Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk Thread V - The Friend Zone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,449 ✭✭✭Wegians89

The Friend Zone
    Mr Tickle wrote: »
    You might be right but i'd be surprised if they were allowed since Horwitz is there. He hasn't played a lot yet and he's a young lad so I think it's worth reserving judgement until closer to the end of his contract.
    Even Jack was hit and miss before he became a multiple capped, 100% international kicker he is today.

He could come good but with carty looking ever likely to be going to the World Cup, Connacht are essentially left with three centers Horwitz, ronaldson and Godwin, a young inexperienced ten in Fitzgerald and the possibility of Luke carty or deane featuring for the start of the season next year. As we’ve seen before world cup years can give you a great chance to build early momentum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Mr Tickle

Wegians89 wrote: »
    He could come good but with carty looking ever likely to be going to the World Cup, Connacht are essentially left with three centers Horwitz, ronaldson and Godwin, a young inexperienced ten in Fitzgerald and the possibility of Luke carty or deane featuring for the start of the season next year. As we’ve seen before world cup years can give you a great chance to build early momentum.

Is Ronaldson not out of contract? I'd be surprised if he gets another. He's had some great games but the injuries are making it hard to justify.
    It might be a good opportunity for Fitzgerald and Horwitz to get tested.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,214 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Mul, it's over
    Connacht A 22-0 up v Ulster.

The game v New England is on YouTube here https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=H5D46tBcDvI

Don’t think tonight’s is being streamed

The Friend Zone
    Eagles won 44-21 last night, great result considering ulster hammered Connacht a few months ago in the Celtic cup. Try scorers were two for Johnny murphy and Conor Hayes, Copeland, lane and sob 3.0 all scored one each

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

Completely Unrelated Post:
    Just had a thought. If anyone is planning on drive/ferry to the sale game - they should consider contacting their insurance company asap and getting an insurance green card for driving in an non EU country..... just in case the Brexit **** storm really does fall on it's arse next week and a no deal exit happens.

• Advertisement

Mul, it's over
    Treviso team, no Italy starters from last weekend are involved.

https://twitter.com/benettonrugby/status/1108700029454184448?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭MarinersBlues

Mul, it's over
    Serious Connacht team and very strong bench.
    Have to fancy the win (even a bp)
    I would expect us to beat the 8pt hcap the bookies have out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭FACECUTTR

Serious Connacht team and very strong bench.
    Have to fancy the win (even a bp)
    I would expect us to beat the 8pt hcap the bookies have out.

I'd be happy with a 1pt win no bp.
    Tough game.
    I think we will get a much better view of where Godwin is at outhalf up against a decent team.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Some Like It TOH
    Fascinating game. Benetton tore it up over the Six Nations without their internationals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

I think they'll miss them hardly against such a Connacht team and away

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Some Like It TOH
    Very strong Connacht side. Great to see Robb back!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭evil_seed

The Friend Zone
    Dubinusa wrote: »
    Very strong Connacht side. Great to see Robb back!

Ehm, he played against the Ospreys.

I think it will be a tough game. I expect a win but it'll be tight

Mul, it's over
    FACECUTTR wrote: »
    I'd be happy with a 1pt win no bp.
    Tough game.
    I think we will get a much better view of where Godwin is at outhalf up against a decent team.

What I would be happy with and what I expect, in general, rarely coincide.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭macslash

Mul, it's over
    Cardiff have bonus point before half time

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

The Friend Zone
    Carty now our all time leading scorer

What a season he's having

Mul, it's over
    Carty isn’t far off joining Joe Canning and Joe Connolly as godlike JCs of the West. Wouldn’t swap him for any 10 in the country at the moment.

Blade didn’t look too pleased coming off, understandably because he was excellent. Great to have two 9s of such quality. If we could find a backup 10 it would help, Godwin is a very good player, been a great addition but don’t think he’s a 10.

Butler and Tom Farrell impressive as always too. Dillane really coming back to his best too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

The Friend Zone
    I hope we are looking at Stephen Fitzgerald as a permanent signing. He was excellent

Mckeon has been a highlight since he came back from injury

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

ClanofLams wrote: »
    Carty isn’t far off joining Joe Canning and Joe Connolly as godlike JCs of the West. Wouldn’t swap him for any 10 in the country at the moment.

Blade didn’t look too pleased coming off, understandably because he was excellent. Great to have two 9s of such quality. If we could find a backup 10 it would help, Godwin is a very good player, been a great addition but don’t think he’s a 10.

