Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Donald is perhaps definitely kinda NOT coming to Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

Great news.
    Behind the bs and false rhetoric pumped out by social justice warriors and hipsters, trump has done a lot of good for the usa and Ireland.
    Employment is up; stock market is booming.
    Plans to introduce merit based visa instead of the lottery will also benefit us.
    Trump can help to make Ireland Great again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

That time he arrived in Shannon on his private jet with the harpists and Eamon Gilmore greeting him is etched in my memory.

One of the most embarrassing cringeworthy self deprecating things I've ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,783 ✭✭✭ebbsy

He's the champ that runs the camp and people should bow down to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Malayalam

I really don't get the hysteria about him. I wouldn't cross the road to see him, but it's not like he has done something to America or American policy that wasn't already well in train for decades.
    Maybe it's because he is not handsome.

Trump is there now and he'll be President until he does something really bad...
    like get his c0ck sucked by a subordinate in the Oval Office...oh, hang on,
    or instigates a drone bombing program abroad with innocent civilians accepted as collateral damage...oh hang on,
    or keeps immigrant children in cages..oh, hang on,
    or starts several new wars in MENA territory...oh, hang on,
    or ...I know what will get him in BIG trouble, keep top secret US govt information on unsecured private laptops!...oh, hang on.

Nah, sorry Donald, I can't think what you'd have to do to single you out for worse treatment than any of your predecessors...so, just keep on being unattractive looking, it's enough for some people to be driven insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,243 ✭✭✭Cody montana

If Leo and the likes bow down before this creep then we have genuinely lost our way.
    Trump is a liar and devout of honour and dignity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

OH NO! ANYTHING BUT THAT! OH NO!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Obama and Clinton were both good people who made some poor decisions at times. There are absolutely no redeeming qualities in Trump. He takes all actions based on greed and spite. He has no capacity for empathy.

Poor decisions

Such soft language

Reality is you would be picking pieces of your family out of the rubble after orders were given

But Donald is the bad man

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jan/23/us-air-wars-trump drone attacks increased almost 6 fold under trump and civilian deaths up 215%,but hey OBAMA!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

If Leo and the likes bow down before this creep then we have genuinely lost our way.

And Leo has honour has he ?

Leo hasn't put a cent back in our pockets since he came into office, actually most families are probably down €30 a week since Leo came in .

Leo is a spin doctor, tries to be all Johnny Cool, probably impresses millennials and the so called middle classes.
    With his posh accent and well scripted wit...

But he's not pulling the wool over the eye's of the upper classes or the working class.

While Donald is doing what he can for his country, OK he's alpha male.

In the natural order in nature the alpha male is on top, but in the last 20 year's you've pussies and feminism trying to go against nature and destroy the natural order.

Donald is the old school man's man, there's nothing wrong with that.
    Men were like that for thousands of year's.

Well you go against nature, nature bites back....

He hasn't started a war yet either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

He's definitely not going to do the obligatory Guinness shot which all the previous muppets did.

I feel America are probably our most important friend/ally/partner diplomatically, economically and militarily.

I think we should always extend a warm welcome for foreign heads of state but even more so for the US president. In the event of e.g. a Russian invasion of Ireland the first place we would look to for support would be the Brits and the Yanks. Indeed the main reason the idea of Russian aggression is so implausible is precisely because they know the Americans would help us out.

I feel we need to be mindful of that every now and again before lecturing them on their affairs from the comfort of our little island on the periphery of Europe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,452 ✭✭✭tigger123

I feel America are probably our most important friend/ally/partner diplomatically, economically and militarily.

I think we should always extend a warm welcome for foreign heads of state but even more so for the US president. In the event of e.g. a Russian invasion of Ireland the first place we would look to for support would be the Brits and the Yanks. Indeed the main reason the idea of Russian aggression is so implausible is precisely because they know the Americans would help us out.

I feel we need to be mindful of that every now and again before lecturing them on their affairs from the comfort of our little island on the periphery of Europe.

Why on earth would Russia want to invade our "little island on the periphery of Europe"?

tigger123 wrote: »

Why on earth would Russia want to invade our "little island on the periphery of Europe"?

You are missing the point. It was hypothetical. But to answer hypothetically let's say they wanted a port in the Atlantic.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

I concur.

Try telling that to the lefties though.

The cucks, and femminazis

• Registered Users Posts: 28,943 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

It's disturbing to see the amount of people, in particular Irish people, that have been conned by this man, the world is in a scary place. Interesting interview with Craig unger on Irish times inside politics podcast recently about trump.

• Site Banned Posts: 210 ✭✭Sardine

The guy is a dangerous idiot but we have to grovel at his feet to keep the American investment coming in. Without that this country would still be a backwater.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,452 ✭✭✭tigger123

You are missing the point. It was hypothetical. But to answer hypothetically let's say they wanted a port in the Atlantic.

How am I missing the point?

Hypothetically then, what would Russia do with a port in the Atlantic? Would they be using Galway bay to launch nuclear subs towards Manhattan?

Sardine wrote:
    The guy is a dangerous idiot but we have to grovel at his feet to keep the American investment coming in. Without that this country would still be a backwater.

