Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk Thread V - The Friend Zone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,374 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Mul, it's over
    connachta wrote: »
    A proof of concept for "unseen work"
    Buckley wasn't perfect, at scrumtime etc. But he made 20 ****ing tackles within barely an hour!!
    Butler isn't powerful as n°8, but he has reached the same tackling figure, some Captain!

Tackles are hardly unseen though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Tackles are hardly unseen though

My point is very few would have noticed Buck as good on this game because of scrum, but he was very useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,449 ✭✭✭Wegians89

The Friend Zone
    Don’t think the team will be weakened on Friday. Friend said changes but could just mean bring back in the likes of bundee, roux, Boyle, niyi and starting thornbury, carty, marmion. Really decent squad depth in most positions. League is very important but a win on Friday could be enough to get into champions cup and also two wins away from a trophy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

Wegians89 wrote: »
    Don’t think the team will be weakened on Friday. Friend said changes but could just mean bring back in the likes of bundee, roux, Boyle, niyi and starting thornbury, carty, marmion. Really decent squad depth in most positions. League is very important but a win on Friday could be enough to get into champions cup and also two wins away from a trophy

Can I just reiterate again as a Leinster fan how desperately I want Connacht in the Heineken Cup next year? I can't wait to see that style of rugby causing all sorts of problems. Connacht should be targeting a knock out spot in the Heineken Cup straight out the gate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

We need Bundee more for the Zebre and Cardiff matches imo. Couldn't see him playing 3 games in a row.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Mr Tickle

We need Bundee more for the Zebre and Cardiff matches imo. Couldn't see him playing 3 games in a row.

I wonder could he be on the bench in Manchester? Maybe even bench Marmion again.

If it's still in the balance in the last 10-15 they could swing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭KBurke85

The Friend Zone

Why not there's only 4 games left in the season as it stands and there is no internationals at the end of the season. No reason why all players shouldn't be available for selection for the remaining games.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I can't believe it's not Butler
    Mr Tickle wrote: »
    I wonder could he be on the bench in Manchester? Maybe even bench Marmion again.

If it's still in the balance in the last 10-15 they could swing it.
    You can't really bench Bundee as he only gives you cover for centre. Don't see the issue in him starting all the remaining games, he always goes best when he's playing week-in-week-out.

Anyone see what the deal was with TOH going off injured on Friday? Before he went off he was moving better than I've seen in ages and was really looking like he was getting back to his peak.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

Robbo wrote: »
    You can't really bench Bundee as he only gives you cover for centre. Don't see the issue in him starting all the remaining games, he always goes best when he's playing week-in-week-out.

Anyone see what the deal was with TOH going off injured on Friday? Before he went off he was moving better than I've seen in ages and was really looking like he was getting back to his peak.

it was HIA - he did not look too bad when going to the dressing room and was out with the team on the bench for the 2nd half.... I did not see how he picked up the knock

I was imagining Godwin would start in the centre. He covers wing and if Leader or Kelleher is there then that's your spare Full Back too.
    it was HIA - he did not look too bad when going to the dressing room and was out with the team on the bench for the 2nd half.... I did not see how he picked up the knock
    I wonder was it when he went for the line before Healy's try. He took some very heavy contact there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,214 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Mul, it's over
    Roux picked up a knock and unlikely to play Friday. Sounds like knocks from Treviso game mean Butler and O’Halloran will miss Sale too. Aki available.

http://indo.ie/yJrE30ocelJ

• Registered Users Posts: 3,449 ✭✭✭Wegians89

The Friend Zone
    Seems that roux was down to have a week off next week and not available for the zebre match, I’d assume bundee would be in the same boat. Hopefully carty marmion Farrell and ultan will be available for the zebre match

Wegians89 wrote: »
    Seems that roux was down to have a week off next week and not available for the zebre match, I’d assume bundee would be in the same boat. Hopefully carty marmion Farrell and ultan will be available for the zebre match

Can anyone explain what they mean about roux having next week off? Is it jsut like regular annual leave or is it part of the player management? If it's the latter then wouldn't giving him this week off instead do the same job?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭Shelflife

Prob the latter.

Its not just games they would get off its prob training as well. So if Roux has trained this week and then got a slight knock hes stilll been working all week.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I can't believe it's not Butler
    The Council voted to give the stadium redevelopment top priority for the Government grant scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

The Council voted to give the stadium redevelopment top priority for the Government grant scheme.

"The house that Bundee built".

So when are they going to break ground on John Muldoon Park?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Some Like It TOH
    I see that former Connacht centre Pita Ahki has extended his contract at Toulouse until 2021.

Mul, it's over
    Changes aplenty.

Leader
    Adeolokun
    Godwin
    Aki
    Kelleher
    Carty
    Marmion
    McCabe
    McCartney
    Robertson McCoy
    Cannon
    Thornbury
    Masterson
    Connolly
    Boyle

Heffernan, Buckley, Bealham, Maksymiw, Copeland, Blade, Daly, Fitzgerald

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭EachSmallChime

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Is it on TV/streamed anywhere?

Mul, it's over
    Think Ashton is injured, just happy we won’t have to see him diving anyway. Yeahs it’s on bt sports

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

The Friend Zone
    Zzippy wrote: »
    Is it on TV/streamed anywhere?

By sport 2

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

The Friend Zone
    BT Sport 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

Friend is right.
    Sale go full-strenght. We rotate, but have a decent team to be decent losers and not harm confidence. Strong bench
    Not a big fan of Cannon, too slow, otherwise I 100% agree with the lineup. Connolly will shine again

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Lebute

connachta wrote: »
    Friend is right.
    Sale go full-strenght. We rotate, but have a decent team to be decent losers and not harm confidence. Strong bench
    Not a big fan of Cannon, too slow, otherwise I 100% agree with the lineup. Connolly will shine again

has anyone ever watched a game where James Connolly has played but failed to impress. I am a big fan of his but it is an area of depth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭FACECUTTR

An hour to go. Hopefully an entertaining game.
    I'll go with an optimistic 3 point win for Connacht.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭tobdom

As bad as we've been we're about to get worse as they're down to 14......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭EachSmallChime

Almost no positives to take from that game. Let's console ourselves in that our entire pack was a B team and hope that the Carty and Bealham injuries aren't too bad

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement