Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Watch Series 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Johann.

kceire wrote: »
    All models track runs etc with the built in gps.
    Ignore the cellular models as that feature doesn’t work in Ireland and will not work for the foreseeable future.

Perfect, I did notice it was only available on the US website.

Thanks for your help!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

What's up with Argos? Seem to arbitrarily adding 15% to the prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

What's up with Argos? Seem to arbitrarily adding 15% to the prices.
    I’ve noticed they do that with a lot of Apple stuff. Not all but a good selection are priced higher than the RRP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Darren 83

I will be in Barcelona early next year and was thinking of picking the series 4 would there be any problems in doing so?

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Vudgie

Has anyone ever teamed a space grey watch with the silver Milanese loop? I think I know the answer but just wondering if people think that it wouldn’t look great?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,987 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Darren 83 wrote: »
    I will be in Barcelona early next year and was thinking of picking the series 4 would there be any problems in doing so?

The charger plug will be a 2 pin European one, but other than that there’s no issue. You’ll save a tenner over the Irish price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Darren 83

phutyle wrote: »
    The charger plug will be a 2 pin European one, but other than the there’s no issue. You’ll save a tenner over the Irish price.

Is it the same charger as I have the series 3 which the other have will be getting.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭akesha

It is usb, so it can be connected to any usb charger you have at home.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,987 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Darren 83 wrote: »
    Is it the same charger as I have the series 3 which the other have will be getting.
    akesha wrote: »
    It is usb, so it can be connected to any usb charger you have at home.. :)

Yep, use what you have already and keep the 2 pin for your holliers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Mine arrived in Cologne at 6pm today.

Probably look at Tamworth/UK tomorrow (Tuesday), and out for delivery on Wednesday?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Mine arrived in Cologne at 6pm today.

Probably look at Tamworth/UK tomorrow (Tuesday), and out for delivery on Wednesday?

Mine went straight from Germany to Dublin without stopping in the UK. Arrived in Dublin from Koln at around 4:30am and was delivered that day. So I reckon you'll get yours tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

What is the best shop to try them on? Not sure what size to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 dbadd

blink44 wrote: »
    Yeah uk site
    Hi Just checking. I was on the Uk site and it does not allow you to specify an Irish address. Can you tell me how you managed to get it ordered as I would be interested in doing the same.

Thanks.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

dbadd wrote: »
    Hi Just checking. I was on the Uk site and it does not allow you to specify an Irish address. Can you tell me how you managed to get it ordered as I would be interested in doing the same.

Thanks.

Parcel Motel?
    That's how I buy from the UK store.

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

dbadd wrote: »

Thanks.

I ordered from UK site using parcel motel also.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Looking at ordering a series 4 but unsure which strap & frame to order. Im new to this product so any advice would be great. What's people preference on this?

Thinking the space grey aluminium & black sports band but the Gold Aluminium Case with Pink Sand Sport Loop loads cool too. What is different about the Nike watch? Would use for sport but mostly casual wear

• Subscribers Posts: 16,578 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Mine went straight from Germany to Dublin without stopping in the UK. Arrived in Dublin from Koln at around 4:30am and was delivered that day. So I reckon you'll get yours tomorrow.

Mine was held up with mechanical problems in China at weekend and slipped a day to today, yesterday it when via Korea’s, khazikstan, Germany and miraculously was In Dublin today today since 5am, for delivery by end of day, never turned up.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Looking at ordering a series 4 but unsure which strap & frame to order. Im new to this product so any advice would be great. What's people preference on this?

Thinking the space grey aluminium & black sports band but the Gold Aluminium Case with Pink Sand Sport Loop loads cool too. What is different about the Nike watch? Would use for sport but mostly casual wear

I bought my wife the gold one with the pink sport loop band.
    I got the space grey with black sport look (Nike)

I really like the sport loop. It’s quick and easy to put on and adjust and I like the feel of it. It is fabric though so I swap to one of my older rubber bands for training sessions as I sweat like mad (trying this CrossFit ****e) so I can simply epwear it training and then in the shower afterwards to clean.

I feel the fabric band would stink over time if constantly worn during exercise, I may be wrong though, herself wears hers training and calls me a spa for swapping bands!

It really is a personal choice.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Just got my Silver 44mm Nike+

As much as I wanted a gold again, I love the silver with the white Nike strap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Anyone waiting for deliveries from Apple that haven't been processed yet, the i-Connect store on Henry St in Dublin have 44mm Space Grey in stock, and CompuB on Grafton St has 44mm gold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

eeloe wrote: »
    Just got my Silver 44mm Nike+

As much as I wanted a gold again, I love the silver with the white Nike strap.

Great stuff, that's the exact same as I ordered.

I think the Nike range looks really good this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Gwildor

For anyone interested, Harvey Norman in Waterford have 8 44mm Space grey (well, 7 as I just got one) and 1 40mm Silver left in stock.

It’s a pain that Ireland is not getting any of the high end versions only the cheap watches. Waits of over a month for the decent ones.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

TCP/IP wrote: »
    It’s a pain that Ireland is not getting any of the high end versions only the cheap watches. Waits of over a month for the decent ones.

It’s because none of the networks are offering cellular! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

TCP/IP wrote: »

You make the alu models sound like complete junk.

There's waiting periods for the "cheap" watches in Ireland of a month too so you're no worse off.

murpho999 wrote: »
    You make the alu models sound like complete junk.

There's waiting periods for the "cheap" watches in Ireland of a month too so you're no worse off.

Certainly never said they are junk just annoyed Ireland only getting cheaper models only.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,947 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

i get that the s/s looks better but for me i wouldn't pay the extra for one given the obsolescence of whats inside

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭akesha

I have the alu gold and my husband the alu space grey, and I think they look amazing :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Bought a few silicon straps on Amazon for £12 delivered. Beats Apple's rip-offs that's for sure!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,947 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Bought a few silicon straps on Amazon for £12 delivered. Beats Apple's rip-offs that's for sure!

they arent as good though in my experience, lot cheaper and look the same but attract a lot of lint etc

Advertisement