Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Donald is perhaps definitely kinda NOT coming to Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭Odhinn

tretorn wrote: »
    Why splutter.
    Where is the evidence he is a racist.

A bit here for starters - the central park thing was/is pretty disgraceful

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racial_views_of_Donald_Trump

If aodhan o riordain and boyd barrett dont like something. I find
    I usually take the completely opposite view.

That pair of muppets given the chance would send a flotilla of boats to ferry all the economic migrants from sub saharan Africa over to Ireland.

What you see is what you get with Trump. And I for one find that refreshing.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,261 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Where is the evidence that Trump is sexist. I know, I know he passed some stupid pussy grabbing comments but lots of midfleaged women pass commdnts about toyboys etc and hen parties can be lewd.
    Trump has plenty of women in senior positions. There is no evidence he is a woman hater and there is no evidence he is a racist either though he is often called a racist too.
    Most of the nasty stuff written about him is by feminists and its beginning to sound unhinged, the adticle comparing him to a tom cat has really put me off the Irish Times, its completely unbalanced now with far too many female hysterical journalists, it the ssme old tedious whining and people are switching off wholesale.

Sexism is not "hating" women. It's a belief that they are inferior or subservant. I's argue that advising people to "grab them by the pussy" would indeed constitute a superiority complex based on gender.

As for the racism it's probably more xenophobic and islamophic, granted - but it depends on the age-old question as to whether a religion or nationality can be classed as a race. It's certainly bigoted though, and the anti-"snowflake" brigade seem to base their political loyalties on the humour derived from it.

None of this is written by anyone, feminist or otherwise. It's based on what the man directly said or policies he brought in or attempted to bring in.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

Odhinn wrote: »

Something something from the 70s!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,746 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

President Trump is as welcome as any other president to this country.

There will be so many hypocrites crying over him coming, when they were silent or even supported the visits of President Obama who started wars and helped give us the migrant crisis through the most awful foreign policy.
    People were out waving flags for Obama...

So Trump will come and a bunch of idiots will be out protesting because they believe everything the media tells them, Obama is good, Trump is bad. maybe they were all as equally crap, just one presented the crap with a better garnish.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

This would be the first example directly related to Trump. Racist apartment policies.. He lost.
    https://www.nytimes.com/1973/10/16/archives/major-landlord-accused-of-antiblack-bias-in-city-us-accuses-major.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭tonycascarino

I wouldn’t go see him if he were standing in the back garden.

I would, I think he is great. I absolutely love how he has got all the liberal whingebags of this world wound up. That alone should get him another 4 years as POTUS.

Autochange wrote: »
    I like that wants to run his country like a business. That he is against illegal immigration and how he expects other countries to pay their fair share on the global stage.

I haven't heard any racism or sexism from him

Running a country like a business is very bad policy because the aims are ultimately very different, and the biggest problem faced by countries is not illegal immigration. He spends far too disproportionate a time dealing with this and avoiding the real problems America faces because they other problems require solutions he's not strong enough to make. Question this, though is: why are you are you moaning inaccurately about pissing off snowflakes...?

I've delt with the racism/sexism in a previous post.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

I would, I think he is great. I absolutely love how he has got all the liberal freaks of this world wound up.

He’s a disgrace and he doesn’t deserve the office he holds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Autochange. How is he running his country like a business?.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

How many Muslim refugees has Putin taken in.
    Trump is taking steps to protect the USA against hordes of refugees whose lifestyle is not compatible with western democracy. The attitude to women and their rights is a huge stumbling block to successful integration of muslims and Trump has seen what has happened in Europe and its not in Americas interests to be a draw for millions of black North African men. Putin is not opening the doir to this either and he isnt being constantly derided like DT.
    The Australian Government wont even let tefugees land, Austalia is enormous but it wont make room for Muslims either, why isnt the Australian PM getting dogs abuse for doing exactly what DT is doing.
    The Austrians, the Italians, the Spanish, the Poles, the Hungarians and most of all the UK are closing the doirs to economic migrants but only DT is being villified.
    People can read and know how facts are being fed to them, its very tiresome.

