Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Donald is perhaps definitely kinda NOT coming to Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Irish Kings

Taytoland wrote: »
    You would think Trump never got a single vote the way some in American media and in this part of the world go on about him. He received a huge mandate on the electoral college and millions of votes. They saw Trump as the best option available to them, that's it.

It's funny all the ultra intolerant and liberal "tolerant liberals" only accept democratic decisions when it suits them.

It's also pretty telling that they think by attacking the clown that is trump personally all day long, they can think they can ignore the actual reasons people voted for him, and the reasons people distrust them and the media even more than they distrust trump. They and the media think ordinary public are stupid, and don't see what's going on. They are going to be in for an even bigger shock in the next election so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

Bootlegger wrote: »
    Well look, I despise Merkel. I think she's an evil traitor whore who sold her out her own people but I don't care if she visits and I accept she won. Why can't you mongs do the same?

Merkle is an extremely unlikeable individual but she’s not dangerous - Trump is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,944 ✭✭✭circadian

I know a few Orange Men that despise him.

Imagine that, Orange on Orange hate.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

Why is it not in the news about the Facebook employee complaining that within Facebook they are intolerant to politically right views? They are not neutral to views like they recently claimed to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭vladmydad

We welcome the fools from the EU all the time. They destroyed this country for years. At least Trump actually employs people in Ireland.
    All the sad and deeply unhappy people at the Irish times will moan for months

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

You would think Trump never got a single vote the way some in American media and in this part of the world go on about him. He received a huge mandate on the electoral college and millions of votes. They saw Trump as the best option available to them, that's it. The rest is conspiracy nonsense.

At least he was elected. Leo Varadkar the douchebag was just handed the top job without a single vote from the public knowing he would be put in that position.

Hillary won the popular vote, just to remind you. The US public didn't elect Trump, the Electoral College did. Had it been public vote only, Hillary Clinton would be President now.

ebbsy wrote: »
    Trump for 2020 and then hopefully his son or daughter after that.

Why would you think any of his offspring are fit for office when they show time and time again that they are total muppets of the highest order?

• Site Banned Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Balanadan

circadian wrote: »
    I know a few Orange Men that despise him.

Imagine that, Orange on Orange hate.

Disliked by the Orange Order, Liebour, SJWs, and segments of the Irish "media".

Most Irish people will warmly welcome President Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭paw patrol

when you see king of the progressives aodhan o riordan and eamon ryan of the green crying over trump's visit.
    you know you better be on the other side.

Thankfully I am .

I'm sure Leo knows the score...waffle away then bow down to trump in private and ask for all sorts of leeway for our emerald tax haven....maybe slip in a few lines how Piers Morgan is a cool guy too...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,986 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

ebbsy wrote:
    Trump for 2020 and then hopefully his son or daughter after that.

Trump in jail by 2020 is about right. My guess is that his son in law will be there before him though :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

Bootlegger wrote: »
    Well look, I despise Merkel. I think she's an evil traitor whore who sold her out her own people but I don't care if she visits and I accept she won. Why can't you mongs do the same?

Because that would be like appeasing the nazis in the hopes they would just go away.

It's funny all the ultra intolerant and liberal "tolerant liberals" only accept democratic decisions when it suits them.

It's also pretty telling that they think by attacking the clown that is trump personally all day long, they can think they can ignore the actual reasons people voted for him, and the reasons people distrust them and the media even more than they distrust trump. They and the media think ordinary public are stupid, and don't see what's going on.

If by ordinary people you mean those that support or voted for Trump then they probably are stupid. At the very least they are ridiculously gullible. The man is bought and paid for. He is corrupt to the core and using his position to enrich himself, his family and his business partners. He is decimating the environment and civil rights.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,986 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Balanadan wrote:
    Most Irish people will warmly welcome President Trump.

Like the pope?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I take it Michael D won't be meeting him?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

RasTa wrote: »
    I take it Michael D won't be meeting him?

Is it true he is a hob goblin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Mod-Bootlegger banned. Please don't respond to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

The US has adopted monarchy as a system of rule?

Bush snr, Bush jnr. Not unheard of. Although there was a gap between both.

The man is bought and paid for. He is corrupt to the core and using his position to enrich himself, his family and his business partners.

All politicians are, some are just a lot more crafty about it than others. The ones that are not very good at covering it up are much better for general public than the ones that are. Also any politician that the media corporations love also sounds massive alarm bells. The last thing that media corporations have to heart is the best interests of the general public.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Because that would be like appeasing the nazis in the hopes they would just go away.

If by ordinary people you mean those that support or voted for Trump then they probably are stupid. At the very least they are ridiculously gullible. The man is bought and paid for. He is corrupt to the core and using his position to enrich himself, his family and his business partners. He is decimating the environment and civil rights.

Keep talking down to people and they are only going one way

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

Not my job to change them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,211 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

I will protest the protestors

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Balanadan

One thing that is abundantly clear, listening to his interviews through the decades, is that Trump loves his country.

The guy was already incredibly wealthy. The idea that he wanted to become President, to step away from his successful businesses, in order to "enrich himself" is off the wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭UrbanSprawl

I will protest the protestors

There is absolutely nothing to protest about, some people have nothing better to do ..what difference will it make to american foreign policy . think trump will care? Lol

Insults are all they have, which is pretty telling really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

RasTa wrote: »
    It's the Mexicans he wants out

ILLEGALS. There's a huge difference.

JohnMc1 wrote: »

please stop with your accuracy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

I would like Trump to leave here with a goid memory of us.
    He wont if the PBP unwashed throw eggs and abuse at him. Who the **** do they think is going to pay for layabouts dole if the US companies pull out. We need the States more than they need us.
    Who does Eamon Ryan represent and how dare he hog the airwaves. His party was thrown out by the Irish electorate. Aodhan O Riordan is almost as bad with twiitter as DT and the sum total of his time in politics amounts to nothing.
    Cead Mile Failte Donal, I will lick your golf clubs if it means you will be goid to Ireland. I care about muslims as much as they care about me, its every man and woman for themselves.
    I think I would like to move to Saudi for the heat, is there anyway to get in there illegally.

I don't like Trump, but I wonder how Irish people would take to the Irish president being insulted and attacked so much by the American people and media ? ?

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭vladmydad

You would think Trump never got a single vote the way some in American media and in this part of the world go on about him. He received a huge mandate on the electoral college and millions of votes. They saw Trump as the best option available to them, that's it. The rest is conspiracy
    At least he was elected. Leo Varadkar the douchebag was just handed the top job without a single vote from the public knowing he would be put in that position.

Hillary won the popular vote, just to remind you. The US public didn't elect Trump, the Electoral College did. Had it been public vote only, Hillary Clinton would be President now.
    So he was elected by the same system that election every other President.

vladmydad wrote: »
    So he was elected by the same system that election every other President.

Some people think democracy should only be acceptable when it gives the result they want.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

JohnMc1 wrote: »

Yeah, where he wants to build his wall.

Advertisement