Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Donald is perhaps definitely kinda NOT coming to Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Lusocu

nthclare wrote: »
    Another vegan/femminazi....

I've just posted in this thread....
    Send me a pm maybe a bit of decorum will be more acceptable....

Have I offended a few snow flakes ???

Mod: Banned

You're a victim of double standards nthclare. If you were persistently posting insults against right wing stereotypes and Trump you wouldn't have been banned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Trump says America first. When will one of our leaders say the same about Ireland?

Kevin Sharkey claimed to want to be Ireland's Donald Trump by putting Irish first. The other day in Kilkenny County Council he flip flopped by supporting mass immigration [the very thing he was running against]

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭Taytoland

verycool wrote: »
    C*nt is not welcome. :mad:

He is here in God's country.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,949 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Bootlegger wrote: »
    Worth doing why? Sorry for hounding you on this but I'm trying to understand the activist mentality. You won't achieve anything. He won't stop being president.

I think Angela Merkel is an evil bitch but I wouldn't protest if she came to visit.

never underestimate the power of peaceful protest, its a very important part of helping to create a democracy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    never underestimate the power of peaceful protest, its a very important part of helping to create a democracy

Achieves nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

Bootlegger wrote:
    Worth doing why? Sorry for hounding you on this but I'm trying to understand the activist mentality. You won't achieve anything. He won't stop being president.

Because the man is a very public scumbag.

And you know the way there are always loads of posts demanding that right thinking Muslims come out and condemn the actions of extremists? I am a reasonable American.

Achieves nothing.

disagree of course, its a powerful signaler, to let those in power know of peoples distrust and dislike, always good to exercise it whenever possible, peacefully of course

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

Achieves nothing.

Worked here a few years ago regarding the water charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,652 ✭✭✭billyhead

I doubt he will visit Dublin anyway. He will fly into Shannon on his return trip from France, visit Doonbeg, meet Leo and then feck off back to the States after a one night stay imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

I think he might in a lot of trouble by then and the trip will be cancelled.

• Advertisement

humberklog wrote: »

As for Trump coming to Ireland? I'd consider the Irish waving US flags and wearing MAGA hats as backward idiots that don't realise he's doing more harm than good to right wing ideals- all the while Trump is p1ssing into their wellies and laughing in their faces.

How? He's more a John F Kennedy Democrat [who would be a Republican by today's standards of Democrats] His policies haven't been that extreme. The economy is doing well. Unemployment is doing to historic lows. The only one who thinks he's destroying the place are the Kool-Aid drinkers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

If you think trump is there to help the people of America, and is rocking the boat of the establishment, you ve been conned. He ll be disposed of when those truly in power have done their deeds, he's a powerless fool

Who exactly would these "people that are truly in power" be?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,062 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

It's Fascists v Fascists in a Fine Gael v Republican shootout.

Hopefully they all get destroyed.

Who exactly would these "people that are truly in power" be?

this is a difficult question, as sometimes its more a what than a who, but there are dangerous elements within american politics that have far more power than the president.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Aska

Donald won't give a rats ass what anyone here thinks of him and rightly so, it's a shame we don't put as much effort into telling our own politicans what we think of them when the times come around for the decisions they have made that directly affect us each and every day.

The one thing I am really embarrassed about is the likes of Eamonn Ryan etc. saying if the visit is not cancelled then we should demonstrate, why? He's invested in doonbeg, provided jobs, and by lord with a few pen strokes he can hit our economy very hard if he was inclined to what with the US multinationals and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,040 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Is anyone doing a special intentions rosary on the subject?

We have been hearing this same old line ever since he was elected or even before it and nothing has come of it. Why should things change between now and November? The Donald will definitely be coming.

Aska wrote: »
    Donald won't give a rats ass what anyone here thinks of him and rightly so, it's a shame we don't put as much effort into telling our own politicans what we think of them when the times come around for the decisions they have made that directly affect us each and every day.

The one thing I am really embarrassed about is the likes of Eamonn Ryan etc. saying if the visit is not cancelled then we should demonstrate, why? He's invested in doonbeg, provided jobs, and by lord with a few pen strokes he can hit our economy very hard if he was inclined to what with the US multinationals and all.

If RTE scrutinized the Irish Govt as much as they do Trump [and they even jumped on the 2 scoops of ice cream should be an impeachable offense garbage] then Ireland wouldn't be in the state its in.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

I do wonder if Putin announced a visit would there be similar faux outrage?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,159 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Trump is a textbook narcissist. He craves attention, controversy and outrage whether it be positive or negative. The best way to deal with his visit here is to go about your business as normal and ignore he is here at all.

• Advertisement

Bootlegger wrote:
    So is Merkel but both were elected. He'll still be your president when he leaves.

Yeah, no ****. I suppose I could sit here cupping the man's balls, but I feel it wouldn't really get my point across.

If I agreed about Merkel, I would protest her too.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,062 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

bazz26 wrote: »
    Trump is a textbook narcissist. He craves attention, controversy and outrage whether it be positive or negative. The best way to deal with his visit here is to go about your business as normal and ignore he is here at all.

If I could thank 10 times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    How? He's more a John F Kennedy Democrat [who would be a Republican by today's standards of Democrats] His policies haven't been that extreme. The economy is doing well. Unemployment is doing to historic lows. The only one who thinks he's destroying the place are the Kool-Aid drinkers.
    The economy has been doing well since around 2009 so you can't attribute it to him. It's still previous policies that created that hence the current bull run on the markets which will eventually end. Yesterday it came out that children from El Salvador were sexually abused as a result of the separation policy with children...