I would, I think he is great. I absolutely love how he has got all the liberal whingebags of this world wound up. That alone should get him another 4 years as POTUS.

Good to see a high standard being set for the leader of the last superpower.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Niles Crane

Caligula was probably worse than both put together, do we stop protests for all time now?

Where were all these protesters when the Chinese president visited Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

How many refugees have the Chinese taken in.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭Taytoland

Taytoland wrote: »
    All the whining about Trump is tiresome and beyond boring. George Bush was a much worse President than Trump could ever be. One word, Iraq. Enough said.

Caligula was probably worse than both put together, do we stop protests for all time now?
    Go bore yourself senseless if you want, most of us couldn't give a damn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

How many Muslim refugees has Putin taken in.
    Trump is taking steps to protect the USA against hordes of refugees whose lifestyle is not compatible with western democracy. The attitude to women and their rights is a huge stumbling block to successful integration of muslims and Trump has seen what has happened in Europe and its not in Americas interests to be a draw for millions of black North African men. Putin is not opening the doir to this either and he isnt being constantly derided like DT.
    The Australian Government wont even let tefugees land, Austalia is enormous but it wont make room for Muslims either, why isnt the Australian PM getting dogs abuse for doing exactly what DT is doing.
    The Austrians, the Italians, the Spanish, the Poles, the Hungarians and most of all the UK are closing the doirs to economic migrants but only DT is being villified.
    People can read and know how facts are being fed to them, its very tiresome.

It's the Mexicans he wants out

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

Bootlegger wrote:
    No 'likes' to be gained on social so our precious princess leftists won't be out.

Such insight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

Thought it was all illegals he wants out?

There was a protest in the phoenix park, I think.

Why does it matter?
    taytoland wrote:

Go bore yourself senseless if you want, most of us couldn't give a damn.

You give a damn enough to post on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

that might be racist so best avoided despite the monumental human rights abuses.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭Taytoland

You would think Trump never got a single vote the way some in American media and in this part of the world go on about him. He received a huge mandate on the electoral college and millions of votes. They saw Trump as the best option available to them, that's it. The rest is conspiracy nonsense.

At least he was elected. Leo Varadkar the douchebag was just handed the top job without a single vote from the public knowing he would be put in that position.

Hitman3000 wrote: »
    Thought it was all illegals he wants out?

The non-white ones. If he took as hard a stance on illegal undocumented Irish as he did on the islamic or latino ones, you can imagine the responce from here.

Bootlegger wrote: »
    Well for me personally I can never get enough of the endless salty tears of the Trump haters.

This thread seems overrun by political analysts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

Well for me personally I can never get enough of the endless salty tears of the Trump haters.

Nobody ever tell you that drinking too much salty water will kill you?

Well, it's not like you gave us the impression that you opinions were based on inofrmed political research and news analysis...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Trump for 2020 and then hopefully his son or daughter after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

Well, it's not like you gave us the impression that you opinions were based on inofrmed political research and news analysis...

That's a little much to expect from a Trumptard isn't it?

Or maybe people are just tired of the left's endless whinging?

I've heard more whinging about the whinging than whinging at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,570 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

ebbsy wrote: »
    Trump for 2020 and then hopefully his son or daughter after that.

The US has adopted monarchy as a system of rule?

• Advertisement

The non-white ones. If he took as hard a stance on illegal undocumented Irish as he did on the islamic or latino ones, you can imagine the responce from here.

Irish people aren't flooding into America. No predominantly white nation is. We aren't systematically entering gangs either and we aren't involved in supplying the country with drugs.

Note to the people with zero comprehension skills: I am taking abort illegal immigrants from the Americas with no economic opportunities, not Mexicans or legal immigrants.

The "concentration camps" showed a sliver of the scale of illegal immigration.

If Trump is racist because of a lawsuit from the 70s and because he has focused on the primary group causing immigration issues, then he is likely one of the least racist white men of his age in that country.

Advertisement