Unfortunately there's an element of truth to this

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

But what about the homeless, the trolley crisis, rural post offices? Insert whatever you think we should be spending the money on

• Registered Users Posts: 16,486 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

Devout of honour and dignity?

Last time I looked Fine Gael were a right wing party that pursued policies that benefit the elites of this country. Yes Leo is gay, but in 2018 surely we have realized that being gay doesn't make you a Fluffy cuddly man of the people, lest we forget the thousands of homeless in progressive Ireland due to a lack of action being taken against greedy Fine Gael voting elites to stop hoarding land which should be used to build housing or action being taken to regulate the greed riddled rental sector.
    But hey Leo is gay so he's obviously doing wonderful things because of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,576 ✭✭✭golfball37

Not another red cent Leo never lied in his life? Trump is dangerous because he’s a politician who keeps his promises. He’s a danger to the established order who are bought and paid for. Of course we’ll have plenty of useful fools doing their bidding when he gets here rather than focusing on more important stuff that effects their lives.
    He’s been the best us president in my lifetime and I go back as far as Nixon

• Advertisement

golfball37 wrote:
    Not another red cent Leo never lied in his life? Trump is dangerous because he’s a politician who keeps his promises. He’s a danger to the established order who are bought and paid for. Of course we’ll have plenty of useful fools doing their bidding when he gets here rather than focusing on more important stuff that effects their lives. He’s been the best us president in my lifetime and I go back as far as Nixon

If you think trump is there to help the people of America, and is rocking the boat of the establishment, you ve been conned. He ll be disposed of when those truly in power have done their deeds, he's a powerless fool

• Registered Users Posts: 4,074 ✭✭✭relax carry on

nthclare wrote: »
    I concur.

Try telling that to the lefties though.

The cucks, and femminazis

You seem a little obsessed with those terms. I'm curious as to what happened to you to make you this way? Are you waiting at the keyboard, tissues ready, for a reaction?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

You'd have to be a special kind of dense to be still praising Trump at this stage... He's moving beyond Nixon territory in terms of corruption at the moment. He's literally getting in twitter arguments with Bernstein of Woodward and Bernstein... He's made "fake news" into a "deflect attention from negative stories about me".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

I will happily take time off to protest that jackass.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Sardine wrote: »

There's a greater threat beyond Trump.

Trump is largely a symptom of a larger problem in US politics, but what we've seen from him, in how he's eroded the status of the US worldwide and dealt a huge blow to the apparatus of the government in the US in terms of legitimacy and even functionality, through sheer ignorance, sets a new low, low standard for the US president, and if this standard were to be maintained - its opposition to facts, flirting with overt authoritarianism to a greater degree than ever before, having one of the most powerful countries in the world gleefully rowing back on efforts to avoid climate change, willful ignorance, belligerence against its allies, etc, the Western world will be dealt a massive blow, and global stability will be greatly undermined.

The governments of developed countries need to tell him to **** off, because he's not a legitimate president, and that's not because some sort of Russian plot got him elected, but because he's so painfully unsuitable to the role and is actively ****ing up not only his own country, with his contempt for the rule of law, freedom of the press and the standard of political discourse, but everyone else's as well, with his bungling of international relations and trade.

The world needs to be able to say to the US, it's fine with you wanting to be top dog, but stop ****ting in our garden.

Gbear wrote:
    The world needs to be able to say to the US, it's fine with you wanting to be top dog, but stop ****ting in our garden.

Some good points, but we need to be extremely careful how we do this, there's some very unhinged individuals running the show there, and trump is the least of our worries

• Registered Users Posts: 22,268 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

wexie wrote: »
    I think to show him a warm welcome we should make sure the entire country is covered with pictures of the last president visiting. He'll definitely appreciate that.

Screen_shot_2012-05-10_at_4.38.30_PM.png
    Wow that guy had big hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,268 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Why the fu.ck would Russia invade Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Sciprio

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    It's disturbing to see the amount of people, in particular Irish people, that have been conned by this man, the world is in a scary place. Interesting interview with Craig unger on Irish times inside politics podcast recently about trump.
    People have been conned by other politicians as well, Trump is an idiot and thats all on show for the world also there's many others worse than trump, waiting to rise. Governments, Quite a few TDs are out of touch, They want more immigrants(Not a bad thing) at the expense of others. These people don't have to live/compete with the results, maybe it makes them feel good or that pat on the back. We have a lot of that, telling people what and what not they can do.

• Advertisement

Sciprio wrote:
    People have been conned by other politicians as well, Trump is an idiot and thats all on show for the world also there's many others worse than trump, waiting to rise. Governments, Quite a few TDs are out of touch, They want more immigrants(Not a bad thing) at the expense of others. These people don't have to live/compete with the results, maybe it makes them feel good or that pat on the back. We have a lot of that, telling people what and what not they can do.

Ah western politics is a mess, we have political institutions that are effectively powerless, and potentially dangerous people and institutions running the show, it's amazing we haven't blown ourselves to pieces all ready

Advertisement