Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Watch Series 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

Definitely not as good. Purchased 1 ripe for the craic just to see. The genuine ones are definitely thicker and feel Moreno premium

EDIT: Spelling is desperate, autocorrect..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Ratings were good on them. 4.5 stars.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,743 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Wear one for a week and you will notice the difference. The cheap ones are lint and dust magnets. Official Apple ones seem immune to dust, lint etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

10x the price haha. No thanks folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,428 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

murpho999 wrote: »
    You make the alu models sound like complete junk.

They're the equivelant of the iphone 5c...you're the peasants of the apple universe :)
    Steel is the only option really. I always promised myself the steel one for the saphire glass as I its to easy to break/mark the ion x glass models.

• Advertisement

Blazer wrote: »
    They're the equivelant of the iphone 5c...you're the peasants of the apple universe :)

Id be inclined to disagree. The alu model feels v premium and not cheap and plasticky like the 5c did

• Registered Users Posts: 17,428 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Shn99 wrote: »
    Id be inclined to disagree. The alu model feels v premium and not cheap and plasticky like the 5c did

ah I'm only ballhopping.
    I'd have all 3 series of watch and loved them.
    Will definitely pick up the series 4 although getting the iphone max first so might hold tough still series 5 for the redesign.
    I really wished the networks moved their asses here on esim.
    I've been crying out for a fully cellular capable watch since series 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

I know we are a long way from cellular here, but if I bought an Apple Watch I'd have it for years so I was wondering if it would be a good idea to get a cellular AppleWatch in the UK?

Would that work whenever the service did arrive or are the locked to UK service providers?

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

I know we are a long way from cellular here, but if I bought an Apple Watch I'd have it for years so I was wondering if it would be a good idea to get a cellular AppleWatch in the UK?

Would that work whenever the service did arrive or are the locked to UK service providers?

Until is available here it’s impossible to tell if it work work with say Vodafone in ireland. I would doubt it but who knows. I am not buying cellular for the hope it will work. I am buying because of the better quality materials in its construction.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

TCP/IP wrote: »
    Until is available here it’s impossible to tell if it work work with say Vodafone in ireland. I would doubt it but who knows. I am not buying cellular for the hope it will work. I am buying because of the better quality materials in its construction.

Are you saying an GPS AppleWatch & GPS/Cellular AppleWatch are not the same quality?

What is the difference ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Are you saying an GPS AppleWatch & GPS/Cellular AppleWatch are not the same quality?

What is the difference ?

No he's talking about the stainless steel models that only come as cellular models and not available here.

The only difference is the casing. Everything else is the same.

I would understand it on a normal high end watch but not on a smartwatch which will be replaced in a few years.

No he's talking about the stainless steel models that only come as cellular models and not available here.

The only difference is the casing. Everything else is the same.

I would understand it on a normal high end watch but not on a smartwatch which will be replaced in a few years.

Why buy the aluminum Apple Watch

I love wearing Apple Watch while working out or playing sports and want it as light as possible!

I prefer the matte finishes

I want the most cost-friendly option

I don't want cellular

Why to buy the stainless steel Apple Watch

I want a model most like a traditional timepiece

I love the glossy finishes

I want the most expensive model available!

I'm looking for the most durable Apple Watch

I prefer a heavy watch

I love wearing Apple Watch while working out or playing sports and want it as light as possible!

I don't want cellular

I want the SS band around
    my watch to scratch easily

I prefer a heavy watch

Fixed that :)

I don't want cellular

I prefer a heavy watch

You don't have to justify it but I just fail to see how a smartwatch with a black screen looks anything like a traditional timepiece.

You don't have to justify it but I just fail to see how a smartwatch with a black screen looks anything like a traditional timepiece.

Understand what you are saying but you need to understand that to some people whatever a stainless steel model costs to some people that are not even a consideration.

I am not looking to justify just took those points from another website to explain the two options.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I got my series 0 late in the run, and it’s not supported any more. Just something to remember if you’re planning on getting years out of it. Mine has been noticeably slower to open apps for the last 12 months too.

Mine is now preparing for despatch and card charged. Was scheduled for Oct 31st -06 Nov.

Does this mine it should ship in the next 24 hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭martin_g

What model and when did u order out of interest?

Ordered On 23 September 2018
    Apple Watch Nike+ Series 4 GPS, 44mm Silver.

Got the earpods as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭dubmick

are the only options on the Silver one, the white & seashell sport strap? Have the space grey S2 and was thinking of changing to silver for this model.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Yeah pretty much the only options, unless you get the nike, where you get slight variations.

• Administrators Posts: 53,659 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

dubmick wrote: »
    are the only options on the Silver one, the white & seashell sport strap? Have the space grey S2 and was thinking of changing to silver for this model.
    The strap selection has always been rubbish on all the models.

It is pretty much just Apple trying to maximize profits from sales of extra straps.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭martin_g

Did your order ship yet Murpho?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Ok havn’t read the thread so apologies if posted before

Looking at buying a series 4 watch

Now i go swimming 3 days a week in a 25 meter pool

My question is ...... would this watch be ok for this ? Im not a diver etc , just a bit of swimming etc ?

I’ve a fitbit which ain’t waterproof or ip rated etc

Mainly use it for casual , running , walking , swimming

Would it suffice , i know its ip rated but no idea what that means

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

Ordered On 23 September 2018
    Apple Watch Nike+ Series 4 GPS, 44mm Silver.

Got the earpods as well.

AirPods? Rumour new ones out 30th October

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

My question is ...... would this watch be ok for this ? Im not a diver etc , just a bit of swimming etc ?

Apple rates the watch as water resistant for up to 50 meters. It’s marketed as a swim tracker and has workout tracking for swims built directly in and other features such as a toggle for swimming to stop accidental inputs on the screen while in the water.

So the answer would probably be yes, you shouldn’t have any issues with it swimming.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

KingJamsie wrote: »
    Even if they are updated, it would be a very minor one going by the rumours. Hey Siri support so you don’t have to tap first. Wireless charging was already announced, but looks like it will be either more expensive for that version or an optional add-on. I wouldn’t be worrying too much tbh.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Ok havn’t read the thread so apologies if posted before

Looking at buying a series 4 watch

I’ve a fitbit which ain’t waterproof or ip rated etc

Mainly use it for casual , running , walking , swimming

Would it suffice , i know its ip rated but no idea what that means

It’s not just IP rated. It WR50.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

KingJamsie wrote: »

Everything apple pro reckons no AirPod upgrade this time round. He expects them for 2019.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Vudgie

Loving the series 4....I didn't think that the 30% size difference would make much difference but it really does particularly when looking at the apps.

I upgraded from the Series 2 and the Series 4 is markedly more snappy with much less lag.

Very happy with it so far.

Advertisement