Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Fatfrog wrote: »
    M83 would be lovely, I can't recall them playing Ireland in 5 years at least!!

They played Body&Soul in 2012

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,316 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

469712665_tubetent.thumb.jpeg.609fa6c20eaf6d851fcf6a4a94d09633.jpeg?fbclid=IwAR1I86uPRitdP4kNaPcDn2A0CA82bWO2RV3GaPfiK2UG7pVuWaq3YiBBvQA

Glastonbury 2014, on the hill overlooking the pyramid stage near the medical centre.
    There were other tents further down I kid you not on a 20% slope! I honestly don't know how people can camp on an incline! You could see all the items inside the tent had rolled and pressed up against the tent walls! :) one girl was telling me her sleeping bag wouldn't grip to the nylon floor of the tent, kept slipping into the corner :):)

What's the thoughts on the headliners so far? Are they the actual headliners or could we see doubling up like Beck/ outkast?

There's 4 acts into 3
    The Strokes = sub?
    FATM = headliner?
    Hozier = headliner?
    1975's = headliner?

Theres really nothing there for me, ill go to Hozier but Im naively holding out for one more act!

They played Body&Soul in 2012

Fark is that the 2nd stage?

Fark is that the 2nd stage?

That's the original Body&Soul Festival main stage which is now the Woodlands stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

What's the thoughts on the headliners so far? Are they the actual headliners or could we see doubling up like Beck/ outkast?

There's 4 acts into 3
    The Strokes = sub?
    FATM = headliner?
    Hozier = headliner?
    1975's = headliner?

Theres really nothing there for me, ill go to Hozier but Im naively holding out for one more act!

I'd say The Strokes, FATM & The 1975 will headline the main stage each night but I would be expecting maybe two more acts who could sub-headline the main stage. Hopefully a dance act and then someone else.

I'm finding it harder to get excited about it this year. Lineup doesn't have as much as usual to interest me, less friends who have tickets due to it selling out so quick, probably going to be another 2 months before we get another announcement. I can't see the line up getting much stronger either due to who is available this summer.

Hello peeps what's the craic, did any of you watch the Late, Late Show last Friday, gets ya in the mood for the Picnic, Mike Denver for a headliner. :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭Peter File

Hello peeps what's the craic, did any of you watch the Late, Late Show last Friday, gets ya in the mood for the Picnic, Mike Denver for a headliner. :D:D:D:D
    What are you smoking!!!

Peter File wrote: »
    What are you smoking!!!

Just having the craic and bored mate, if Mike Denver came near the main stage I would be burning the damn thing down hahaha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭fourmations

There's 4 acts into 3
    The Strokes = sub?
    FATM = headliner?
    Hozier = headliner?
    1975's = headliner?

I wouldnt be surprised if Billie Eilish is bumped to headline
    whatever you think of her, she's the biggest act in the world right now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

I wouldnt be surprised if Billie Eilish is bumped to headline
    whatever you think of her, she's the biggest act in the world right now

There are a fair few artists who may disagree with that. She could become exactly that but a number one album ain't sufficient. One top ten single (number 7) in the US and two in the UK (6 and 2) mean she has a long way to go. Her hype machine is intact though and for EP she'll likely be this year's Dua Lipa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

That riff is catchy as hell though

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Not a fan but why do they keep grabbing her boobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭rubick

Are M83 touring at the moment? Nothing listed for 2019/2020 on the official website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

rubick wrote: »
    Are M83 touring at the moment?

No.

They've not performed together since about 2016 and there's no sign of that changing. I think they released a film score/soundtrack earlier this year but there's very little else going on there, sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭roll

rubick wrote: »
    Are M83 touring at the moment? Nothing listed for 2019/2020 on the official website.

that's tantamount to trolling!!!!

Sorry I went and answered my own query there!

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kg703

Stop with the M83 talk ..... would love to see them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Not a fan but why do they keep grabbing her boobs.

who with the what now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

who with the what now?

I'm gonna guess either She's grabbing her own boobs

OR

Some mysterious THEY are grabbing them.

• Advertisement

West Holts stage at Glasto, I'd buy tickets for this alone.

479671.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

who with the what now?

Seemingly her fans love it, they call her metal boobs https://metro.co.uk/2019/05/01/billie-eilish-tells-fans-stop-grabbing-boobs-meet-greets-9372613/

West Holts stage at Glasto, I'd buy tickets for this alone.

479671.jpg

Absolutely glorious, can't wait. West Holts is probably the stage I've spent most time at over in Somerset. Looking like a horrible clash of Wu Tang/Chemical Brothers though on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭gauralordon

Have to say I'm already buzzed for Kölsch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0j3LY3G41fA

• Registered Users Posts: 5,827 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Have to say I'm already buzzed for Kölsch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0j3LY3G41fA

Same....that tiga song at 17 mins is brilliant
    Upset to see Cassiopeia not on that track listing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭gauralordon

Rfrip wrote: »
    Same....that tiga song at 17 mins is brilliant
    Upset to see Cassiopeia not on that track listing!!

Great hat tip to Keith Flint at the end too, if he pulls any of that at EP i’ll Well and truly lose my mind :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

A news report about a French festival Teknival where 30 ravers got hypothermia when it unexpectedly snowed.

2571511ed9e8af08577e5988773e5e59.jpg

It looks like the last Electric Picnic Facebook post was 29th April, just commented on it asking when might the next announcement be, we are a week off two months since first one, even if its some of the sideshows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭The Davestator

It looks like the last Electric Picnic Facebook post was 29th April, just commented on it asking when might the next announcement be, we are a week off two months since first one, even if its some of the sideshows.

Don't do it to yourself!

It'll happen when its going to happen and no good in stressing or asking about it.
    Yes, it would be great to do research on bands, but they've proven time and again they do it their way

Advertisement