Butler and Tom Farrell impressive as always too. Dillane really coming back to his best too.

Except he's a Roscommon man

Mul, it's over
    nice_guy80 wrote: »
    Except he's a Roscommon man

I know, that was why I qualified it by saying the West. Up the Rossies - until the Connacht football final of course, if they beat Mayo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Mul, it's over
    Jack made the difference when he came on. Penalty from half way that he nailed was the turning point. Cardiff game will be like a cup final, can't wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I've consulted with prominent Nobel-winning scienticians and they have confirmed this kick was never on and are reconsidering what physics is.

https://twitter.com/Murray_Kinsella/status/1109207386366099457

A proof of concept for "unseen work"
    Buckley wasn't perfect, at scrumtime etc. But he made 20 ****ing tackles within barely an hour!!
    Butler isn't powerful as n°8, but he has reached the same tackling figure, some Captain!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

Cardiff threw their internationals straight back in tonight against the Scarlets and picked up a few injuries.

Mul, it's over
    Connacht 52| Ospreys 44| Cardiff 52
    Zebre (A)5| Cheetahs (A)1|Munster (A)0
    Cardiff (H)4| Kings (A)5|Connacht (A)1
    Munster (A)0| Cardiff (A)1|Ospreys (H)4

Connacht 61
    Cardiff 57
    Ospreys 51

Win away to Zebre and a cup final in the Sportsground!
    It's going to be a great afternoon on the 13th.

Will Navidi be back for that date?

Hopefully the Sale game isn't attritional :eek:

I'm getting a bit wary of the 0 points I have given Cardiff against Munster.
    They seem to be in great form at the moment but surely a win is out of the question.
    That's enough fate tempting for one post :D:D

Mul, it's over

Win away to Zebre and a cup final in the Sportsground!
    It's going to be a great afternoon on the 13th.

Will Navidi be back for that date?

Hopefully the Sale game isn't attritional :eek:

I'm getting a bit wary of the 0 points I have given Cardiff against Munster.
    They seem to be in great form at the moment but surely a win is out of the question.
    That's enough fate tempting for one post :D:D

Yeah would be concerned Cardiff could get a result against Munster too, will depend on what side they put out I guess. Be very happy if they got a losing bonus point, beating Zebre and Cardiff would do then obviously.

Friend said on tg4 last night there would be changes v Sale so guess the likes of Butler, TOH, Bealham, Buckley who have a lot played might get rested.

Mul, it's over
    ClanofLams wrote: »
    Yeah would be concerned Cardiff could get a result against Munster too, will depend on what side they put out I guess. Be very happy if they got a losing bonus point, beating Zebre and Cardiff would do then obviously.

Friend said on tg4 last night there would be changes v Sale so guess the likes of Butler, TOH, Bealham, Buckley who have a lot played might get rested.

I'm happy enough to hear that.
    The league should defo be priority now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭macslash

Mul, it's over
    Looking at Zebre there against Munster. Very impressive. Won't be easy over there.

Having said that if they did manage to win against Munster here it might make Munster go all out against Cardiff!

The Friend Zone
    macslash wrote: »
    Looking at Zebre there against Munster. Very impressive. Won't be easy over there.

Having said that if they did manage to win against Munster here it might make Munster go all out against Cardiff!

A zebra won could also drag Munster into a fight for top three in the conference

• Advertisement

For once I think we could play Challenge Cup and Pro14
    Our squad is in the best health shape I've ever seen
    No-one is injured in the main squad except SOB
    plus we have 3 games to play, then rest vs Munster before Play-off or Euro Play-off (hope we won't have to rely on any point in Thomond, even if it's not impossible to get one vs a Munster team focused on its own final phases)

So Carty Roux Marmion and so on were rested this week-end and should play 3 games. Even Bundee
    I'd rest only the players overused, beyond 1000 minutes this season. Even Bealham and Godwin aren't in this category. Buckley, Dillane, Farrell, Butler, Fainga'a, Full-blank
    + Lots of players coming back from injury would have extra motivation to shine vs Sale as an opportunity to get back in the main squad/get a new contract

Which leaves us in Manscheter with a really competitive team

1) McCabe
    2) Heff
    3) Bealham
    4) Roux
    5) Thornbury
    6) McKeon
    7) Masterson
    8,) Boyle
    9) Marmion
    10) Carty
    12) Aki