Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk Thread V - The Friend Zone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭joseywhales

Ah here, if I was convicted for beating my wife, I would definitely be fired if my work got wind of it. If they legally couldn't fire me they would make my life hell until I left. This is a reality in many jobs where a certain standard of behavior is expected.

There might be leeway given for a non violent crime if the employee had shown they made steps to change

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭macslash

Mul, it's over
    Did you mean 4 + 1?
    4 Non Irish Eligible (capped)
    1 Non Irish Qualified (uncapped) Usually a 3 year deal project player, such as Aki, or Butler.[/url]

Yes, sorry I meant 4+1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Massive credit to Carty and Dillane today. Great to see them make a positive impact off the bench in probably the solitary positive point in the last 20 minutes.

Dillane is back to his best and it's a pleasure to watch. If anything I think he's defensively better than ever. Robbing that lineout was great. Hats off to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭FACECUTTR

Massive credit to Carty and Dillane today. Great to see them make a positive impact off the bench in probably the solitary positive point in the last 20 minutes.

Dillane is back to his best and it's a pleasure to watch. If anything I think he's defensively better than ever. Robbing that lineout was great. Hats off to him.

They both looked excellent today. The lineout steal was great and those 2 kicks to touch from Carty were super. Great confidence booster for the lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

The Friend Zone
    Yeah_Right wrote: »
    So Connacht don't believe in giving young men second chances. If they commit a crime, they're done? I think an opportunity for redemption should always be offered after they've "done their time". Glad the Crusader gave him that opportunity.

IIRC it was the judges fault by not even punishing him for the domestic abuse. He didn't want to riun his career. Because he got off, then because of the press here and highlighting all this, Connacht were left no option but to do what they did. If the judge charged him I think he'd be on a redemption tour in Ireland now tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭KBurke85

The Friend Zone
    Connacht Eagles squad for the two games in America
    Forwards
    Declan Adamson, Peter Claffey. James Connolly, Robin Copeland, Jordan Duggan, Cillian Gallagher, Cian Huxford, Conor Kenny, Joe Maksymiw (c), Sean Masterson, Neal Moylett, Jonny Murphy, Conán O’Donnell, Liam Winnett.

Backs
    Mark Balaski, Luke Carty, Conor Dean, Colm de Buitlear, Conor Hayes, Kieran Joyce, Stephen Kerins, Huge Lane, Oran McNulty, Sean O’Brien, Corey Reidy, Colm Reilly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

The Friend Zone
    KBurke85 wrote: »
    Forwards
    Declan Adamson, Peter Claffey. James Connolly, Robin Copeland, Jordan Duggan, Cillian Gallagher, Cian Huxford, Conor Kenny, Joe Maksymiw (c), Sean Masterson, Neal Moylett, Jonny Murphy, Conán O’Donnell, Liam Winnett.

Backs
    Mark Balaski, Luke Carty, Conor Dean, Colm de Buitlear, Conor Hayes, Kieran Joyce, Stephen Kerins, Huge Lane, Oran McNulty, Sean O’Brien, Corey Reidy, Colm Reilly.

Copeland ? Hello. Well out of favour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

You've got a Friend in me
    evil_seed wrote: »
    IIRC it was the judges fault by not even punishing him for the domestic abuse. He didn't want to riun his career. Because he got off, then because of the press here and highlighting all this, Connacht were left no option but to do what they did. If the judge charged him I think he'd be on a redemption tour in Ireland now tbh

It absolutely was not the judge's fault. Connacht said they would cancel his contract if he was convicted. The judge was trying to keep his career alive.

Of course, since he admitted the offence, the net effect was the same.

The only person at fault was the guy who assaulted his girlfriend in the street.

The Friend Zone
    gally74 wrote: »
    Forwards

Backs

Copeland ? Hello. Well out of favour
    To be fair he has been out injured for a few months. A few matches would be just what he needs

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Mul, it's over
    Maksymiw as captain is interesting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Wegians89

The Friend Zone
    Bazzo wrote: »
    Maksymiw as captain is interesting

He must be rated pretty highly. Could be wrong but I think he’s captained the eagles already this season. He hasn’t made too much of an impact on the first team yet but he’s still pretty young for a lock.

