Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018 Law Firm Milkrounds

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭fe1hunzo

Agreed! What is the typical process...do people just try again next year, and if so, is there any point applying for firms who interviewed and rejected you last year? Or do they try smaller firms? Or get some FE1s?

I’ve done a masters and FE1s, I’m planning to finish the FE1s and try and get out of my current job to get something more law based as even though my current job related to being a trainee they did not seem impressed. From experience I’ve had interviews with firms two years after first being interviewed by them, didn’t make any difference I still got rejected but you can of course apply again to the same ones!

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭LawGirl3434

fe1hunzo wrote: »
    I’ve done a masters and FE1s, I’m planning to finish the FE1s and try and get out of my current job to get something more law based as even though my current job related to being a trainee they did not seem impressed. From experience I’ve had interviews with firms two years after first being interviewed by them, didn’t make any difference I still got rejected but you can of course apply again to the same ones!

My goodness it’s a tough old slog!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 lawj2727

Does anyone know what firms ask your references? I just warned mine that they might be contacted soon and they are wondering what to prepare.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Lawful_Lady

When do Matheson get back to people about 2nd round?

Anyone who has had a second round Dillon Eustace interview, do you know when we will find out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 keightlaw

Matheson 2nd round offers out, email.

lawj2727 wrote: »
    Anyone who has had a second round Dillon Eustace interview, do you know when we will find out?

In the interview they said to me Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Kate Training 2018

keightlaw wrote: »
    In the interview they said to me Friday.
    Any tips on what the interview was like?

Any tips on what the interview was like?

It was with the MP and another partner and they were very nice. Tbh it was like the the first interview, skills questions and just general questions about university, career choice etc. No current affairs questions at all, so was a bit surprised by that. They just really let you speak and ask if you have any questions at the end. About 25/30 minutes long.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Kate Training 2018

It was with the MP and another partner and they were very nice. Tbh it was like the the first interview, skills questions and just general questions about university, career choice etc. No current affairs questions at all, so was a bit surprised by that. They just really let you speak and ask if you have any questions at the end. About 25/30 minutes long.
    Were you hoping to have a place for 2019 or 2020? My interview is tomorrow good to know there are curve balls!

• Advertisement

Hayes Interview offers are out. Anyone have previous experience with them? Anyone heard back from Beauchamps or AMOSS?

Were you hoping to have a place for 2019 or 2020? My interview is tomorrow good to know there are curve balls!

Pretty flexible tbh! Best of luck with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Lawful_Lady

Anyone have experience with Matheson second round?

It’s composed of one interview and then another interview which is a problem based exercise.

Any advice welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 legalspeelman

Hayes Interview offers are out. Anyone have previous experience with them? Anyone heard back from Beauchamps or AMOSS?

Yet to hear back from AMOSS or Beauchamps. Did you interview with Dechert? If so, how did it go?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Toga Stroll

Anyone do the DWF phone interview and hear anything back?

Yet to hear back from AMOSS or Beauchamps. Did you interview with Dechert? If so, how did it go?

Interview with Dechert on Friday, not sure what to expect. Do you have one?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Pc_law

Has anybody heard back from Deloitte's traineeship programme?

Pc_law wrote: »

No which is a bit of a joke considering it was one of the first deadlines.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Pyggg

Pc_law wrote: »

I remember some of my friends applied to their internship programme and they didn't respond to people if they were unsuccessful. I am wondering if they are doing the same here since it has been such a long time?

Pyggg wrote: »
    I remember some of my friends applied to their internship programme and they didn't respond to people if they were unsuccessful. I am wondering if they are doing the same here since it has been such a long time?

Really not acceptable though. Especially since hey make you do exercises to complete the application process. One of the girls I know contacted them and they said they would be back to people and still noting. Don’t think I’d be stressing over interviewing their anyways

• Advertisement

Really not acceptable though. Especially since hey make you do exercises to complete the application process. One of the girls I know contacted them and they said they would be back to people and still noting. Don’t think I’d be stressing over interviewing their anyways

No I agree it’s not acceptable. Why wouldn’t you be stressing? Is it not an intense one?

No I agree it’s not acceptable. Why wouldn’t you be stressing? Is it not an intense one?

No as in I don’t even know if I would be bothered doing it in the first place. Imagine actually telling someone we’ll let you know by x day and weeks later still not having heard from them!! Takes 30 seconds to send a no interview email.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Pc_law

No as in I don’t even know if I would be bothered doing it in the first place. Imagine actually telling someone we’ll let you know by x day and weeks later still not having heard from them!! Takes 30 seconds to send a no interview email.

Yea I think it’s just a bit annoying when you’re trying to figure out what next steps you’re going to take. I sent them an email about 2 weeks ago and they said they will get back to every candidate as soon as. So if someone wants to drop them another email ha

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jennied7

Does anyone know what salaries the Law Firm pay for Trainees? I'm not sure how competitive the offer I have is.

Has anyone heard from Dillon Eustace yet?

jennied7 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what salaries the Law Firm pay for Trainees? I'm not sure how competitive the offer I have is.

A&L are 43k

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jennied7

A&L are 43k

Thanks Pyggg. Does anyone else know of the other firms?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 legalspeelman

jennied7 wrote: »
    Thanks Pyggg. Does anyone else know of the other firms?

In my opinion, 37k to 47k is a competitive salary. Walkers pay around 47k which would be top of the scale. Places like Eversheds 37k.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 lamacg95

Does anyone know when we will hear from ByrneWallace re second round interviews?

• Advertisement

lamacg95 wrote: »
    Does anyone know when we will hear from ByrneWallace re second round interviews?

In my interview last week I was sure they said mid week, so may be tomorrow, hopefully.

Advertisement