Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Donald is perhaps definitely kinda NOT coming to Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Great news. We needed something to get people arguing about after the abortion referendum and Popes visit.
    This’ll keep us going till Christmas.
    It's not fair.
    It will deflect completely from the "Would you wear a Poppy" post.

Also Aodhan O Riordain is already trying to make himself and the Labour Party relevant by protesting about the visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,172 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I am guessing you meant can't really see.

He is president of america so should do so. He will only be president for max of 8 years so we should still do what we have to do to keep a good relationship with American.

Oh, he could do a LOT of damage in eight years. He could do a lot in four if someone pissed him off enough. Especially the second four as he longer has to worry about re-election. The only worry mostof them would have would be in keeping the White House Republican (or Democrat if applicable) and I'd be surprised if he even cares about that.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,953 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Graces7 wrote:
    Thought he refused last year though?

He refused to go to the UK last year when he heard that there would be massive protests.

I don't think he ever refused to come here. There might have been rumours of a visit to his golf course here as part of the UK visit. I can't quite remember

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

I am guessing you meant can't really see.

I guess I forgot to turn on my sarcasm font.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Oh, he could do a LOT of damage in eight years. He could do a lot in four if someone pissed him off enough. Especially the second four as he longer has to worry about re-election. The only worry mostof them would have would be in keeping the White House Republican (or Democrat if applicable) and I'd be surprised if he even cares about that.

Oh I am sure he could do a lot of damage I am just saying we should at least not damage our relations. Lot will depend on elections this year in america

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Hitman3000 wrote: »
    I guess I forgot to turn on my sarcasm font.

Ah okay

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

bazz26 wrote: »
    Trump is a textbook narcissist. He craves attention, controversy and outrage whether it be positive or negative. The best way to deal with his visit here is to go about your business as normal and ignore he is here at all.

Him making decisions in the running of his country that you don't like doesn't mean he is a narcissist. It means you are a whingy snowflake.

Maga

• Site Banned Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Balanadan

Edgware wrote: »
    It's not fair.
    It will deflect completely from the "Would you wear a Poppy" post.

Also Aodhan O Riordain is already trying to make himself and the Labour Party relevant by protesting about the visit.
    Another reason, if it was even needed, not to vote Labour.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭yrreg0850

A government that , cannot afford to pay nurses a decent salary, provide houses for our citizens, or keep our post offices open, etc.etc
    Is going to spend millions on a visitor that I am sure the vast majority of citizens do not want.

yrreg0850 wrote:
    A government that , cannot afford to pay nurses a decent salary, provide houses for our citizens, or keep our post offices open, etc.etc Is going to spend millions on a visitor that I am sure the vast majority of citizens do not want.

Sure give Leo a buzz and tell him that you are speaking for the majority and don't want Trump here. Let us know his reply.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,941 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Should protest the hell out of it until he decides to not come like he did with London.

Autochange wrote: »
    Him making decisions in the running of his country that you don't like doesn't mean he is a narcissist. It means you are a whingy snowflake.

Maga

Ummm.... that's not even close to the definition of "snowflake".

I really wish people would look up the meanings of words before throwing them round as random insults.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

tretorn wrote: »
    MC Cain before he died announced that he didnt want Trump at his funeral so Trump said sorry for your troubles ad went off to his golf.

One of those stupid irish Times journalists wrote an entire article about how rude Trump was to Cains family, she said he had the morals of a tom cat. This is going way too far with the personal abuse, this is the President of the United States so the office deserves respect.

Trump is no worse and no better than any other politican and I for one am sick of the media ganging up on him. Its no wonder he uses twitter so much, its the only way he has to speak when the media and establishment are combining to get him impeached. If he comes to Ireland hundreds will turn out to see him the same way hundreds turn out to see the Pope.

They're just looking for something to give out about. They were hoping he would disobey McCain's request so they can run headlines how he defiantly disobeyed McCain's request to not be at his funeral. Instead he goes about his business and they still bash him for it. They're deranged because he hasn't done anything to warrant the vitriol and they can't justify all the talk of impeachment and locking him up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

Bootlegger wrote: »
    Basically they STILL can't accept he won. Sad.

PINO. President In Name Only. Has about as much aptitude for politics as Denis O'Brien.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

I wouldn’t go see him if he were standing in the back garden. Still don’t understand why they thought he’d make a good president.

PINO. President In Name Only. Has about as much aptitude for politics as Denis O'Brien.

PINO? I don't like the guy or his character but he has real power as bestowed on him by virtue of the office he holds. Already a firm is leaving Dublin to head back to the US because of his tax policies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Ummm.... that's not even close to the definition of "snowflake".

I really wish people would look up the meanings of words before throwing them round as random insults.

To be fair it's all they've got going by this thread. I'm guessing they don't really follow politics or economics. Common decency doesn't mean jack sh*t anymore.

To be fair at least Trump is always telling it like it is. Over 4000 lies now isn't is?

To be fair it's all they've got going by this thread. I'm guessing they don't really follow politics or economics. Common decency doesn't mean jack sh*t anymore.

To be fair at least Trump is always telling it like it is. Over 4000 lies now isn't is?

To be fair

Politician telling lies? My world has imploded.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

I wonder why the unwashed liberal arts students who will protest Trump are nowhere to be found when the Chinese dictator visits Dublin.

Especially given China's record on human rights and unrestrained environmental destruction.

Dirty, smelly hypocrites.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

4229 verifiable lies as of the start of August. And he's had a busy month what with his lawyer and campaign managers being convicted so I'd say that's headed for 5k at this stage.

Well, that is much is pretty obvious.

Has any of them actually stated what they like about Trump yet, or are their opinions based purely on perceptions that his racism and sexism is in some way funny?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Bootlegger wrote: »
    Basically they STILL can't accept he won. Sad.

2020's going to be a fun year when he gets re-elected.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭Taytoland

All the whining about Trump is tiresome and beyond boring. George Bush was a much worse President than Trump could ever be. One word, Iraq. Enough said.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,040 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Taytoland wrote: »
    All the whining about Trump is tiresome and beyond boring. George Bush was a much worse President than Trump could ever be. One word, Iraq. Enough said.

Caligula was probably worse than both put together, do we stop protests for all time now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

Where is the evidence that Trump is sexist. I know, I know he passed some stupid pussy grabbing comments but lots of middleaged
    women pass comments about toyboys etc and hen parties can be lewd.
    Trump has plenty of women in senior positions. There is no evidence he is a woman hater and there is no evidence he is a racist either though he is often called a racist too.
    Most of the nasty stuff written about him is by feminists and its beginning to sound unhinged, the article comparing him to a tom cat has really put me off the Irish Times, its completely unbalanced now with far too many female hysterical journalists, it the same old tedious whining and people are switching off wholesale.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,040 ✭✭✭Odhinn

tretorn wrote: »
    Where is the evidence that Trump is sexist. I know, I know he passed some stupid pussy grabbing comments but lots of midfleaged women pass commdnts about toyboys etc and hen parties can be lewd.
    Trump has plenty of women in senior positions. There is no evidence he is a woman hater and there is no evidence he is a racist either though he is often called a racist too.
    Most of the nasty stuff written about him is by feminists and its beginning to sound unhinged, the adticle comparing him to a tom cat has really put me off the Irish Times, its completely unbalanced now with far too many female hysterical journalists, it the ssme old tedious whining and people are switching off wholesale.

*splutter

• Registered Users Posts: 6,088 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Just read an article on Independent.ie.It quotes Aodain O'Riordan as saying he believes Irish people will be horrified by President Trump's visit.I will not be horrified and do not need politicians believing they are speaking for me or for others.
    Whether we like it or not Donald Trump is the Head Of State of a country with very close ties to Ireland.

Well, that is much is pretty obvious.

Has any of them actually stated what they like about Trump yet, or are their opinions based purely on perceptions that his racism and sexism is in some way funny?

I like that wants to run his country like a business. That he is against illegal immigration and how he expects other countries to pay their fair share on the global stage.

I haven't heard any racism or sexism from him

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

Why splutter.
    Where is the evidence he is a racist.

Advertisement