Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk Thread V - The Friend Zone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

Cheers.

Looks like Connacht could be on for a try bonus.

Now that Leinster's regular season is effectively over, I have decided (in my magnanimity) to bestow my full support upon another team.

Come on the Clan.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,320 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Some kick from Godwin. Went about 80 yards into the corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭macslash

Mul, it's over
    Is there any chance that wind might die come the 2nd half?! Some kick by Godwin. We need 30+ before half time

Connacht need as many points as possible. Ospreys have been pretty poor but that’s a very strong wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,649 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Ye are ripping it up, unreal!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭mangobob

Woohoo. This is turning into a rout.

Mul, it's over
    Absolute demolition. The disconnect between Welsh club rugby and Welsh international rugby is hard to credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I can't remember the last time I saw Connacht play during day time.

Its like Barca!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭macslash

Mul, it's over
    There was as much of a block by an Ospreys player on Dillane for the break there as what Colby did. Absolutely nothing. Should have the 4th try already. Hope we hold firm here before HT

Holding on there is as cynical as offending when under pressure, should be a yellow.

• Advertisement

TOH would have scored a try there only he had the fastest player on the pitch chasing him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

I can't believe it's not Butler
    macslash wrote: »
    There was as much of a block by an Ospreys player on Dillane for the break there as what Colby did. Absolutely nothing. Should have the 4th try already. Hope we hold firm here before HT

Thought the very same.

Ospreys in danger of a yellow here.

Would be great to get BP by HT

Mul, it's over
    Tiernan really caught for pace there, but credit to him for winning the turnover all the same.

Tiernan really caught for pace there, but credit to him for winning the turnover all the same.

Giles is extremely quick and unfortunately he was close enough to TOH to chase him down there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,141 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Mul, it's over
    PT

Pen try.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

I can't believe it's not Butler
    BP in the bag and 15 vs 14 for the first 10 mins of second half

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Redo91

You've got a Friend in me
    That was a very harsh yellow and penalty try IMO. Happened in the tackle. Will take it though. With this wind didn’t think we had the game in the bag but we do now.

What a fupping finish to that half. Massive, massive period in the game. 14 point swing in Connachts favour. I was out of my chair screaming at the tv. Brilliant stuff.

Godwin has been an excellent signing.
    Redo91 wrote: »
    That was a very harsh yellow and penalty try IMO. Happened in the tackle. Will take it though. With this wind didn’t think we had the game in the bag but we do now.

Nah it was clear as day for me. One handed knocking of the ball to prevent it reaching the Connact player and stopping a certain try. Correct decision.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭griffinlee

why is it so easy to love connacht rugby

• Subscribers Posts: 41,028 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

The Friend Zone
    Thought it looked more like it bounced off his shoulder than hand .. but maybe I'm just tripping.

griffinlee wrote: »
    why is it so easy to love connacht rugby

Combination of perennial underdog status and attractive rugby style.

Plus the greyhound track. It must be the only rugby stadium in the world with a greyhound track.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,919 ✭✭✭OldRio

Well this is fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭Euphoriasean

Super first half. Unlucky not to have a another but thought we were miles offside prior to the intercept for the last try. Bonus to be playing against 14 for the first 10 of the second half. Keep it up!

I thought the same on first view but on the replays there is no attempt to catch. He should have been carded before it IMHO so it was coming.

Ospreys are a rabble. Down to 13 men.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Redo91

You've got a Friend in me
    mangobob wrote: »
    Godwin has been an excellent signing.

Nah it was clear as day for me. One handed knocking of the ball to prevent it reaching the Connact player and stopping a certain try. Correct decision.
    He had his hands out to tackle. He was never looking to play the ball. Fairly obvious I thought. Consensus from those around me was that it was very harsh. Can’t see how he batted the ball down.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,141 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Mul, it's over
    troyzer wrote: »
    Ospreys are a rabble. Down to 13 men.

Connacht crumble when the opposition have YCs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭MarinersBlues

Mul, it's over
    Going by past performance when the opposition get yellow cards we are about to concrede 5 trys.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement