Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Donald is perhaps definitely kinda NOT coming to Ireland

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

bazz26 wrote: »
    Trump is a textbook narcissist. He craves attention, controversy and outrage whether it be positive or negative. The best way to deal with his visit here is to go about your business as normal and ignore he is here at all.

Every Politician is a Narcissist. Trump is just up front with his.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,953 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Aska wrote:
    Donald won't give a rats ass what anyone here thinks of him and rightly so, it's a shame we don't put as much effort into telling our own politicans what we think of them when the times come around for the decisions they have made that directly affect us each and every day.

You don't know very much about Donald so.

He very much cares about protesters. He put off his UK visit due to the possibility of protesters. He then stayed away from the public or places where protests could take place when he did eventually visit.

He has his supporters in the states convinced that he's the most popular president ever. The last thing he wants is for US news station's showing him anywhere near protests.

I do wonder if Putin announced a visit would there be similar faux outrage?

He hasn't been invited

• Registered Users Posts: 33,172 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

batgoat wrote: »

Ah yes, the illuminati. Let's just ignore all the corrupt stuff that he appears to be becoming more and more implicated in.

In fairness, that's been the case for a while, Illuminati or not, and you'd be - if you'll pardon the irony - blind not to see it.

Economics controls governments and business controls economics. Simple way of the world. If it wasn't the case, 2008's crash must have been the real illusion; and the infamous "war on drugs" must be a work of fiction.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    You don't know very much about Donald so.

He very much cares about protesters. He put off his UK visit due to the possibility of protesters. He then stayed away from the public or places where protests could take place when he did eventually visit.

He has his supporters in the states convinced that he's the most popular president ever. The last thing he wants is for US news station's showing him anywhere near protests.

Now you are tempting even me ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

batgoat wrote: »
    As part of the investigation, it's perfectly legitimate for Mueller to send any criminality to the relevant authorities which he has done. He has also got numerous indictments in relation to Russia. There is likely more to come out about the Clinton emails and that meeting that they had with the Russians, you know the one where his son decided he wished to collude with them for information on an opponent? Trump has moved on to saying that collusion isn't a crime... His arguments are in constant flux...

So blame it on the deep state or whatever but this is all Trump and the types he surrounds himself with. Eg Paul Manafort who is still facing charges in relation to Ukraine and his dealings with Yanukovych. Yanukovych who is very much so in bed with Putin, he actually fled to Russia after he was deposed. So enjoy having your head in the sand.

Even if the Donald Jr meeting is proven it wasn’t part of the dossier. Yes there’s still the second trial of Manafort. That’s the only one dossier related.

I personally think if you believe that the US is anything other than a plutocratic militaristic State run by its deep state gatekeepers you have your head in the sand.

A similar campaign was waged against Clinton who unlike his wife wasn’t as gung ho militarily as the military industrial complex would have liked, and an investigation into some shady dealings in Arkansas (never proven) ended up with monica lewinsky and impeachment which had nothing to do with the original claims. If a leftist ever gets elected, same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,949 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

In fairness, that's been the case for a while, Illuminati or not, and you'd be - if you'll pardon the irony - blind not to see it.

Economics controls governments and business controls economics. Simple way of the world. If it wasn't the case, 2008's crash must have been the real illusion; and the infamous "war on drugs" must be a work of fiction.

economics is a complicated beast, and business is only one critical aspect of it, its ultimately down to the complicated interactions of humans and our environment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Get the balloons out. Donald and Leo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Even if the Donald Jr meeting is proven it wasn’t part of the dossier. Yes there’s still the second trial of Manafort. That’s the only one dossier related.

I personally think if you believe that the US is anything other than a plutocratic militaristic State run by its deep state gatekeepers you have your head in the sand.

A similar campaign was waged against Clinton who unlike his wife wasn’t as gung ho militarily as the military industrial complex would have liked, and an investigation into some shady dealings in Arkansas (never proven) ended up with monica lewinsky and impeachment which had nothing to do with the original claims. If a leftist ever gets elected, same thing.

You're desperately trying to diminish this. The dossier only factors into this investigation to a very small degree, it wasn't the basis of opening the investigation as is claimed. Also Mueller is intentionally holding his cards incredibly close to his chest. We only know what he wants us to know.

The deep state has nothing to do with this,Trump being incredibly corrupt and surrounding himself with other corrupt people is what has resulted in this. I'm enjoying it at this stage because it looks very likely that his pretty ****ty family could be facing jail time. Shouldn't have been so corrupt... :D

Apologies if I missed this but was he actually invited?

• Advertisement

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    economics is a complicated beast, and business is only one critical aspect of it, its ultimately down to the complicated interactions of humans and our environment.

... of which we elect governments to supervise and which they do on a somewhat flawed and self-serving manner. What politician is going to being in unpopular but much needed social-based reform when people can only see the costs and not the benefits?

