Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018 Law Firm Milkrounds

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭rightytighty

Anyone interview with Wf yet? How did you find it?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 law8

Anyone interview with Wf yet? How did you find it?

I had mine yesterday and it was pleasant enough, they basically just run through your application with you and ask questions based on what you wrote and then they ask one current affairs question (mine was just a general opinion on the election) and finish with the problem q.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 12128627

Does anyone know what intakes/years Matheson are recruiting for?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Lawful_Lady

Has anyone interviewed with Matheson and knows what the first round is like? What kind of questions do they ask?

Also, what are current affairs topics should I prep before the interview? What questions are other firms asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 keightlaw

DE second round interview offers are out by phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Keto1456

Anybody know what the structure of the second DE interview is?

Is it possible Fry's get back today or is it definitely tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭nailforhammer

Just letting people know if you didn't get a call back from DE this morning, don't lose hope just yet. They're still making calls they just rang me less than an hour ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭nailforhammer

Mason Hayes rejection emails are out

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭lisac223

WF phone offers are out
    Is it possible Fry's get back today or is it definitely tomorrow?

• Advertisement

About an hour ago
    What time did they call you?

lisac223 wrote: »
    WF phone offers are out

What time did they call you?

About an hour ago

God very late, maybe they'll still be calling tomorrow

About an hour ago

Also did you interview Tuesday or Wednesday?

I interviewed Wednesday.
    Also did you interview Tuesday or Wednesday?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 keightlaw

Dechert interview offers out earlier via email.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Michelle3339

Has anyone heard back from McCanns yet after interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭fe1hunzo

Has anyone heard back from McCanns yet after interview?

Was just going to ask the same I haven’t heard anything but was told it would be today.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 lamacg95

was told today but nothing yet

Do DE just not call you if you don't get a second round offer? I assume I've been rejected as the second round offers were out during the week but it seems a bit unfair they don't let you know regardless.

• Advertisement

lamacg95 wrote: »
    Do DE just not call you if you don't get a second round offer? I assume I've been rejected as the second round offers were out during the week but it seems a bit unfair they don't let you know regardless.

This year is particuarly bad for PFO’s for either interviews or not getting one in the first place. Other years they seemed to come through at the same time roughly.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭LawGirl3434

fe1hunzo wrote: »
    Was just going to ask the same I haven’t heard anything but was told it would be today.

Has anyone heard yet?

Has anyone heard yet?

No. Assuming it’ll be PFO or Monday we might here something positive. Bit mean to make you wait out the weekend

No. Assuming it’ll be PFO or Monday we might here something positive. Bit mean to make you wait out the weekend

Agreed! Especially as they specifically said Friday - trying not to lose hope if no one has had an offer..?

Has anyone heard yet?
    I've also heard nothing!

Just got the McCanns PFO.
    Hope everyone else gets a better result.

Just got the McCanns PFO.
    Hope everyone else gets a better result.

Got mine too! Matheson today went dreadfully for me and was my last one so think that’s the end of it for this year for me :(

Got mine too! Matheson today went dreadfully for me and was my last one so think that’s the end of it for this year for me :(

Sorry to hear that! Honestly just doesn’t seem to matter how well you’ve done or how hard you try. 🀷ðŸ¼*♀️

Sorry to hear that! Honestly just doesn’t seem to matter how well you’ve done or how hard you try. 🀷ðŸ¼*♀️

Agreed! What is the typical process...do people just try again next year, and if so, is there any point applying for firms who interviewed and rejected you last year? Or do they try smaller firms? Or get some FE1s?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Agreed! What is the typical process...do people just try again next year, and if so, is there any point applying for firms who interviewed and rejected you last year? Or do they try smaller firms? Or get some FE1s?

I'm not sure what I'll do.. was thinking of going to a recruiter perhaps. Or trying to get a job as a legal exec for more relevant experience, even though I've lots of legal experience, just not in law firms .. it's hard to know!

Advertisement