did you get one or are you assuming?

Got one. Wouldn’t just assume that. They tend to not always release them all together so don’t worry if you haven’t heard yet 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭nailforhammer

starbar91 wrote: »
    Are AC still interviewing? has anyone got a pfo from interview stage?

I had my individual interview on Friday and they said Friday was the last day of interviewing. Someone in this thread said they got an offer on Friday afternoon. I haven't heard anything from Cox yet. I'm hoping that they didn't give out all there offers on Friday and that they are just slowly making there way through them. They did say it would likely be after the bank holiday before I heard back.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭irishmisile

Have you heard back from RDJ? Haven't heard anything back from them as of yet.

Yes got an interview for the Galway office. Could be waiting to release Cork interviews at another time.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭irishmisile

Yes got an interview for the Galway office. Could be waiting to release Cork interviews at another time.
    Ah congratulations. Best of luck with the interview. Galway wasn't my first choice of office, so I will assume that each office gives offers at different times.

*Offers/PFOs at different times

Ah congratulations. Best of luck with the interview. Galway wasn't my first choice of office, so I will assume that each office gives offers at different times.

*Offers/PFOs at different times

Thanks! Not mine either tbh as I’m Dublin based but I’ll take all the interviews I can get! Hopefully you’ll get one too

Has everyone heard from McCanns with either a PFO or an offer? I haven't received anything

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Has everyone heard from McCanns with either a PFO or an offer? I haven't received anything

I've received nothing either!

• Advertisement

Got McCanns interview today. They might be releasing in batches, Monday night is their information evening so they’ll get back to everyone this week I would assume. Hope you hear back either way :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 law8

Has anyone heard anything from Matheson, PFO or otherwise ?

law8 wrote: »
    Has anyone heard anything from Matheson, PFO or otherwise ?

Nothing yet, by the end of the week at the latest i would think.

Dillon Eustace interviews are out

Dillon Eustace interviews are out

Phone or email?

Phone or email?

Phone

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭starbar91

i must say - i'm absolutely lost as to what firms are looking for in interviews/apps? people in the same boat?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 coolusername95

Anyone apply to Hayes?

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Aoibhin511

Anyone apply to Hayes?

Yes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 coolusername95

Aoibhin511 wrote: »
    Yes

Have you heard anything back?

Advertisement