Certainly not Trump. He couldn't give a ****. Not his job to give a ****.

... of which we elect governments to supervise and which they do on a somewhat flawed and self-serving manner. What politician is going to being in unpopular but much needed social-based reform when people can only see the costs and not the benefits?

Certainly not Trump. He couldn't give a ****. Not his job to give a ****.

are our political institutions currently capable of helping to provide us with our actual needs, or are they simply powerless to do so?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Graces7 wrote: »
    Apologies if I missed this but was he actually invited?

Yes he was, by two different Taoisigh actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

MC Cain before he died announced that he didnt want Trump at his funeral so Trump said sorry for your troubles ad went off to his golf.

One of those stupid irish Times journalists wrote an entire article about how rude Trump was to Cains family, she said he had the morals of a tom cat. This is going way too far with the personal abuse, this is the President of the United States so the office deserves respect.

Trump is no worse and no better than any other politican and I for one am sick of the media ganging up on him. Its no wonder he uses twitter so much, its the only way he has to speak when the media and establishment are combining to get him impeached. If he comes to Ireland hundreds will turn out to see him the same way hundreds turn out to see the Pope.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    He hasn't been invited

Not what I said. If Putin said he was arriving in Ireland just for a piss stop we wouldn't see protests from the usual suspects who at heart are just anti American and "protest" every American president visiting.

Trump is a wanker but let's not overlook the hyprocrisy and opportunism of the Irish left when it comes to the USA.

Not what I said. If Putin said he was arriving in Ireland just for a piss stop we wouldn't see protests from the usual suspects who at heart are just anti American and "protest" every American president visiting.

Trump was invited. Putin wasn't. There's a huge difference in that. Many protesters will be protesting the fact that the Irish government invented him. It'll be an anti Irish government protest as much as a trump protest. This is why you won't see too many FG supporters protesting.

If Putin were invited I believe there would be as many protesters. They might not get the same coverage but they would be there just the same protesting.

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    are our political institutions currently capable of helping to provide us with our actual needs, or are they simply powerless to do so?

The have the ability, what they lack is the desire or even reason to do so. What's in it for them?

The have the ability, what they lack is the desire or even reason to do so. What's in it for them?

its a difficult one, but im not convinced these institutions currently have the ability, there seems to be an element of powerlessness in most if not all western politics to change things, then of course theres the forces that simply dont want things to change, as you rightly pointed out, for personal gain.

Great news. We needed something to get people arguing about after the abortion referendum and Popes visit.
    This’ll keep us going till Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Kuva wrote: »
    Ah lads, we wasted enough dough on the other fella last week.

Kevin Sharkey will at least be happy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Cannot wait to see all those Irish eejits out protesting over a President who has nothing to do with us.

Well that's an incredibly naive statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭golfball37

Trump has the snowflakes in a spin it’s delightful to watch. I can’t wait for his re-election in 2020.

golfball37 wrote: »
    Trump has the snowflakes in a spin it’s delightful to watch. I can’t wait for his re-election in 2020.

How are you people defining "snowflake"? The traditional way (in which case it makes no sense) or some convuluted way to describe anyone who criticises Trump? He's not exactly beyond criticism.

Because, as the meme goes, either that word does not mean what you think it means, or you're just throwing it out there for troll purposes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭golfball37

How are you people defining "snowflake"? The usual, or just anyone who disagrees with Trump on any aspect?

Because,as the meme goes, either that word does not mean what you think it means, or you're just thowing it out there for troll purposes.

Anyone who would bother to be offended by a person democratically elected 3000 miles away when there’s so much wrong with this country is my definition of one. Tosser hasn’t the same ring to it.

golfball37 wrote: »
    Anyone who would bother to be offended by a person democratically elected 3000 miles away when there’s so much wrong with this country is my definition of one. Tosser hasn’t the same ring to it.

So, the former then. Tosser might not have the same ring, but at least it might have some degree of accuracy about it.

In any case, anyone in his position who uses such blantant sexist and racist language and promotes violence, would piss off a lot of intelligent people - not just snowflakes.

Yes the guidelines were suspended indefinitely, so yeah it has been removed thankfully

So they are still there not removed as he could unsuspend them if he thought he could

Yes he was, by two different Taoisigh actually.

Thought he refused last year though?

We need to start the movement, come on folks, any suggestions?

Build a wall

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

Graces7 wrote:
    Thought he refused last year though?

So what he changed his mind and accepted the invitation extended by Leo.

• Advertisement

Hitman3000 wrote: »
    I can really see the government telling Donald to p*ss off considering how much we rely on FDI. Even when he wasn't POTUS M Noonan was down in Shannon with the red carpet to welcome him. Trump was only visiting his golfcourse then.

I am guessing you meant can't really see.

He is president of america so should do so. He will only be president for max of 8 years so we should still do what we have to do to keep a good relationship with American.

Advertisement