Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Watch Series 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,440 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

akesha wrote: »
    I hope this is irony :D
    In case not... :rolleyes: apple products are made in China, so they come from there.

No it wasn't irony (Are you American?) but it was clearly a joke!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Think I'm going to invest in one of these. Not in any major rush, but I get impatient when there are courier delays so I might just wait until stocks are back up and head to an iConnect and pick one up.

Exact same here. Same reason I'll wait a month or two to get the iPhone XS too.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Mrs kceire just received her 40mm version.
    Ordered at 8.20am in launch day.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭akesha

Seems that compub has a few now in stock

https://www.compub.com/watch/apple-watch-series-4

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Anyone here like watches? Owns a few? How did you from wearing different watches to just the Apple Watch?

Up until now the Apple Watch didn’t tempt me. But the series 4 seriously has. I own about 40 watches :D and I presume, to get the most out of the Apple Watch, you need to wear it all the time?

• Advertisement

mad muffin wrote: »
    Anyone here like watches? Owns a few? How did you from wearing different watches to just the Apple Watch?

Up until now the Apple Watch didn’t tempt me. But the series 4 seriously has. I own about 40 watches :D and I presume, to get the most out of the Apple Watch, you need to wear it all the time?

I had about 12 at one stage. But I e sold them all off over time.
    I’ve just kept my basics.

I’ve a Guess watch that I got as a gift and it’s slimline so great for under suits and shirts. I’ve a Tag that was handed down from my dad. I’ve a G-Shock that I wear everyday, work, gym, swimming etc and I’ve a leather Police one that I got for my first Father’s Day.

Il have an S4 next week to add but that will probably replace my 24/7 wearing of the Casio.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

WatchOS 5.0.1 is out now. Mainly a bug fix, one of the things listed is something I’ve noticed and was going to ask in here. I’ve been reaching the exercise goal way too early compared to usual. This update supposedly fixes that bug.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Vudgie

May have already been asked but if you buy a cellular version in the States will this feature work here if it is ever picked up by the carriers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Mine’s arrived. Kazakhstan to Dublin via Germany in less than 24 hours isn’t bad!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Vudgie wrote: »
    May have already been asked but if you buy a cellular version in the States will this feature work here if it is ever picked up by the carriers?

Yes it will work, once a carrier offers it in this country. It probably won’t be any time soon tho!

• Advertisement

Vudgie wrote: »

The S6 or S7 will be out before an Irish network offers Apple Watch cellular.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭akesha

Mine’s arrived. Kazakhstan to Dublin via Germany in less than 24 hours isn’t bad!

Nice. Enjoy!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭conor06

How accurate are Apples delivery estimates? Mine isn’t due to land until 16th Oct earliest - just wondering how likely this is to change

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

conor06 wrote: »
    How accurate are Apples delivery estimates? Mine isn’t due to land until 16th Oct earliest - just wondering how likely this is to change

My estimate was 3-10 October and it arrived yesterday.

conor06 wrote: »

I ordered 2.
    Watch 1 was due 26th-1st. It arrived on the 27th.
    Watch 2 was due 5th Oct - obviously still waiting on that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Anyone have any idea how long it'll be before you can reliably walk into a shop and buy one? I have a load of Dundrum vouchers I'd like to use up and Compub are my best bet there, given Argos' insane prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

I walked into Harvey Norman and picked one up on Thursday. Delighted with it. It's my first apple watch. I mainly bought it for the ecg/ekg that will come out in an app in the USA later. I used it during a cyclocross race yesterday as well as my garmin edge and heart rate strap. The watch gives very accurate heart rate readings and is less likely to spike or have a glitch than the HR strap, it also has some other great features that are not available in most other Health specific watches. I like it so much, I bought into the stock again-this is a game changer I believe.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Okay this is looking promising, the gold aluminium is actually gold like the old series 2(which i have) so i won't have to shell out the premium price for the SS Gold! :D

• Subscribers Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Ordered a 44mm Gold Stainless Steel today really looking forward to receiving it.
    First went to eBay willing to overpay by a couple hundred euro but hardly any for sale in gold stainless steel.

TCP/IP wrote: »
    Ordered a 42mm Gold Stainless Steel today really looking forward to receiving it.
    First went to eBay willing to overpay by a couple hundred euro but hardly any for sale in gold stainless steel.

44mm?

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

kceire wrote: »
    44mm?

Sorry yes 44

TCP/IP wrote: »
    Sorry yes 44

I had visions of you banging the keyboard wondering why there was no 42mm Series 4 watches for sale on eBay :)

Anyone else experiencing any bugs with their S4?
    The other half’s watch gets this big every now and again where the screen zooms right in and you can’t get it back to normal. Not sure what causes it or fixes it.

EDIT. Not a bug. It was a user bug :) had accessibility zoom turned on for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

Does this help?

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8199052
    Anyone else experiencing any bugs with their S4?
    The other half’s watch gets this big every now and again where the screen zooms right in and you can’t get it back to normal. Not sure what causes it or fixes it.

does this help

Does this help?

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8199052

does this help

Yeah, I posted the above then googled it.
    Looks like we both posted the fix at the same time. I done a ninja edit while you must have been mod typing :)

Anyone order a Nike edition?
    Mine says delivered on 5th October but with only 3 days to go and it still saying “order in progress” I don’t think it will come by the 5th and I’m nearly sure the other half’s was dispatched by now for hers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Mine says delivered on 5th October but with only 3 days to go and it still saying “order in progress” I don’t think it will come by the 5th and I’m nearly sure the other half’s was dispatched by now for hers.
    My launch day S4 was shipped less than 24 hours before I received it so you should be fine for October 5th.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

5th October is launch day for Nike watch so seems like you’re top of the queue

• Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Does the Apple Watch S4 tell the time??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Does the Apple Watch S4 tell the time??

Not presently. A rudimentary time function is slated to appear in watch os 6.

Advertisement