Other things that he's done, he's attacked his own security services because he doesn't like that he's being investigated. He's made up lies about his security services. He's gotten in constant fights with journalists. He got in a fight with Bernstein of Woodward and Bernstein this week. He's claimed to have solved North Korea but his talks really amounted to nothing. He also almost provoked a nuclear war via twitter with North Korea.

He's also had some of his former top staff going to jail including his Lawyer. His CFO in Trump org has gotten immunity. So it's looking increasingly likely that his family if not him will be implicated in criminality.

So overall, while I'm not a fan of Kennedy overall. I think it's insulting to compare an actual politician to Trump. At least Nixon had the wherewithal to quit when things had become too serious. I think the Trump investigations have passed that point and we will eventually start seeing members of his own family going to jail. They're coming across as more and more like the mob.
    this is a difficult question, as sometimes its more a what than a who, but there are dangerous elements within american politics that have far more power than the president.
    Ah yes, the illuminati. Let's just ignore all the corrupt stuff that he appears to be becoming more and more implicated in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Malayalam

I was at the anti Iraq war protest in Dublin, in 2003, supposedly 100, 000 people were there, I'd say a lot more. The next day, despite being one of the largest marches ever to have happened in Dublin (after the 1979/80 marches), it made page 3 of the Sunday Independent - a total disregard for and manipulation by the media of grassroots public opinion, and the huge global protests all round the world before that war started made not a blind bit of difference. As the 2 million Iraqis dead might testify if they could.

I learned something from that.

Still I have protested regularly enough over the years but am under no illusions. It doesn't make a bit of difference. I will do it however, for as long as we are free to do it.

I would have to read the CNN handbook to know what exactly to protest against the oaf DT for....being a childish, narcissist with a bad hairstyle and an inflated libido who merely continues the same sh1tty imperialist policies of his predecessors seems unlikely to move me to particular protest. At least not over and above any other US president.

Funny enough, I did protest one US president though, once, a solo protest against Bill Clinton, the only dissenter with a placard in a fawning crowd gathered to meet him. I was protesting his presidential pardon of Susan McDougal of the Whitewater affair, where the Clintons were implicated in serious fraud, though of course the proof went ''missing''. I was protesting because on his last day in office he chose his old pal Susan over Leonard Peltier. Better to have her out of prison or she might talk too much about the ''First Couple''. For that I got harrassed by the men in black with the ear pieces, and Bill sped off in his cavalcade without meeting and greeting, leaving me to face an angry crowd deprived of their ''hero''. haha. :pac:

Bootlegger wrote:
    Its just virtue signalling really isn't it? Get some Facebook likes, boost the old Instagram profile.

Feel free to imagine whatever you like.

batgoat wrote: »
    The economy has been doing well since around 2009 so you can't attribute it to him. It's still previous policies that created that hence the current bull run on the markets which will eventually end. Yesterday it came out that children from El Salvador were sexually abused as a result of the separation policy with children...

Other things that he's done, he's attacked his own security services because he doesn't like that he's being investigated. He's made up lies about his security services. He's gotten in constant fights with journalists. He got in a fight with Bernstein of Woodward and Bernstein this week. He's claimed to have solved North Korea but his talks really amounted to nothing. He also almost provoked a nuclear war via twitter with North Korea.

He's also had some of his former top staff going to jail including his Lawyer. His CFO in Trump org has gotten immunity. So it's looking increasingly likely that his family if not him will be implicated in criminality.

So overall, while I'm not a fan of Kennedy overall. I think it's insulting to compare an actual politician to Trump. At least Nixon had the wherewithal to quit when things had become too serious. I think the Trump investigations have passed that point and we will eventually start seeing members of his own family going to jail. They're coming across as more and more like the mob.

Ah yes, the illuminati. Let's just ignore all the corrupt stuff that he appears to be becoming more and more implicated in.

The deep state rather than the illuminati. I’m no fan of trump but most of this investigation is finding criminality rather than any of the original claims in the dossier.

billyhead wrote: »
    I doubt he will visit Dublin anyway. He will fly into Shannon on his return trip from France, visit Doonbeg, meet Leo and then feck off back to the States after a one night stay imo

He might not even stay in Ireland overnight at all. It could well be the same as the Obama visit, arrive in the morning and leave the same evening.

I too marched against the Iraq war in London. Pointless. In fact in co-ordinated marches across the globe 30 million people marched. 3m in Rome. Nothing happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Malayalam

The deep state rather than the illuminati. I’m no fan of trump but most of this investigation is finding criminality rather than any of the original claims in the dossier.

And seriously...this rubbish spouted daily about ''Russia''. If the political classes of the democratic federation of the US of A seriously believes as they tell us ceaselessly that the United States are now being ruled by a tyrannical despot deliberately installed by a cold war enemy...hahah! It's just too cretinous.
    Ah well. They are sleepwalking into another term of the Donald.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

As part of the investigation, it's perfectly legitimate for Mueller to send any criminality to the relevant authorities which he has done. He has also got numerous indictments in relation to Russia. There is likely more to come out about the Clinton emails and that meeting that they had with the Russians, you know the one where his son decided he wished to collude with them for information on an opponent? Trump has moved on to saying that collusion isn't a crime... His arguments are in constant flux...

So blame it on the deep state or whatever but this is all Trump and the types he surrounds himself with. Eg Paul Manafort who is still facing charges in relation to Ukraine and his dealings with Yanukovych. Yanukovych who is very much so in bed with Putin, he actually fled to Russia after he was deposed. So enjoy having your head in the sand.

Advertisement