Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Watch Series 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Just a quick comparison between the 42mm Series 1 Aluminium (Left) and the new 44mm Aluminium (Right). The new back looks really premium compared to the older model.

A0_FEB9_C5_5845_40_DD_9_C29_159_C4_E5_A6737.jpg
    C8_D40_B97_A24_A_4056_92_D6_BDDB259_A6_BE7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

collapsable power brick debuted with the original Apple watch. it's great for the travel bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,410 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Watch looks great, think I'll be getting one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Well wear DubDJ. I'm going to replace my Series1 also. By the way, Apple have been selling the foldable power adapters for a couple of years. Very handy for travelling without having the prongs sticking out.

https://www.apple.com/ie/shop/product/MGRL2B/A/apple-5w-usb-power-adapter-folding-pins?fnode=97&fs=f%3Dadapter-charger%26fh%3D458e%252B45d4%252B45b0

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I knew I’d seen something about the collapsible charger but I’ve never had one before. Maybe I have and haven’t noticed as I usually don’t touch the accessories in the box.

It’s really not a major difference in size comparing both watches. Can’t comment on the screen as it’s been mostly black while setting up.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,391 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I got the collapsible one with my series 2

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭kaerobe

FYI....
    Argos shows S4 Cellular for 679e for the 44mm. No availability tho...surprised they have them

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&searchTerms=apple+watch&authToken=

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

kaerobe wrote: »
    FYI....
    Argos shows S4 Cellular for 679e for the 44mm. No availability tho...surprised they have them

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&searchTerms=apple+watch&authToken=

probably a mistake..there's no way anyone would be selling the cellular one in a non-supported country.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Kagawa

Mine was just delivered

Kagawa wrote: »
    Mine was just delivered

less talk more pics lol :D
    I'm seriously tempted to get it alright.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Blazer wrote: »
    probably a mistake..there's no way anyone would be selling the cellular one in a non-supported country.

They were selling the S3 Cellular

Rew wrote: »
    They were selling the S3 Cellular

never realised that..thanks:)

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭djivide_

Some people would want the stainless steel and sapphire crystal display and not too bothered about the cellular aspect but willing to spend more, also it is possible that some provider will pick up the cellular at some stage in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Kagawa

less talk more pics lol :D
    I'm seriously tempted to get it alright.

Sorry, still at work so won’t be able to open it until later

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭hernie

Can you use the apple watch without a phone to listen to Spotify, Audible, podcasts? I'd like to be able to go for a run with just the watch & headphones.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,918 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

44mm S4 alu arrived this afternoon. Left it to set up over lunch. Still haven't set up my face the way I want it, so it's all default at the moment. Here it is beside my outgoing original series.

43010998370_fa71a4e162_c.jpg

44822181101_f34ca79529_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Dubliniensis

Ordered Series 4 watch at 8.14am last Friday from the Irish store to a Dublin address. Delivery 26th Sept to 1st Oct. Still says it's processing and no money taken from card yet.

Hopeful for Friday but looks unlikely!

Jealous of everyone's new watches.

My order just went to preparing for dispatch and money taken from card. Hopefully I'll get it before next Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

Walked into CompuB today at about 1pm and got a 44mm black in case anyone doesn’t want to wait for shipping,

They had limited stock but it’ll probably last a bit longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

hernie wrote: »
    Can you use the apple watch without a phone to listen to Spotify, Audible, podcasts? I'd like to be able to go for a run with just the watch & headphones.

Audible support has just arrived. No spotify.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭kaerobe

Bonavox wrote: »
    Walked into CompuB today at about 1pm and got a 44mm black in case anyone doesn’t want to wait for shipping,

They had limited stock but it’ll probably last a bit longer.

Which one? Online says stores out of stock. Ill try Iconnect on henry st

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

kaerobe wrote: »
    Which one? Online says stores out of stock. Ill try Iconnect on henry st

Grafton St. iConnect also replied to my message on Twitter saying they had limited in Henry Street so you might be in luck there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 SteveD92

I called Harvey Norman in Carrickmines this morning and they put aside a 44mm space grey model for me with a sports loop that I picked up on lunch... He said they had a decent bit of stock but not many 44mm models, I'm sure they would put one aside for you if asked.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

If anyone wants to swap a new 44mm plastic strap for any other 44mm strap give me a PM. I have a black strap from a prev watch so don't want the one I got today

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

Seen some confusion on this

The collapse power brick comes with the most current version of Apple Watch

So not with S3 anymore, part of the reason they are discounted

Audible support has just arrived. No spotify.

Some people really needs to get their act together and get Spotify and WhatsApp on the watch.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,474 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Some people really needs to get their act together and get Spotify and WhatsApp on the watch.

You’d need a data connection for that so until the cellular version is supported here it may not happen.

Podcast on the watch is awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭AidenL

I have to wait till Monday for my stainless steel 44. It’s with DPD.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭blink44

Still awkwardly waiting on the parcel motel check in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

I have a mate in America picking one up tomorrow, 44mm space grey, Black band ..... should have it by Wednesday. Is there a lot of excitement around this particular watch? or is it just us apple fans?

Ive never been interested in their watches before, but the ECG got me interested, then I saw all the other upgrades and realise It will improve my life :D

• Advertisement

kceire wrote: »
    You’d need a data connection for that so until the cellular version is supported here it may not happen.

Podcast on the watch is awesome.

No reason a Spotify app couldn’t download some songs to the watch as it can to the phone but to be honest I don’t even mean I want to use these without the phone nearby as I always have the phone nearby (I’d never consider a cellular watch for this reason). It would just be great to control Spotify from the watch and be able to read back WhatsApps and start new WhatsApp’s from the watch as I find it very handy replying etc but would love to be able to start new messages like you can in the text message app which is basically obsolete nowadays.

Advertisement