Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Watch Series 4

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Does the Apple Watch S4 tell the time??

No. I wear a Casio on the other arm for time checking.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

No you need to buy AppleTime, it’s a €99 add-on that goes with the watch. Time should show up perfectly once you have that.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

DubDJ wrote: »
    No you need to buy AppleTime, it’s a €99 add-on that goes with the watch. Time should show up perfectly once you have that.

I got Appletime Lite for €49 and it just shows the hour.

DubDJ wrote: »
    murpho999 wrote: »
    I got Appletime Lite for €49 and it just shows the hour.

Rich Show Off's......I got the free version. It just tells me what day it is.

On another note, mines now preparing for dispatch :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,987 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

I got the sun dial addon. And I know what you’re thinking: it won’t work in the dark. Well, my phone has a torch.

43267358560_c9aa4ea3ce_z.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I got mine writted down on a piece of paper......now Apple owe me money

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-tjHlFPTwVk

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭akesha

Currys seems to have all 40 mm available to order online now.

Just ordered there again, they say it will arrive in 3 - 5 working days.
    Apple order still displays as in progress with 16-23 oct as delivery date.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Working in Drogheda for the day, strolled into harvey normans to chance my arm, 44 mm space grey in stock, plus 10% off so it cost me a total of 422, nice surprise!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,947 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Working in Drogheda for the day, strolled into harvey normans to chance my arm, 44 mm space grey in stock, plus 10% off so it cost me a total of 422, nice surprise!

why 10% off?

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭djivide_

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Cyrus wrote: »
    why 10% off?

She said it was their 15th anniversary, everything apart from phones apparently

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Can’t get to Harvey’s until the morning, hopefully the sale is still on!

• Subscribers Posts: 16,578 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Ah well, my apple order shipped today so can’t cancel now. Due to arrive by 15th.

Tell me this guys, I know there's no tech difference between the normal watch and the Nike watch, but is the strap different?
    Specifically the sport loop as that's what I ordered. Its reflective on the Nike model, is it reflective on the normal model?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

kceire wrote: »
    Tell me this guys, I know there's no tech difference between the normal watch and the Nike watch, but is the strap different?
    Specifically the sport loop as that's what I ordered. Its reflective on the Nike model, is it reflective on the normal model?

there's a slight tech difference, the nike watch comes with a special nike watch face that you can't get on the standard model and the nike run app is preinstalled. the nike sport loop bands are the only bands with reflectivity.

there's a slight tech difference, the nike watch comes with a special nike watch face that you can't get on the standard model and the nike run app is preinstalled. the nike sport loop bands are the only bands with reflectivity.

Just got my dispatched email from Apple and a text from DHS saying delivery tomorrow so may just leave it. Harvey Norman showing out of stock but still available for online order but they may cancel orders they cannot fulfill so think I’ll stick with the Nike one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Mine has moved to preparing to dispatch since 9am this morning. How long is it usually in this state?

Mine has moved to preparing to dispatch since 9am this morning. How long is it usually in this state?

Can be like that for 3 days or so.
    Mine was due today from the moment I ordered on launch morning (Nike Version) and it was preparing for dispatch on Wednesday. Its out for Delivery now with DHS.

What is your expected delivery date?

Out for delivery, on 05 Oct 2018

Finally! :D

I will be cancelling my order from apple later on.

Drove down to Harvey Norman.

10% off was a one day sale yesterday, still bought the gold, got out to the car, and it’s pink. Had to return it.

Turns out it’s the Gold cellular that’s the yellow gold.

They’ve no space grey or silver in stock in 44mm either.

Damn it.

• Advertisement

Doesn't seem that pink in images, S2 is much more pinkie

27872-42352-Apple-Watches-with-Gold-Finishes-l.jpg

That’s why I bought it was because of those images. Trust me, it was the same pink as the s3 pink gold.

The cellular gold is yellowish.

Drove around the whole city, only place that had stock was Argos and at €550 for the 44mm GPS they can sing for it.

Just received it. Doesn't look that pink to me. Attached a couple of photos.

It was exactly what I expected :)

That’s the exact colour body I wanted.

The one I opened was the exact same pink as the strap holder that you’ve got there.

Wish I took a picture of it now before I returned it.

That's weird :confused: I got this one from currys (online), but it is the 40mm, they weren't showing the 44mm when I bought it.

Sister just called me from Vegas, she picked me up a 44mm silver Nike Plus model.

Works out at €402, that’ll do! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Johann.

Guys,

Had a little play around with one last night, an older version albeit. Have always held off getting one as never thought I’d use it really. However I think last night may have swayed me & im going to the US in Jan.

What’s your main uses for the watches, apart frm telling time and viewing notifications etc.

Johann. wrote: »
    Guys,

Had a little play around with one last night, an older version albeit. Have always held off getting one as never thought I’d use it really. However I think last night may have swayed me & im going to the US in Jan.

What’s your main uses for the watches, apart frm telling time and viewing notifications etc.

My main use is fitness tracking tbh
    I wear a watch everyday, normally a Casio G-Shock so I also wanted something that I can wear everyday day, work, training, swimming etc

Also, one of the main reasons was if I wanted to go for a run, the watch tracked the run while also containing my music or podcasts while using Bluetooth ear phones. No need to carry the phone in a pocket any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Johann.

kceire wrote: »
    My main use is fitness tracking tbh
    I wear a watch everyday, normally a Casio G-Shock so I also wanted something that I can wear everyday day, work, training, swimming etc

Also, one of the main reasons was if I wanted to go for a run, the watch tracked the run while also containing my music or podcasts while using Bluetooth ear phones. No need to carry the phone in a pocket any more.

Thanks. They’re all really practical reasons I’d use it for also. I love the activity tracker.

Is it just the basic model that tracks the run? I assume the cellular models are if you don’t want to carry the phone, but still take calls/texts?

• Advertisement

Johann. wrote: »
    Thanks. They’re all really practical reasons I’d use it for also. I love the activity tracker.

Is it just the basic model that tracks the run? I assume the cellular models are if you don’t want to carry the phone, but still take calls/texts?

All models track runs etc with the built in gps.
    Ignore the cellular models as that feature doesn’t work in Ireland and will not work for the foreseeable future.

Advertisement