The Friend Zone
    Anyone know much about Declan adamson ? Also nice to see the likes of masterson., reidy and balaski involved after long lay offs

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Wegians89 wrote: »
    Anyone know much about Declan adamson ? Also nice to see the likes of masterson., reidy and balaski involved after long lay offs
    youths player from tarf. Played u18 clubs, then 19s with Leinster. Been playing AIL with them as well for past season and is u20s. played schools rugby with fintans

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

Forwards

Backs

Adamson, Huxford, Hayes, Lane, and Reilly are u20. Winnett and McNulty are u19.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Lucas44

Wegians89 wrote: »

He’s in the leinster sub academy at the minute, being brought along as we don’t have another hooker available in the sub academy or academy

• Subscribers Posts: 41,167 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

The Friend Zone
    Andy friend on the latest rugby coaches corner podcast

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭MarinersBlues

Mul, it's over
    The proposed Pro14 start date is very interesting from Connachts point of view.

If we get a couple of fixtures against big name teams during the World Cup we could be motoring by the time everyone else is getting started.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Mul, it's over

If we get a couple of fixtures against big name teams during the World Cup we could be motoring by the time everyone else is getting started.

Depends who we're missing in Japan, we've seen that we can be absolutely shocking with the best players in Ireland camp too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭MarinersBlues

Mul, it's over
    Bazzo wrote: »
    Depends who we're missing in Japan, we've seen that we can be absolutely shocking with the best players in Ireland camp too

Aki, Marmion, Dillane, Carty, possibly Roux, Farrell and Bealham in the later stages depending on Irelands progress and injuries.

After Godwins performance against Ospreys I think we can handle the first four missing.
    If the national side have to go much deeper into our squad we could be found wanting, particularly in Bealham's case.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Leinstertomas

Seem to remember that happening the season you won as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Mr Tickle

To be fair there were very feww COnnacht lads involved with Ireland that year. Henshaw and Nathan White. Anyone else?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

The Friend Zone

We also finished just as strong when everyone was full strength aswell (which people not saying you forget to mention)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,212 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Mul, it's over
    Interesting to see Connacht are 1-4 for top three finish, Cardiff 3-1 with paddy power.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

Yeah but clearly not that confident

Even with 5-point margin and 50 points of better difference on the final Day, I Think Cardiff could trash Ospreys out, and Munster will need a win v us to outpast Glasgow...
    So we simply NEED to win the next 3, including Zebre AWAY where I'm not confident at all. Targeted game for Michael Bradley...

The Friend Zone
    connachta wrote: »
    Yeah but clearly not that confident

Even with 5-point margin and 50 points of better difference on the final Day, I Think Cardiff could trash Ospreys out, and Munster will need a win v us to outpast Glasgow...
    So we simply NEED to win the next 3, including Zebre AWAY where I'm not confident at all. Targeted game for Michael Bradley...

Argument to be made if the team can't beat Zebre away it has little to no right to be the playoffs or the European cup.
    I'd be more worried about playing an inform Treviso then I would be about Zebre

Mul, it's over
    Yeah got to be beating Zebre away, I’m sure Bradley is targeting it but so are Connacht ffs and the Connacht team/squad is significantly stronger.

Bookmakers assess these things without the pessimistic/optimistic biases we hold here.

They’re basically giving Connacht a 75-80% chance of qualifying. Connacht should be in an even stronger position having thrown away some points and underperformed in some matches but still had we been offered this position at the start of the season, even the most optimistic amongst us would have been delighted I think. Means nothing if the job isn’t finished of course.

The Friend Zone
    If Connacht can’t come home from Italy with 5 points (4 depends on stuff like weather, injures etc) I don’t think anyone would say they deserve to finish in the top 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

You've got a Friend in me
    ClanofLams wrote: »
    Interesting to see Connacht are 1-4 for top three finish, Cardiff 3-1 with paddy power.

Connacht play Cardiff at home. They'll be huge favourites for that and winning it basically seals it for them.

Mul, it's over
    Connacht play Cardiff at home. They'll be huge favourites for that and winning it basically seals it for them.

Yeah. The most I can give Cardiff from their other three fixtures is 10, four points v Scarlets home, one v Munster away, five v Ospreys home.

That’s being generous too I think so three wins should be enough for Connacht even allowing for Cardiff picking up a bonus point loss in Galway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

But you've to get those 3 wins.

Contrary to you, I think Treviso will still be disrupted by 6-Nations in 2 weeks, and we'll get the 5 points
    But Zebre won't, and aren't that bad at all. Tricky, away from the Sportsground

If Cardiff gets 10, it's still possible to get 10 with only 2 wins, and an 11th point, BP in Thomond Park. Munster will have to win it but have to focus on the Pro14 S-F (and maybe Europe) also. I'm optmistic they might "let" us a LBP or a defeated TBP, it was close in Glasgow and happened at the RDS

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement